• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crashmo/Fallblox |OT| Heart-Shaped Blox

n64coder

Has anyone else wondered why Nintendo felt the need to come up with different names for this game? Why not just stick with Crashmo for all regions or Pullblox? Why was there the need to be different? Yes, I know that the previous games were Pushmo & Pushblox but they could have went with 1 name.

I just finished the first 10 levels. The tutorials are tiresome, especially if you've played the first game, but otherwise it's fantastic.

Just past the tutorials. Am preparing for my arse to be kicked.

He just set up a Fallblox training zone, which is nice... and ominous.

EDIT: Oh fuck.

Demoli

The turorials are cringe worthy sinple, my god, give me the option to skip. The very first couple of levels stopped me at every step.

That being said, the game has some genious design even early on.

DenisQc

from NoA :

jGWVw.jpg

next week :)

Shaffield

any word on Nintendo putting out QR codes on Twitter like they did for Pushmo?

we should definitely have a section in the OP for that stuff, including GAF created puzzles.
after watching a few more gameplay videos, i've already got a few ideas ;)

any word on Nintendo putting out QR codes on Twitter like they did for Pushmo?

we should definitely have a section in the OP for that stuff, including GAF created puzzles.
after watching a few more gameplay videos, i've already got a few ideas ;)

They're putting 20 puzzles out, through what medium I don't know.

Bonk

I entirely expect Fallblox to be to Pushmo what Excite Bots was to Excite Trucks.

I am not entirely sure if thats good or bad. There are some parts of ExciteTruck I prefer to ExciteBots.

To stay on topic: It would be really nice if they would put up those games on Wii U. Would be the perfect time waster to play on th pad. I really have no use for a real handheld system but to play that in short bursts at home.

Is it just me or the OST is really awesome?

It's definitely not just you. I loved the music in the original game, I do a little dance to the victory theme.

I am not entirely sure if thats good or bad. There are some parts of ExciteTruck I prefer to ExciteBots.

To stay on topic: It would be really nice if they would put up those games on Wii U. Would be the perfect time waster to play on th pad. I really have no use for a real handheld system but to play that in short bursts at home.

Well this game is perfect for short half an hour bursts. They're great exclusives for the 3DS so I'm inclined to say get your own! ;)

D-e-f-

Banned
The geriatric purple Mallo does grate on me, it has to be said. Don't tell me how to rewind shit bro. I been there.

They should start to include stuff that asks "have you played previous games in this series before?" and when you say "YES GORRAMIT" it skips all that tutorial nonsense. Zelda games especially need that.

They should start to include stuff that asks "have you played previous games in this series before?" and when you say "YES GORRAMIT" it skips all that tutorial nonsense. Zelda games especially need that.

I take it back. I have completely underestimated how different this is to Pullblox. Just spent half an hour on Lesson 10 :|

I've been playing a little more, but I'm still in the two stars levels. This game is definitely harder than the first one. So good.

90 training levels still boggles my mind. I assume after we finish it we'll all be masters right?

You only need to do 20, the others are optional.

Metal B

Only the first few puzzles are forced tutorials. After that Gorramit lets you figure out the rest of your own and can manual ask him for an helpful explanation. Then you unlock the 90 Tutorial Levels, in which you can ask Gorramit for tips or ask his trainee to solve the puzzle for you. In the main game Gorramit will only tell you about the different extra objects. It gets harder much fast then in Pullblox.

I really like how you need a different thinking for Fallblox then for its prequel. The gravity and advance movement makes it almost a complete different game.

I take it back. I have completely underestimated how different this is to Pullblox. Just spent half an hour on Lesson 10 :|

I'm becoming scared each level as to what the next will be like :/
Also in terms of tutorials I liked the jump one cause that was never very clear in the first one; and the rest do sort of 'osmosisly' teach you the tricks needed for the rest of the game.

Also using R to turn is really smooth. Love that feature.

Also, you can pull blocks out if you only have one space! You just fall off! Mind blown!

This is different enough that I think Pullblox will still get a decent amount of playtime.

D-e-f-

Banned
Only the first few puzzles are forced tutorials. After that Gorramit lets you figure out the rest of your own and can manual ask him for an helpful explanation. Then you unlock the 90 Tutorial Levels, in which you can ask Gorramit for tips or ask his trainee to solve the puzzle for you. In the main game Gorramit will only tell you about the different extra objects. It gets harder much fast then in Pullblox.

I really like how you need a different thinking for Fallblox then for its prequel. The gravity and advance movement makes it almost a complete different game.

:D

I think you misunderstood my use of Gorramit ...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Gorramit

Also, you can pull blocks out if you only have one space! You just fall off! Mind blown!

LOL I literally had the exact same reaction.

Though there are these grey bricks that will NOT let you do that, I think. They're used in the parachute puzzle sent out by Nintendo.

OMG Aero

Oh hey you can take screenshots and save them to the SD card now, that's pretty cool.
TcDHX.jpg

And man this game is way harder than Pullblox. I can't figure out that parachute QR code at all.

Blizzard

Banned
Oh hey you can take screenshots and save them to the SD card now, that's pretty cool.
TcDHX.jpg

And man this game is way harder than Pullblox. I can't figure out that parachute QR code at all.
Whoa, this is great. Do many 3DS games let you save screenshots?

Whoa, this is great. Do many 3DS games let you save screenshots?

This and animal crossing are the only ones I know of. Although you can kinda make screenshots on the 3DS for all games by making notes, you can't send those shots to your computer or sd card

Top Bottom