• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis Remastered coming to PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC

Hell no. Nobody wants to wave their controller around for the whole game
It's all about combining sticks and gyro for that quick precision aim. We have a LOT of people here swearing by it and most of them actually wished for it to become a standard in next gen it felt like.

I never tried it, sounds fun though.

Mista

Banned
It's all about combining sticks and gyro for that quick precision aim. We have a LOT of people here swearing by it and most of them actually wished for it to become a standard in next gen it felt like.

I never tried it, sounds fun though.
I tried it couple of times on my Switch. Now its always turned off

I won't even use it to aim my special shot in Mario Tennis

Mista

Banned
At -30fps
giphy.gif

JimboJones

Hell no. Nobody wants to wave their controller around for the whole game
You don't really need to wave your controller around for gyro aiming, it's like saying you need to move your whole arm around to move the analog sticks on a controller. Most people like gyro as an assist, you set up your aim using the sticks then making fine adjustments with the gyro to line it up with more finesse.
On PC at least I like to have it toggle on when I hold down L or L2 so it's only active when I need a little more precision. But hey diff strokes an all that I guess but i think it should def be included as an option at the very least.

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
When it comes to graphics, Crytek is "almost" a generation ahead of other developers. Those guys made a last gen game that still looks better than most of the current gen games and it still has features that most games don't use. Crysis 3 is still one of the best looking game even after 7 years
36208764570_556c581e94_o.jpg

36208799750_670b18ebd2_o.jpg

35796080923_43d2bb53cf_o.jpg

36208991830_7a54b2e300_o.jpg

JimboJones

When it comes to graphics, Crytek is "almost" a generation ahead of other developers. Those guys made a last gen game that still looks better than most of the current gen games and it still has features that most games don't use. Crysis 3 is still one of the best looking game even after 7 years

Kingdom Come Deliverance on hi speced PC sometimes almost like a sneak peak at next gen, (in a way it kind of is because even the developers said the highest settings are there more as a future proof)

I tried the original on a buddy's top of the line PC back then, it looked insane. But somehow just couldn't get around to being engaged to the gameplay. Years later in 2010 Crysis 2 happened on PS3 and enjoyed the game to bits. The score and tight gameplay and sorta wide linear world was thoroughly enjoyable. Is this worth checking out?

God I'm stoked for this. The first game is one of the best FPS games ever. Despite that I have found most of the ports lackluster in some way, probably due to porting issues.

We're finally getting good handheld FPS games with this being released for the Switch as well.

Crysis 1 port on console was underwhelming, but people forgot how good Crysis 3 was on 360, what miracle Cryteck was able to do with that limited hardware. One of the best looking game on that era, probably even better than Uncharted and Gears. Almost next gen on old gen hardware

Underrated game, IMO. The whole series IMO doesn't make many missteps, even when people complained that the game went "COD," which I just can't agree with. Crysis 2 was great as well.

UnNamed

Banned
I would like to write something about Crysis 2, but it could be very complex and not feasible considering my english is not that good.

But I want to spend my two cents for Warhead, a well received Crysis I don't like and felt different from the others.

Warhead was made by Crytek Budapest, probably the first of their subsidiary team. It was a small studio and the result feels very different from the other games developed in Frankfurt.

Warhead was very linear, the true COD on Crysis franchise, much more than Crysis 2 who still had some freedom.

Graphics didn't convince me: was a Crysis game, but original Crysis was well balanced and it have those desaturated color that makes it very realistic. On the contrary, Warhead had the typical issues every Crysis mod had: despite their claim to be "the realistic mod" they present color with high contrast and very black crunched shadows, not realistic at all.

Warhead was also the only game on the franchise Yerli didn't like. Can't find the interview where he said Warhead had lot of big areas where there wasn't much to do.
Crysis was a game where you can approach the target in your own way, Warhead was mostly a linear shooter with some useless exploration from time to time.

Warhead wasn't a bad game, for example the train mission was very interesting. But it wasn't a good Crysis.

My opinion, of course.

While technically superior, found Crysis 3 ugly. The excessive AO and the bland lighting, over desaturated colors. The game doesnt look 3d but rather a flat piece of concept art (you can probably take that as a complement, i guess), but it doesnt pop like the first Crysis. I didnt find it impressive at the time unlike C1 and it still looks impressive today considering it was released so long ago.

The visuals remind me of something more suited to TLOU

Last edited:

pawel86ck

Banned
Crysis 1 port on console was underwhelming, but people forgot how good Crysis 3 was on 360, what miracle Cryteck was able to do with that limited hardware. One of the best looking game on that era, probably even better than Uncharted and Gears. Almost next gen on old gen hardware

It should be noted Crysis 2 and 3 on X360 runs constantly below 30fps, however as strange as it sounds both games are still responsive and playable despite running in sub 30fps (maybe because of motion blur or PERFECT thumbsticks sensitivity). But performance aside I think crysis 2-3 (despite being downgraded from PC) are clearly above every other game on xbox 360 in technical aspect. Even Gears Of War 3 no longer looks so good if someone will play crysis 2 or 3 first. I think only TLOU on PS3 looks comparable to crysis 2-3 running on xbox.

Last edited:

eot

Banned
I would like to write something about Crysis 2, but it could be very complex and not feasible considering my english is not that good.

But I want to spend my two cents for Warhead, a well received Crysis I don't like and felt different from the others.

Warhead was made by Crytek Budapest, probably the first of their subsidiary team. It was a small studio and the result feels very different from the other games developed in Frankfurt.

Warhead was very linear, the true COD on Crysis franchise, much more than Crysis 2 who still had some freedom.
Crysis 2 had some freedom yes, but it's not at all comparable to the first game, or even Far Cry. If people like the game that's fine, I personally thought the aliens weren't much fun to fight and the story was ridiculous, but most of all it doesn't deliver on what made me want to play Crysis in the first place.

Fake

Crysis 2 had some freedom yes, but it's not at all comparable to the first game, or even Far Cry. If people like the game that's fine, I personally thought the aliens weren't much fun to fight and the story was ridiculous, but most of all it doesn't deliver on what made me want to play Crysis in the first place.

Crysis 2 and Crysis 3 are liniar games, while Crysis 1 is linear sandbox game. Agree with you about the aliens fight, at least on Crysis 1, not my favorite part. Crysis 2 aliens are more fun to fight.

Stuart360

36208764570_556c581e94_o.jpg

36208799750_670b18ebd2_o.jpg

35796080923_43d2bb53cf_o.jpg

Yep i agree 100%. Crysis 3 maxed out on PC looks better than anything released this gen imo, and its a last gen PC game lol.

Crysis is an absolutely terrible game, and yes ive completed it. Everything about it is from the bad old school of pc fps design that we've mostly dumped. The story, actual character designs, acting, plot twists, game flow, its utter shit. Genuinely, do not buy this, it is complete crap.
Ah, so YOU are part of the reason why modern first-person shooters suck, unlike Crysis.

pmtoNas.gif

angelic

Banned
Ah, so YOU are part of the reason why modern first-person shooters suck, unlike Crysis.

I dont do forum "wars" with anyone any more, but Crysis wasnt even a good game at the time. It's fussy and plays badly, it's a tech demo made into a game. It falls apart once you meet the aliens too, it's a mess. But as I say, you can have your opinion, it just doesnt match the industry, which has dumped the old baggage of 20 year old design.

Soodanim

Gold Member
Having not read 5 pages of replies, is there any reason aside from multi-core support that would be a good reason for me to not play the PC version I already own but never played?

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
it just doesnt match the industry, which has dumped the old baggage of 20 year old design.
The industry:

Doom (Reboot of an old school shooter series)
Wolfenstein (Reboot of an old school shooter series)
Shadow Warrior (Reboot of an old school shooter)
Ion Fury (old school throwback shooter)
Star Wars Battlefront (reboot of an old school shooter series)
XIII (remake/remaster of an old school shooter)
Prey (reboot of an old school shooter by 3D Realms/game very reminiscent of System Shock, an old school shooter series)

Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 (open world sandbox)
Far Cry series (open world sandbox)
Metro Exodus (open world sandbox)
Rage 2 (open world sandbox)
Borderlands 3 (openworld sandbox, loot)
Homefront 2 (openworld sandbox)
Killzone: SF (openworld sandbox)

Call of Duty series (design philosophy was there since the original from 2003. They perfected it in 2007 and since then ran with it. Its reminiscent of Medal of Honor, another old school shooter series)
Battlefield 1 (not quite an open world, but open design in SP)

A anyone
feel free to add

Eh, it still looks last gen. Not saying it's not a great looking game or anything but you can see the 'oldness' compared to modern engines.
It was an over exaggeration, Kingdom Come Deliverance is mindblowing. I mean even Killzone Shadow Fall arguably looks better, at least that game has PBR, Crysis 3 had to fake it I believe.

stranno

It should be noted Crysis 2 and 3 on X360 runs constantly below 30fps, however as strange as it sounds both games are still responsive and playable despite running in sub 30fps (maybe because of motion blur or PERFECT thumbsticks sensitivity). But performance aside I think crysis 2-3 (despite being downgraded from PC) are clearly above every other game on xbox 360 in technical aspect. Even Gears Of War 3 no longer looks so good if someone will play crysis 2 or 3 first. I think only TLOU on PS3 looks comparable to crysis 2-3 running on xbox.
XBOX 360 framerate can be tweaked easily both in Crysis 2 and Crysis 3. All game assets are included in renamed zip files (.pak). Through xbox360.cfg you can configure the vsync and the framerate limiter. Setting vsync off and 60FPS, framerate is all over the place but there are some rare instances where the game reaches 60 frames per second.

This video has been recorded with the config file limited at 60FPS.

I guess you can also edit those files in Playstation 3, but I havent tried.

Last edited:

Turk1993

It was an over exaggeration, Kingdom Come Deliverance is mindblowing. I mean even Killzone Shadow Fall arguably looks better, at least that game has PBR, Crysis 3 had to fake it I believe.
As someone who has played both, how is Killzone looking better? Its not because it released on last gen that its a last gen game, if you saw there trailer you would know that Crysis 3 on pc is actaully the first next gen game. Even pure from a technical stand point Killzone is not even on the same level as Crysis 3 on pc. The PS4 can't even run Crysis 3 at 1080p 30fps with very high settings.

Romulus

As someone who has played both, how is Killzone looking better? Its not because it released on last gen that its a last gen game, if you saw there trailer you would know that Crysis 3 on pc is actaully the first next gen game. Even pure from a technical stand point Killzone is not even on the same level as Crysis 3 on pc. The PS4 can't even run Crysis 3 at 1080p 30fps with very high settings.

Of course not. Almost no console games run at very high settings though across the board. So right off the bat you putting it in a difficult situation. Also, Crysis is a high end 2013 game. Ps4 was not a high end console in 2013. Especially considering it launched with a tablet CPU. It probably would not run at those specs, but why would it?

Last edited:

Turk1993

Of course not. Almost no console games run at very high settings though across the board. So right off the bat you putting it in a difficult situation. Also, Crysis is a high end 2013 game. Ps4 was not a high end console in 2013. Especially considering it launched with a tablet CPU. It probably would not run at those specs, but why would it?
Yes i know, but my post was a answer to HaveButOneLife HaveButOneLife who said that Killzone arguably looked better. There is a reason why Crysis 3 is demanding, it offers overal a much higher quality graphics than killzone. And Killzone is a beautiful looking game btw, still looks good on that 1.84tf console. Its just not better looking nor technical more impresive.

angelic

Banned
The industry:

Doom (Reboot of an old school shooter series)
Wolfenstein (Reboot of an old school shooter series)
Shadow Warrior (Reboot of an old school shooter)
Ion Fury (old school throwback shooter)
Star Wars Battlefront (reboot of an old school shooter series)
XIII (remake/remaster of an old school shooter)
Prey (reboot of an old school shooter by 3D Realms/game very reminiscent of System Shock, an old school shooter series)

Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 (open world sandbox)
Far Cry series (open world sandbox)
Metro Exodus (open world sandbox)
Rage 2 (open world sandbox)
Borderlands 3 (openworld sandbox, loot)
Homefront 2 (openworld sandbox)
Killzone: SF (openworld sandbox)

Call of Duty series (design philosophy was there since the original from 2003. They perfected it in 2007 and since then ran with it. Its reminiscent of Medal of Honor, another old school shooter series)
Battlefield 1 (not quite an open world, but open design in SP)

A anyone
feel free to add

You couldnt have missed the point any more widely. Doom 2016 is thoroughly modern in it's design. Continuing a franchise doesnt mean they use the same design. Oh man, sorry, your post is as wrong as it is possible to be.

Top Bottom