• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 Update 1.5 | Satisfied?

Are you satisfied with this update?

• Yes

Votes: 223 35.3%
  • No

Votes: 129 20.4%
  • It's a first step

Votes: 279 44.2%

• Total voters

Ridaxan

Put in a couple of hours on the PS5 last night. It's a massive step in the right direction. I really enjoyed my outing with the game on PC previously, but I'm very keen to start diving in to it again on PS5. Pity it's basically releasing in the same week as Forbidden West.

it's because it's actually just straight up ssr. No ray traced reflections for consoles. It looks better because the ssr goes from medium to high in fidelity (still half res). ssr is pretty noisy until you get to the ultra and psycho settings but it's a lot better after a patch a few months back.
Waaaaiiight a second ...in fidelity mode it says "enables ray traced reflections and shadows". Are you talking about performance or did CdProject fuck this up and forget to turn on RT reflections?

Fredrik

I bought my current rig 15 months ago, more or less for this game. I mean, obviously, I planned to play other stuff on it, but I was most amped for Cyberpunk.

Then the game dropped, the reviews were shit, and I never even bought it.

Until yesterday. I figured, from what I've read, most of the people who've played it on PC enjoyed it, and this patch seems to be a really good foot forward for CDPR, so, fuck it. I'll roll the dice.

So far, I'm really glad I did. This game is pretty fucking impressive. Of course, I'm not going out of my way trying to break shit. I'm going slow and easy, trying to learn the game, and play by its rules, rather than expecting it to play by mine. I just finished the first 'braindance' and subsequent mission brief. Really, really cool shit.

So, yeah, I'm early in, just a few hours, but I'm really enjoying it so far. First impressions are very positive. (y)
Keep going, the finale of act 1 is 👌 I wish people would stay long enough to experience that even if they’re negative, I think CDPR absolutely nailed the story-telling there and for a RPG to go that far is crazy.

Bojji

What is the setting that you have to,turn off for that

FLxlgUJX0AA3oEP

FLxnJ_WWYAEWk-c

Waaaaiiight a second ...in fidelity mode it says "enables ray traced reflections and shadows". Are you talking about performance or did CdProject fuck this up and forget to turn on RT reflections?

This only have RT shadows on consoles so this mode is a waste of 30FPS.

Last edited:

TIGERCOOL

yeah on the mode breakdown chart they put out for release it said fidelity mode uses rt shadows and ssr high. ssr wouldn't be running in conjunction with rt reflections. also in my observations ssr is definitely still active in fidelity mode. if it still says that in the menu I suspect it's because they initially intended on having it on but couldn't get it to work at a stable 30fps.

I played it for many hours yesterday on ps5. Lemme break it down for you: performance mode looks a bit crisper than the previous ps5 version did. If I had to guess it's now sticking close to 1440p. The main improvement I noticed was that the NPC count was fixed and possibly some settings were improved too although I wouldn't hang my hat on it. I did experience some dips to fps but nothing serious.
Fidelity rt mode is a real stunner now. But you will not want to use this mode for combat or shootouts, because the 30 fps combined with some added input lag is NOT FUN to play with the mix of fps and hacking mechanics. I hope cd project can do something to tighten up the controls in this mode. Play this mode to walk around the city when you just want to admire how awesome it looks but don't make it your main mode of play.
This. Shootouts are literally not doable in RT mode and im usually not that sensitive to 30fps.

RanoNL

Playing it on my Series X. It looks and plays amazing. Three hours in and encountered only two bugs so far. This is what I was expecting 16 months ago.

Ammogeddon

They STILL didn't fix that bug? It's been there for over a year
Eeeeradicator, brilliant. I remember that sketch, it’s the squash guy right?. Can’t remember what the show was though.

Re. the bug, it was a new one on me. Just glad I got rid of the shitty film grain.

yeah on the mode breakdown chart they put out for release it said fidelity mode uses rt shadows and ssr high. ssr wouldn't be running in conjunction with rt reflections. also in my observations ssr is definitely still active in fidelity mode. if it still says that in the menu I suspect it's because they initially intended on having it on but couldn't get it to work at a stable 30fps.
That would be some bullshit. Another CD project red lie? Saying it's got rt reflections but not having them ...I dunno man

FireFly

i think my expectations for a patch 14 months in the making was reasonable. And this is lackluster to say the least. If they had just made it a stable 60, no bugs and fixed the controls to not feel so heavy and clunky. But they didn't even do that

This feels like a 2 month patch. Not a year in the making patch
Well the last major patch was 6 months ago. Others have said that disabling aim acceleration in the advanced options improves the aiming.

Aenima

The dualsense implementation is very heavy on the triggers. Vehicles have a lot of resistance on both accelerate and brake (R2/L2). I turned it off as its putting too much strain on those poor little resistance motors :(
Same. I even changed the trigger resistance to weak in the controller setting but pressing the gas and breaks while driving is still way too strong and unrealistic.
Haptic feedback also dont feel much diferent than normal rumble in this game.

So finally the free PS5 update option appeared on my PS Store so i decided to give it another try. Well, was not able to import my PS4 save with 90+ gameplay in it, as it says corrupted save file. (Save file works fine if i boot the PS4 version of the game)

But since i already beated the game with a male V now my intention was doing a run with a female V for diferent romance with Judy and a new life path.

Havent seen many bugs, most of bugs involving npcs that annoyed me seem to have been fixed and things are not so distracting now. Game still crashed 1 time during the onrails car chase and shooting. Everething else seem to be working ok so far.

RT mode is a bad joke. Despite stating that it has RT shadows and reflections, only has RT shadows and there seems to have some kinda weird motion blur when u turn the camera around, making the performance mode the only enjoyable option.

The game is now in a decent enough state, that i can recomend it to grab it during a promo, but 1 year after release i was expecting a bit more from the next gen console versions.

Soosa

Banned
I’ve played the PS5 version for several hours now and not only have I enjoyed the game, but I haven’t encountered any bugs or issues at all. The dualsense features are used really well. I have to say that, after the disastrous launch (at least on consoles), this new update has made a massive difference. You can’t go wrong at that price.

It is still full of bugs.

I played maybe 2h yesterday on PS5 and saw bugs literally almost instantly.

bug 1: save game corrupted, had to start ps4 version and save + export again

then there are still hundreds of graphical bugs. Like first people I saw, 2 policemen + 2 people they had stopped = 2 persons were standing on the same spot, inside each other like some god damn mutant and police men were standing on weird places

call motorcycle = they hover 1m from the ground

drive around = car jumps randomly like it hit something, yet it didnt.

rocks hovering on air

tons of small graphical bugs/issues

but it looks much better than ps4 version and I almost finished PS4 version which must have been even buggier, so these are mainly visual bugs.

JonSnowball

i think my expectations for a patch 14 months in the making was reasonable. And this is lackluster to say the least. If they had just made it a stable 60, no bugs and fixed the controls to not feel so heavy and clunky. But they didn't even do that

This feels like a 2 month patch. Not a year in the making patch
14 months in the making, except for all the other updates..

wuMlubM.png

Mozza

I never even considered buying this at launch as I only had an X box Series S, but now the game is pretty much peanuts to buy and I have a Series X, this has to be worth a punt now, I take it the visuals are much better now, or to put it another way, do they take advantage of the Series X and PS5 hardware?.

That sucks...they even make a point in the beginning of the game about non lethal takedown and all the ways you can do it. Are there at least missions or bounties that require you to "deliver" someone alive?
There are some missions that you have to "deliver" dudes alive. But I was mainly talking about the more open world missions. There are PLENTY of non-lethal ways to take people down, but outside of those very specific scripted missions, it's not given much recognition imo. At most youll get a call saying "oh you kept this dude alive? Well ok".

Mato

Why the fuck did they have to reset all the perk points? Am I supposed to remember how I had allocated them? It's been a year since I last played.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Thats why im asking. I dont know how it works and i thought someone could explain.

There's no distinct answer to that. Everybody does as they want. They could have named it patch 5.999999999999 if they wanted.

This. There are no rules just naming conventions that you can decide to follow... or not. For example: [major].[minor].[release].[build]. Current Chrome version for Windows is: 98.0.4758.102.

For all we know the next Cyberpunk version might be 2.0 if the amount of changes, fixes and additions is substantial enough.

Guilty_AI

That sucks...they even make a point in the beginning of the game about non lethal takedown and all the ways you can do it. Are there at least missions or bounties that require you to "deliver" someone alive?
There are the cyberpsychos as mentioned above where you gain more money if you don't kill them (since regina wants them alive in order to test experimental cyberpsychosis treatment methods).
I remember a side quest i found about a saving the brother of monk from maelstrom and he requests that i don't kill anyone. The conversation that follows plays out differently depending on how you go about it.
I also found out if you take down assassination targets non-lethaly, the fixer will ask you to deliver his unconscious body to the trunk of a car outside. I'm not sure if this gives you more money or not. I also remember some missions that ask you not to kill certain targets.

I think non-lethality is there more for roleplay than anything. Non-lethal gameplay is in general much easier than in other similar games that try to turn it into challenge.
I believe it does makes sense for people not care or react much to killing in-game, its a setting where human life is worth less than a sack of potatoes after all.

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

Why the fuck did they have to reset all the perk points? Am I supposed to remember how I had allocated them? It's been a year since I last played.
The perks have changed. Just read them up, it’s not like the game is hard anyway.

RPSleon

This. There are no rules just naming conventions that you can decide to follow... or not. For example: [major].[minor].[release].[build]. Current Chrome version for Windows is: 98.0.4758.102.

For all we know the next Cyberpunk version might be 2.0 if the amount of changes, fixes and additions is substantial enough.
So i guess they basically hit bigger or more defined numbers based on the content of the update? More of like a feel thing?

Like a rework of major things would more than likely just be named 2.0.

Always what i assumed tbh!

SnapShot

I honestly enjoyed the game a lot even on launch, the story and characters alone kept me hooked throughout the whole playthrough, and it's now better than ever with the reworked enemy A.I, more balanced skill trees and less item hoarding, combat is so much more engaging now even if it's piss easy compared to a lot of other shooters out there but that's never been a major focus of the game as far as I'm concerned. Night City is also a Photographer's Paradise, dripping with atmosphere, and the soundtrack is excellent. and it's only gonna keep getting better with more updates and once the expansions start rolling out.

Ozrimandias

I've waited for this too long. After a couple of hours, I can say that now is the time to enjoy this game. Now it's not broken or anything sort of. What CDPR has done with the design and the world is remarkable.

Markio128

It is still full of bugs.

I played maybe 2h yesterday on PS5 and saw bugs literally almost instantly.

bug 1: save game corrupted, had to start ps4 version and save + export again

then there are still hundreds of graphical bugs. Like first people I saw, 2 policemen + 2 people they had stopped = 2 persons were standing on the same spot, inside each other like some god damn mutant and police men were standing on weird places

call motorcycle = they hover 1m from the ground

drive around = car jumps randomly like it hit something, yet it didnt.

rocks hovering on air

tons of small graphical bugs/issues

but it looks much better than ps4 version and I almost finished PS4 version which must have been even buggier, so these are mainly visual bugs.
I still haven’t experienced any bugs of note, which may be lucky, or because of the open nature of the game. I’ve seen one NPC walk through a kerb, but that’s the only thing I’ve noticed, which isn’t really a big deal. I remain satisfied with the update for now, but I understand others experiences could easily be different to my own in such an open game.

SJRB

Gold Member
Thanks you that fixed it. What are those processes? I had like 5 open there.

Nahimic is third party audio software that usually comes pre-installed with MSI laptops or desktops.

I'm not sure why it's crashing 2077 on startup though, I've never seen that before.

A tip: every time you start your pc it will run those Nahimic processes in the background, so you have to kill them every time. At least until CDPR fixes it.

Plantoid

I'm playing through it for the first time and what I can't fathom is how there's no way to reset your attributes

Last edited:

Spaceman292

Banned
I'm playing through it for the first time and what I can't fathom is how there's no way to reset your attributes
You can redistrubute your perks just from the characyer menu, but yeah you can't change your build. Gotta think about those carefully before you commit.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Love what I see so far. I’m very excited for a second play through but I think I’ll wait until we have all the DLC as well.

Also some stuff I really don’t give a crap about. I couldn’t care less about being able to eat food. That is not fun or interesting. Same with customizing my apartment. My goal is to spend as little time in my apartment as possible when playing this game.

Last edited:

Allforce

I bought this on PS4 like last August for 10 bucks at Best Buy, said I'd play it when they did the upgrade. I popped the "Data disc" in my PS5 and got a prompt to download "Free PS5 upgrade". I started that but now I have 2 icons on my home, one with a guy for the PS4 version, and then another with a chick for the PS5 version. Can I just delete the PS4 one now and play off the "Game Disc" I got in the case?

Umbasaborne

Banned
Im on series x, as the poll mentions, its a great first step. It looks sharp and sticks to its 60 fps target 90 percent of the time. I do notice the dynamic res getting pretty low occasionally, but nothing so bad that it ruins the experience, like the 900 p performance mode that used to be there. It looks sharp most of the time. The city is still a fun play ground, and they made some great qol choices here. I was their harshest critic, but i can say that this is a great first step.

Keep going, the finale of act 1 is 👌 I wish people would stay long enough to experience that even if they’re negative, I think CDPR absolutely nailed the story-telling there and for a RPG to go that far is crazy.

I couldn't agree more. This game really goes there, and I love the game for it. It's so very well done. Many haven't gotten past the first act, which is nuts to me.

Loosing my trophy progress has been a huge killjoy honestly.

I was milking my original playthru by completing each zone in the map for the trophy before moving on the narrative. I want to say that was probably a good 60 hours of progress. It feels like it’s been wiped.

I don’t know if I can tolerate starting a new game. I hope there’s a fix for this planned and announced shortly… because honestly I play plenty of other games that solve this issue by double popping the trophies. Why CDPR is having a hard time is beyond me but it’s also kinda unacceptable.

Fredrik

I couldn't agree more. This game really goes there, and I love the game for it. It's so very well done. Many haven't gotten past the first act, which is nuts to me.
Yeah, I’m not even exaggerating when I knew it was my GOTY when finishing act 1, it blew me away. I’m still amazed by the craftmanship in all conversations and cool setpieces. I think people need to step back and realize what genre this is when they’re trying to pick it apart because of some jank, it’s not like some minor or even major jank is uncommon in RPGs.

Top Bottom