• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077's patch 2.1 to be released alongside the Ultimate Edition on December 5th, promises "new and hotly anticipated gameplay elements"

Roni

Gold Member
Cyberpunk 2077 is getting a new major patch, numbered 2.1. The patch drops on the 5th, alongside the recently announced Ultimate Edition. CD Projekt RED is having a stream tomorrow, on the 1st, at 4PM CET to showcase new features and changes.

Source: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...more-about-update-2-1.11125252/#post-13704268

Personally, I'm pleasantly surprised to know they're still trying to introduce new, meaningful gameplay features with each and every patch. But the team has a history of breaking stuff that already works every time they add more to the game. I'd be happier if they put a lid on trying to add more to the game and tackled the smaller, infuriating bugs that cause death by a thousand cuts on anyone playing the game over and over.

List of changes coming to 2.1:

• Metro System - Unlocks once the player receives a call. Player can sit the whole ride or skip/fast travel
  • Radioport - An item the player owns to listen to radio outside of car. Turns off automatically when the quest music kicks in
  • Boss Fight Improvements - Specifically Adam Smasher (looked super cool on the stream)
  • Replayable Races - After you complete the Claire race quests, you will be contacted for 4 more races. Able to win an auto fixer prize
  • 5 New Motorcycles - Appearances from existing brands in game
  • New Porsche - Samurai Johnny Design
  • More Motorcycle Combat - Flips, wheelies, use of throwing knives
  • Car Chases - During quests, after killing gang members they will hunt you down in cars and chase you. -Car Chase Gigs - Gang members will hunt player down during car theft missions
  • New HUD Options - Visual effects, enlarging, disable time in minigame, etc
Upcoming:
  • Hang out with Romance Characters
  • Full Dualsense support on PC

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I wonder if they will rethink there one expansion only thing.

The game has improved substantially, while not to perhaps skyrim levels of NPC interactivity, its up there.

It's the little things like no real transport system, or car showrooms to buy vehicles, little things that create the experience.

However what it does well, it does really well now.

Last edited:

GHG

Mods will get broken again...

dramatic eva longoria GIF

Tangerine

Interesting. I started playing the other day for first time, for an hour, then got distracted by my quest 3 (incredible!)

I guess I'll purposely wait till the 5th to resume.

Roni

Gold Member
I wonder if they will rethink there one expansion only thing.

They certainly have financial and critical reason for that, but I fear the leadership is fearful of being portrayed as reactive or unrealiable by the investors, since they announced and reiterated so many goddamn times the switch to Unreal 5.

The game has improved substantially, while not to perhaps skyrim levels of NPC interactivity, its up there.

It's the little things like no real transport system, or car showrooms to buy vehicles, little things that create the experience.

If they went through the trouble of adding that stuff and keep pumping out DLC, this game might rival GTAV in the long tail.

Last edited:
If they went through the trouble of adding that stuff and keep pumping out DLC, this game might rival GTAV in the long tail.

GTAV is in another league when it comes to how much content they add. They wouldn't be able to keep up.

As for 2.1 update I don't expect it to blow anyone's socks off.

2.0 was kinda overhyped due it sliding in around the DLC update.

Last edited:

Roni

Gold Member
GTAV is in another league when it comes to how much content they add. They wouldn't be able to keep up.
Cyberpunk is not GaaS, so obviously it's not competing with GTAV's audience or anything. But Cyberpunk 2077 is a niche product, in that it is a serious AAA single-player RPG. So it would be sought after for years since very few studios will be crazy enough to pour the resources to compete with it in the coming years. Maybe Microsoft, but they have so many studios now that they honestly are probably going to bet in several AA titles for Game Pass instead of a premium product like Cyberpunk 2077, specially after Starfield's reception.

Godot25

Banned
Hopefully it is the last patch.
Because I'm waiting for my playthrough with copy of the game installed but since I have only time for one playthrough, I want to experience "final" version of the game.

b0uncyfr0

Proper animation system? Thats the one thing it needs.

There's nothing more unnatural about how cars move, or looking at V's shadow.

DonF

I've waited so long for this game and they tell me to wait more.

I installed the game when 2.0 dropped and got stuck on the tutorial, a prompt to block just wouldnt trigger the next part of the tutorial. Great first impression after waiting for so long.

Superkewl

Gold Member
Because I'm waiting for my playthrough with copy of the game installed but since I have only time for one playthrough, I want to experience "final" version of the game.
I still have yet to play it for the same reason. Now thinking about waiting another 6 months just in case they come up with any other surprises.

Last edited:

WitchHunter

Banned
Have you ingested psylocybin or some mind altering substance?

However what it does well, it does really well now.
Just let it go already. PL already had 1 week old socks smell with an idiotic, contrived story where you were literally in a tube and had zero options to do whatever you please. Couldn't have been more linear than this. The only good thing was graphics, which was fucking stellar as always, rest was abysmal. Run around like a mindless idiot with a giant sledgehammer. Jump out of your car while sandyed, shoot people down, then jump back. Throw people 100 meters high and shoot them in the air. What the fuck is this, some kind of Bulletstorm madness? I thought this was placed in the CP world, not in some dreamworld where you could do insane, out of place stunts with bystanders.

And you did not even have the option to bash the repulsive characters face in. Yes, I do what you want from me, I'm your slave. I go there, pew pew, go back to you for some treats. Yumyum, how good. Now give me a new mission. Ok, I go there, put the buttplug on the top of my head, then run around like a chicken. I'll do, of course. Thank you for the 12 eddies.

Last edited:
200.gif

i wonder if this annoucement being released in Dec coinsidental to GTA VI being reveal the same month?

"hotly" kinda come off as something sexual.....more sex scenes?

Last edited:

Winter John

Gold Member
I finished the dlc a week or two back. It was great. I'm glad I waited until now to finally play the game. It was worth it in the end. I'd buy more dlc for sure but I'd rather they moved on.

night13x

Probably at this point "one" of the best games ever made in the past 5 years. Had a rough start but with the new revised dev team that took over, cutting out the fat (crappy xbox and ps4 hardware), great patches, and a goty style expansion...game is sitting good. Everything else they are giving is just old cdpr being old cdpr who loves to give out free content and updates years after the game has launched (see Witcher 3).

Looking forward to W4 and cyberpunk sequel.

side note - people who still grasp as straws bitching about the initial release to this day need to move on in life.

Last edited:

Pimpbaa

Will be able to bone Judy even if you are a male V. Seriously tho, I’m in the middle of playing this. I wish they would tell us so people can know if they should wait for the patch or not.

-Zelda-

Banned
new game plus, rail system, romances we did not previously have options for depending on what we chose to play as. I know that last one won't happen but being rejected by Panam SUCKS. Cram your "real life" BS.

Bkdk

Just focus on releasing a robust mod tools, especially now that they are already moving onto unreal engine, they don't really need to hold anything back and could just release it to the public and let them make mods. Most of the time modders do a similar or even better job on adding those gameplay elements the players ask for.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous

Same. Have waited so long (which is not necessarily a bad thing as there were so many games to play recently) and now everytime I think about playing there is a new patch around the corner (which, again, is not necessarily a bad thing).

STARSBarry

Gold Member
new game plus, rail system, romances we did not previously have options for depending on what we chose to play as. I know that last one won't happen but being rejected by Panam SUCKS. Cram your "real life" BS.

I remember the mod on nexus to let Panam be romanced by women is allowed but the mod to allow men to romance Judy is banned because its an LBTQMAXPLATINUMPLUS hate crime

Last edited:
Top Bottom