• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Daily Beast: "Why do young stars like Selena Gomez work with Woody Allen?"

IrishNinja

Elvis certainly had his influences. How many people do you think Elvis Presley inspired? Would the Beatles even be a band without the King?

EDIT: I would also recommend you actually go and listen to Elvis and actually research what people, black artists and peers included, thought and think about Elvis. The talent and voice is unquestioned.

so your reply to my initial comment is about "influence" now? and i should listen to elvis, as if i hadn't done so prior, or research something - like many of my favorite classic rock bands (zeppelin, doors etc) haven't likewise ripped off black blues artists slightly less shamelessly....man, fuckouttahre with whatever garbage point you're trying to make.

my initial point was about the wide berth white artists are given vs black ones over multiple generations. feel free to take your vague apologist nonsense to someone who's never heard classic music or stumped across wikipedia or something, because you ain't saying nothing here.

Top Bottom