• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Damn this game is beautiful - Is LA doing it in house?

jedimike

Republic Commando is looking gorgeous... like Ninja Gaiden, Riddick, Halo 2 gorgeous. I know Pandemic is doing Battlefront, but who is doing RC? Every reference I have seen points to them doing it in house. Impressive.

1086823133.jpg

1086823138.jpg

1086823124.jpg

1086823126.jpg

1086823129.jpg

cybamerc

Will start substantiating his hate
It's done by an internal LucasArts team. Running on the Unreal engine. Looks absolutely dreadful.

Keio

For a Finer World
Bad art :)

Seriously though, bumpmapped or not, grey walls and rusted metal floors just fail to impress, even when textured w/ high res maps.

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
I played the PC version at the ATI booth at E3. Was smooth as hell. Didn't play the Xbox one though.

Think Ghost Recon meets Star Wars and that's what the game is.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
Saw the demonstration at E3, and I have to say the game is really impressive. It has a very cool squad control scheme, the banter of the squadron is very well done, the animations and situations were all very compelling. I think it's going to be a very good game.

ced

Looked very promising in motion.

Combat might be good as well, it seemed to borrow alot from Halo. Nice powerful feeling melee blows and grenades with weapon equiped.

PC version +1.

My dim recollections of the Xbox version are of a fairly choppy framerate. Boo. I don't care if you can fit 500 more polys onto your damned model, it's not worth the framerate hit!

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Doesn't look that good in shots, but I was quite suprised upon witnessing it in motion...

It actually does look suprisingly decent.

jedimike said:
Art??? WTF are you talking about? It's the same "art" that is in every Star Wars game...

Here are some screens with different environments, I chose those 5 because they are new.

http://screenshots.teamxbox.com/gallery/820/Star-Wars-Republic-Commando/p1

Relax you Xbox goon. The art does not look exactly like every other starwars game and I don't like it so far. Accept the fact that I am not you and I have a different opinion. First off, that wookie looks dumb, all the storm troopers look weird and bulky. The screens I've seen so far just don't do it for me. Does this mean the game will suck? No. It could turn out to be the best Star Wars game ever. So pull the panties out of your ass and relax.

ge-man

It doesn't look too bad, but I'm not completely sold on the models. Something seems off in terms of proportions in some of those screens .

On another note--welcome back DCB, what have been up to all this time?

Will there be room for it?
------------------------------------

Area 51
Battlefield: Modern Combat (oops)
Brothers in Arms
Call of Duty: Finest Hour
Doom 3
Far Cry: Insticts
Ghost Recon 2
Halo 2
Men of Valor
Rainbox Six: Black Arrow
Shellshock
Star Wars: Battlefront
Star Wars: Republic Commando
Unreal Championshiop 2

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
if anything, RC is like star wars meets rainbow six 3. control your squad in the same intuitive way. plus, they're pretty smart, for a bunch of clones.

when will people finally get tired with star wars...it was great like...10 years ago or something...(KOTOR rocks though but it would have done that without the license)...

Malakhov

Banned
jakershaker said:
when will people finally get tired with star wars...it was great like...10 years ago or something...(KOTOR rocks though but it would have done that without the license)...
Most likely never. It has an insane following, just like Star Treck.

jedimike

jakershaker said:

Probably about the same time they get tired of the D&D license, the LotR license, the Disney license, the Pepsi license, etc., etc.

at least the games are getting better i guess :)

just wished the devs would write new scifi stories instead of rehashing old ones..

Top Bottom