• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do graphics sell games anymore?

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Obviously they still push games. They are more than good enough, as it stands. Nintendo‘s next console will continue to prove that.

YeulEmeralda

Linux User
Do you count waifus?

200.gif

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
We used to get a visual banger WITH fantastic gameplay.

Now you may get fantastic visuals but at the cost of performance and barely a game to go with it.

Not anymore. There was a time when graphics alone would get people to go out and buy a game and I think those who grew up in the 90s are still swayed more than the younger generations who have grown up on Minecraft and Roblox. The Dreamcast would be an upgrade to people who just play games like Roblox. Most early 3D games were a massive step down in the gameplay department compared to something like Mario World etc but I would always want the latest 3D games. I remember at the time wanting Croc over DKC3 because it was 3D. 10 year old me would never want to play Hollow Knight over Hellblade 2 but not so much now.

hussar16

Yes bit when devs make games to run on series s which is not strong then visuals are gimped for all consoles series x and ps5 so the graphics now don't look impressive unless it's ps5 exclusive

Top Bottom