• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls Limited Edition Up for Pre-Order

Shizuka

Hmmmmmm...hope this will still be available by next week.

This will probably last a month or two. If NISA decides to keep supplying stock until close to the release like it did with a few past games, we might be able to pre-order it until a month before the release.

Gonna feel the pain of the CAD on this one

But yeah I'm gonna order it

EDIT: Oh wow I have some NISA store coupons left over. Guess I can use em

EDIT 2: And WOW IT CAME TO LIKE $100 CAD fuck my wallet and my deep love for this franchise

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
This will probably last a month or two. If NISA decides to keep supplying stock until close to the release like it did with a few past games, we might be able to pre-order it until a month before the release.

I'd still recommend pre-ordering ASAP. DR2 went super fast, but since it IS a big title for NISA, I'm sure they will be stocking more for this one.

Ventara

EDIT 2: And WOW IT CAME TO LIKE $100 CAD fuck my wallet and my deep love for this franchise

I'm in the same boat. :(

Our only hope is that by the time they charge us for it, the CDN dollar might have bounced back a bit.

Kinsei

Banned

What shipping option did you choose? Even with paid shipping mine was $81.

Flandy

24f6a6532854367e6b823cc0954ac275e53ccbe4991d4c4fc72fcc7d4b220618.jpg

Shizuka

I'd still recommend pre-ordering ASAP. DR2 went super fast, but since it IS a big title for NISA, I'm sure they will be stocking more for this one.

I'll have to wait until next month in any case, this should last at least that long.

AniHawk

Nah, they were cheaper. I think it was $50 and $55 for 1 and 2, though don't quote me on that. It probably the useless tie and junk that's adding to the price a lot, since those seem a little unorthodox. I wish they simply stuck to a soundtrack and artbook.

1 was $50 for a 16 page art book and a soundtrack in a box

2 was $60 for a 32 page art book, soundtrack, monokuma coin, sunglasses, and a sticker in a box

another episode is $65 for a 32 page art book, soundtrack, tie, tie clip, pin, and eyepatch inside a box.

Shizuka

2 was $60 for a 32 page art book, soundtrack, monokuma coin, sunglasses, and a sticker in a box

another episode is $65 for a 32 page art book, soundtrack, tie, tie clip, pin, and eyepatch inside a box.

Don't forget the game.

Is NISA holding up their philosophy of charging painfully high cargo costs for EU? If so, I will pass. Otherwise, who knows.

Christfuck, why is the NISA online store checkout so terrible? It's ridiculous that I have to wait on a slow AJAX call to come back every time I do anything.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well, I got the LEs for the previous games, guess I'll keep the tradition going with this one.

Kind of glad it's only $65 (was fearing it'd be $70, considering DR1 was $50 & then DR2 was $60). Granted, it's not as neat as DR2's LE (dem sunglasses & Monocoin), but this is still cooler than DR1's "meh" LE....though hopefully the OST goes for quality over quantity, considering it's only 15....

Sure hope I can get the funds in time for Sept.

the box for 2 was a whole lot better and bigger than 1's

I imagine AE will be similar to that

Paltheos

If I go with free shipping, is my box going to be torn to shit when it arrives?

Seconding that I've been satisfied with NISA's shipping. It's been a long time since I ordered directly from them (vanilla Disgaea 4 pre-order), but the packing was nice.

I don't remember the shipping type I used though. :(

Ventara

Ah, so 2 was $60, but the point still stands that the price of their LE has gone up, and it can probably do without the little nicknacks.
So was I. I incorrectly assumed that they would show the Canadian price when I entered my address.

:(

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Huh, so when selecting Payment Options, it says "Use Store Credit ($5.00 Available)", but it doesn't seem to be taking it off the total & I don't want to click "Place Order" until I'm sure that the store credit is applied.

AniHawk

Ah, so 2 was $60, but the point still stands that the price of their LE has gone up, and it can probably do without the little nicknacks.

:(

the nicknacks make the limited editions more valuable on the second hand market since a full limited edition becomes harder to find the more things get packed in and inevitably lost or sold piecemeal.

akileese

Is NISA'S website totally jacked for anyone else? I'm trying to place an order while logged in and it's completely freaking out.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Welp, pre-order placed. Can't wait to wear the eyepatch, tie, & pin with my sunglasses as I flip my Monocoin & slap on my Monokuma sticker.

#KurobearSwag

Hmm, gonna pass on this one. I'm a big pretty fan of the series, but I'm kind of a fan in spite of the plot instead of because of it. I think the main plot is kind of silly and I only really enjoy the game for the murder mysteries. The main plot just doesn't do it for me, and since the game is pretty much all world-building without murder mysteries I think I'm gonna pass.

Huh. I feel the exact opposite. This game is exciting to me because it shows they're willing to stretch the universe beyond a somewhat tired Phoenix Wright clone. I don't know if a 3D action game is where it should go, necessarily, but I like the experimentation.

Suffice to say, if Danganronpa 3 involves another shoehorned-in killing game I'll be kind of disappointed.

Hopeford

Huh. I feel the exact opposite. This game is exciting to me because it shows they're willing to stretch the universe beyond a somewhat tired Phoenix Wright clone. I don't know if a 3D action game is where it should go, necessarily, but I like the experimentation.

Suffice to say, if Danganronpa 3 involves another shoehorned-in killing game I'll be kind of disappointed.

Yeah, I understand why you'd feel the opposite, it's pretty much a preference thing. I don't think a Phoenix Wright clone would ever feel tired to me though, because the murder mysteries can stand up on their own to me.

Plus there's the fact that while I enjoy world-building, I'm just not a fan of Dangan Ronpa's world in particular. It's not my kind of cartoonish, if that makes sense.

I don't mind DR3 staying away from a killing game, but if it doesn't have a murder mystery related gameplay I'd probably not buy it.

Ventara

the nicknacks make the limited editions more valuable on the second hand market since a full limited edition becomes harder to find the more things get packed in and inevitably lost or sold piecemeal.

As much of a collector I am, I'd prefer a LE without the the small stuff that could raise the price of the LE at the cost of having a more expensive LE in the future. And you can't count on selling the nicknacks separately to make up the difference. The market for that is extremely small.

Meh, I'll probably pass on this since I ended up regretting spending the extra $20 on the DR2 LE. If I ordered the standard game of their store, would they still ship it early so it arrives of the release date like they did with the LE or do they just do it normally for standard releases?

AniHawk

As much of a collector I am, I'd prefer a LE without the the small stuff that could raise the price of the LE at the cost of having a more expensive LE in the future. And you can't count on selling the nicknacks separately to make up the difference. The market for that is extremely small.

well for me, i like the extra stuff, especially if it's something from the game. i wish we'd gotten the link scarf from hyrule warriors. something like that is neater to me than the ganondorf/skullkid figure... although having those as $10 limited edition bonuses is a pretty good price.

Shizuka

These must make NISA a pretty penny, they're in the way for releasing five Vita limited editions for 2015, more than last year.

Nah, they were cheaper. I think it was $50 and $55 for 1 and 2, though don't quote me on that. It probably the useless tie and junk that's adding to the price a lot, since those seem a little unorthodox. I wish they simply stuck to a soundtrack and artbook.
USELESS!? I ahve to work a tie to work, im fucking rocking this one for sure

Meh, I'll probably pass on this since I ended up regretting spending the extra $20 on the DR2 LE. If I ordered the standard game of their store, would they still ship it early so it arrives of the release date like they did with the LE or do they just do it normally for standard releases?

I imagine they will, just haven't ordered a non limited edition of a NISA game in who knows how long.

I do believe that the standard editions are shipped from a different warehouse than the limited editions so they probably will ship them early but it just depends on where you are and how far you are from their warehouses.

A few months ago I'd barely know what this anime shit was, now after playing through the first two back to back this is a must buy. Is the limited edition available in Australia?

Debating if I want to splurge for this or get the regular version. It's definitely pricier than either DR1 or DR2 LEs but then again, I did get my DR1 LE in the most roundabout way after settling for the regular initially.

Ugh, need to keep an eye out on this and mull it over.

Top Bottom