• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Daniel RPK - Kingdom Hearts 4 Releasing Next Year

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

While there's nothing official just yet, leaker Daniel Richtman (known on Twitter as @DanielRPK) claims that Kingdom Hearts 4 will release in 2025 on his Patreon, stating simply, "I hear the 4th game will release next year." While that's obviously not a ton of information, it's at least something for fans to hold onto in the meantime while we wait for more of an official word.

Astral Dog

images

Last edited:

Larxia

Kingdom Hearts III was such a huge disappointment that my hype for the sequel is extremely limited. Who knows, maybe future trailers will convince me otherwise. As of now, however, my reaction is an emotionless meh.
Disappointment for what reasons? If you're talking about the story, then I'll agree, most of the game felt like a filler and everything happened in the last 3 hours.
However, outside of the story, I thought the game was amazing. The gameplay (in critical mode) is incredible, the worlds are greats, the keyblade transformations are super fun, remind boss fights were maybe even better than in KH2. I really enjoyed my time with KH3.

DarkBatman

SBI’s Employee of the Year
Disappointment for what reasons? If you're talking about the story, then I'll agree, most of the game felt like a filler and everything happened in the last 3 hours.
However, outside of the story, I thought the game was amazing. The gameplay (in critical mode) is incredible, the worlds are greats, the keyblade transformations are super fun, remind boss fights were maybe even better than in KH2. I really enjoyed my time with KH3.
After so many years and spin-offs, I simply expected more. Some worlds felt unspectacular, the plot - after being hellishly complex for years - suddenly seemed shockingly minimalist and lame, and the gameplay was good as usual, but nothing more. Objectively speaking, it certainly wasn't a bad sequel, but for me it was far behind parts I and II in every respect. And in my opinion, that shouldn't happen at the big finale of a saga.

Hudo

I wish every Kingdom Hearts fan a good time with that.

This series somehow always eluded me. And no, it's not necessarily because of Nomura's retarded writing. It just doesn't seem to gel with me. But I can see why a lot of people like the games.

Would certainly make sense from a business standpoint...Square doesn't have any other heavy hitters (maybe Dragon Quest XII?) planned for 2025, the next FFXIV expansion after Dawntrail should land in 2026, and FF7R3 is aiming for 2027.

Elios83

After so many years this series needs to start from scratch with a plot that is understandable even for newcomers otherwise most people will just give up.
Nomura should understand that it's impossible to continue to build on a complete mess of a story that started in 2001 and was fragmented among 10 games (including handheld and mobile spinoffs).

Elbereth

Coupled with the rumored upcoming KH movie, this may be a safe bet.

Also, I liked KH 3 a lot, but KH4 needs more SE characters involved in the story, as well as the inclusion of Star Wars/Marvel Worlds considering that Disney owns both.

If that’s true, I wonder what SE’s bigger release will be around the end of this year, beginning of next (winter). Unless this releases early next year, which I fully doubt.

Quasicat

I hope it comes out to multiple places. I have all of the Kingdom Hearts games on Xbox and really don’t want to rebuy another PS5 after my last one crapped out on me.

killatopak

I wish every Kingdom Hearts fan a good time with that.

This series somehow always eluded me. And no, it's not necessarily because of Nomura's retarded writing. It just doesn't seem to gel with me. But I can see why a lot of people like the games.
A lot of people say they don’t care about the story in their games and just want great gameplay. KH is that type of game. Ignore the story and you’ll still have one hell of an action game.

SkylineRKR

KH3 was ultimately very good and has hands down the best combat in the franchise.

But only after a year of updates as the initial KH3 was kind of eh. I didn't enjoy it that much. When I gave Critical a shot I saw how good its mechanics actually were. Things that were useless before, like the cooking, became sort of essential now. The data battles from the DLC show how good the combat actually is.

The problem is, for a game that skipped an entire generation it was nothing special. Especially not at first. KH3 is already 5 years old by now, and there is no 4 in sight. It will probably not live up either way all over again. Projects like this get announced too soon, a typical Japanese trait, and take too long to come out.

Kenpachii

Kingdom hearts 3 was a let down, bunch of worlds i don't know the story from so no connection towards it.

Will be interesting to see what worlds they going for this time, but i doubt its going to be stuff i know anyway so probably skip.

Go_Ly_Dow

So 3-4 years after the reveal trailer? Sounds believeable to me.

I'm interesting to see what they'll do with this.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I still haven’t beat 3. :/ Think I was at the monsters Inc planet or just beat it? I know I completed repunsel.

Top Bottom