• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: GTA 6 release date is February 2025

Draugoth

Gold Member

Source who got trailer right claims GTA VI releases February 18, 2025​

Tuesday, 18th February 2025, Grand Theft Auto VI will launch globally.

Bloomberg’s Jason Schreier has already suggested the game will release early next year, and now one leaker says January or February, and another February 18.

The leaker Nuro is the one that claims February 18 (a Tuesday) is the exact release date and while he didn’t provide any details about the reveal trailer, he did correctly predict that it would be released in December.

Two new sources claim that GTA 6 will be released in the first three months of next year, with one offering a specific date in February.

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
so_good.png

lem0n

I seem to remember that T2 is expecting record profits in Q1 of 2025 so this lines up with that. I could be misremembering but I'm pretty sure I read this somewhere.

Xtib81

With no delay ? That doesn't sound like rockstar. every single GTA since SA has been delayed at least once.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Was always going to be the 2nd half of 2025. Still is.

Before this game releases I just want them to give us GTA4 remastered, actually it doesn’t even need a remaster just release it with better resolution and 60 FPS, because once GTA6 releases we ain’t getting shit but GTA6 online content from them for years. RDR2 60fps would be nice as well.

Quantum253

It would make sense why you would want to get your upgraded consoles out this year for anticipation to have the "best place to play"

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Knew it was going to be early 2025. It’s why they were comfortable with putting a release at the end of the very first trailer.

Oh and it won’t be delayed.

This is the PS5 PRO system seller

Last edited:

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Perfect, just in time for the surprise release on the Switch 2.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Because Nintendo and Take Two are so close. 😂

It’s highly unlikely. It would harshly break precedent. But anything is possible 🤷‍♂️
I was definitely joking lol

amigastar

I like the sound of that. Hell yeah.
Dude, i can't wait for the first streams popping up with people that got their early copies and Take Two tries to take them down, i always love that.

Last edited:

Dacvak

It would be funny if Nintendo delays their next console again because of this.
It really could work against them, honestly. Every game company is competing for the time and money from customers, and even though Nintendo usually targets a different type of audience (or at least approaches the same audience but in a different way), if the Switch 2 released around the same time as GTA 6 (and possibly the PS5 Pro), that would likely be a huge blow for Nintendo.

Most content, news, and discussion will be on GTA 6 for weeks after it releases. I could legitimately see it siphoning some of the hype and sales away from the Switch 2.

At this point, Nintendo needs to just release the Switch 2 for Holiday 2024. :p

I don't think it's getting delayed. Q1 2025 already sounds like it was the initial delay. I think T2 want to time GTA6's release to the PS5 Pro as close as possible, and if the Pro is actually launching Q4 this year, Q1 2025 for GTA6 would be the best time frame.

GTA is a franchise that can release literally any time and just dominate sales the whole time no matter what, so why wait until holiday 2025? If anything games that actually need that time period should get it, so GTA6 being Jan/Feb '25 is great for the game and best for other 3P pubs, and even 1P like Sony & Nintendo.

amigastar

Idk what games are coming out 2025 but i'm sure there are some nice ones. But GTA 6 will shoot 2025 up in the sky alone.

With no delay ? That doesn't sound like rockstar. every single GTA since SA has been delayed at least once.
Reports came out a while back about how Rockstar wanted to address the "crunch culture" and setting up more realistic time frames for its developers. Which makes me think they won't be as likely to set unrealistic release dates. I wouldn't be surprised if Rockstar thinks they'll be done with GTA 6 by end of 2024 and they will just leave a buffer period for any extra details to refine until it's release. I'm on the no delay team

Right now, the game is surely completed, outside of polishing

Last edited:
Top Bottom