• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls 3 - Cinders Overhaul mod

Dontero

Banned
READ WARNING FIRST
Before you do anything, you must know that playing with game files and being online will lead to soft-ban. Soft-ban means that you will no longer be able to play with non soft-banned people. If you want to mod Dark Souls 3/2/DS1 Remastered you need to play offline (either via Steam offline or choose in game settings to offline).

There is a way though to not get banned. This requires to make separate Steam account, family share your DS game and play modified game on this account which eventually will get soft-banned. Meanwhile your main steam account will not be banned.

So if you have a friend with whom you want to play this mod (or other overhaul mods) you can still do it.

310-1546528102-726872281.png

NEXUS PAGE
COMMUNITY DISCORD

Cinders aims to expand the breath of gameplay by bring the weaker styles, such as magic, archery, etc up to par with traditional melee weapons. In general things have been buffed and heavy investment into a particular style should feel more rewarding than vanilla.

Rings have been altered, changing the weak or useless rings and adding new effects to them. Many of the magic related rings have been made less vital, focusing on auxiliary effects rather than direct damage increases.

Armor has been given many new effects, similar to Dark Souls II, encouraging the use of pieces that fit your playstyle. Heavier armor has had its absorption increased so there is more of a reason to actually wear it.

Magic and the FP system have been changed to allow for pure spellcasters. Focus Points now regenerate whenever a spell tool is held, allowing for spellcasters to use FP just as swordsmen use stamina.

Spells themselves have been altered, making them more potent. Casting times and other attributes have been changed to match spellcasting with the rhythm of Dark Souls 3 combat.

Item placement and drops have been changed extensively. Progression is slightly less linear and useful items have been moved about, changing the flow of the game.

To maintain the difficulty of the game, enemy scaling has been increased in this mod. This means bosses and enemies are hardier and deal more damage. New Game Plus has been ramped up so it is now more of a noticeable increase.

A thorough list of the exact changes that the mod makes can be found under the Articles tab.

Playing it currently with my friend and it is really great overhaul.
What i love about it, is that it completely brought back magic from obscurity.
Second favorite thing about it, is that gave armors needed re-balance and gave pieces unique effects.

So wearing heavy armor is now legit choice.

Other change i like is that due to revised item placement game is much less linear that before which was common complain about DS3.

Last edited:

Orpheum

I wish they would add some sort of "randomizer" mode on consoles with only crucial progression items being in the same spot. I get that the placements are tied to the lore but it would add a lot more replayability to the game. Still it's great that these mods exist.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I recently played Dark Souls 3 and I can't get over how great it was overall. My only disappointment is that I could never find a weapon that I liked better than the broadsword.

Oh fuck SIster Friede and that cheap ass fight.

Top Bottom