• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 2 Remake mod gives the game fixed camera and tank controls

NikuNashi

Good, now make all these first person 'Resident Evil' games into third person please.

Thanks from every true day 1 fan.

DaGwaphics

Seems like this would be very awkward with the game not being developed with the stationary cameras in mind. I do think people forget how well the stationary cameras were used for dramatic effect in the originals, even if they were frustrating at times.

A huge step in the right direction but still leaves the game coming up short compared to the real Resident Evil 2. The remake blows donkey dick. It has so much cut content it's not even funny. Missing entire chunks of the map, missing enemies, missing boss fights, missing the zapping system, missing a fucking cohesive A/B scenario, missing weapons, missing a real soundtrack, has horribly rewritten characters, downgraded art style (show me a single area in the game even with this mod where there isn't a sheen of gray over everything). You get the idea. The only thing this shitty game has going for it is the gore system on zombies which was promptly destroyed for the direct sequel. Fuck this game, and fuck modern day CAPCOM.

xrnzaaas

Props for the amount of work punt into this mod. I'd never play it, though. I never liked tank controls and I'm happy we moved on to other control schemes over the years. Playing Tomb Raider remasters not long ago was a reminder of that.

Top Bottom