• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

Jaeger

I got it today too. But I cheated by
getting cursed, causing one of them to disappear. I actually almost killed both on my first try, but then about 10 times after that I was chopped liver, so went for the blue sword as soon as I could, lol

Similar to you, I was close but kept getting whacked when they were both on their way out. I even had two summons with me at each attempt. It was frustrating. I was being cornered by both, and then ran out the door forcing one to disappear. The one that stayed out happened to be the one to drop the Ring of Blades.

I was so excited.

Honest to god hex sucks ass for PVP. It really sucks ass, nobody gets cuaght in dark fog. Only a complete idiot would, and everyone dodges all my spells. it's impossible to hit anyone. literally impossible. If I go melee they punish me severely.

I'd say keep them at the same level. That's what I did with my hex build, but only if it's strictly a hex build. I mean, if you're gonna be using a melee weapon in conjunction with hexes(aside from like a dagger or something) I'd recommend focusing on faith instead. Mainly for that amazing Great Resonant Soul spell. Also, I find miracles to be a lot more useful than sorceries, especially with Great Lightning Spear, Emit Force/WotG, and Great Heal.

Thanks for the input. I will probably still rely on some melee so hex/miracle sounds like a good plan.

Jaeger

Honest to god hex sucks ass for PVP. It really sucks ass, nobody gets cuaght in dark fog. Only a complete idiot would, and everyone dodges all my spells. it's impossible to hit anyone. literally impossible. If I go melee they punish me severely.

I use Dark Fog all the time, and I get them each time. I usually wait until their health is low. Also, I use Affinity mostly. Excellent tracking power. When I'm really feeling it, I use a combination of Great Resonant Soul, and Resonant Weapon.

I'm a HEX/DEX/STR player, too.

Dark Orb.

Great Resonant Soul.

Affinity.

I kill everything in one hit.

demidar

What's your casting speed? Do you have a fast chime/catalyst? Do you have Clear Bluestone Rings equipped?

Like I said I don't get it.

My go to guide is:

1. Cast Affinity-misses every single time
2. Cast Dark Fog, misses everytime and I get killed
3. Use Dark Fog and then spam GSR-misses everytime
4. Use Dark orb and rush in melee-dark orbh misses and i get stun-locked to death

I've used almost every guide imaginable and I still die way too fast.

njean777

I honestly dont understand how it's possible to win as a Hex mage in pvp. Everyone just wrecks the shit out of me, it's not even fun. I use all tips and I still get wrecked every single time.

Like today none of my spells did any damage whatsoever to this guy. if it hit, it did no damage, and he just one shots me.

it's like this everytime. My spells just do jack shit damage. It baffles me how people are able to win at pvp.

Honest to god, I should get the title: worst Dark Souls 2 PVPer. 12 invasions-0 wins. only 1 invasion did I even hurt the host.

Could be lag, I have terrible lag during pvp and just gave up on it. I do not have the worst connection either 10mbps. Funnily enough when I summon for co-op there is no lag.

Jaeger

I kind of read my enemies, in PVP. I keep a certain distance, without actually appearing to back down when I'm about to cast Dark Fog. And since I wait to use that near the end of the duel, they think I'm casting Dark Orb again.

I only have 4 casting slots, so I run this setup most;

Dark Orb
Dark Fog
Dark Weapon

Bone Staff +10

I replace Fog and Orb with Affinity, sometimes.

i try, but, I just get stun-locked to death. They hit me once, and I'm dead. I give up, honest to god, I do. i can't do it. I suck too much at pvp. There is seriously not a single person as bad as I am at pvp. I mean, I don't get it how they can constantly immune themselves to my attacks. I use my hexes and for some bizarre reason they don't do any damage. But, they all stun-lock me.

The invici-roll thing does explain the teleporting. Unless that's a mage skill.

Well damn, I just took down the G
uardian
D
ragon
in 5 great lightning spears. That felt way too easy, even with my lightning dragon chime +5. Did they nerf this boss in the latest patch?

demidar

i try, but, I just get stun-locked to death. They hit me once, and I'm dead. I give up, honest to god, I do. i can't do it. I suck too much at pvp. There is seriously not a single person as bad as I am at pvp. I mean, I don't get it how they can constantly immune themselves to my attacks. I use my hexes and for some bizarre reason they don't do any damage. But, they all stun-lock me.

I used to think mages were OP in PvP until I learned how to dodge their spells. Now they are free kills.

Im in love with the thorned greatsword :']. Its like the moveset, weight and R2 attacks were made just for me and my character lol

Chuck

Still without luck
Yeah a shame too, I was pretty interested in the King's story, then it seemed to take a turn I missed or something.

So what do I do with these lord souls?

Jaeger

I recommend ditching any spell usage for good old Sword x Shield, until you get comfy with movement and dodging in PvP. Then once you are more comfortable, whip out the Staff/Chime or your desire, and have at it.

And for me, Hex Spells are only secondary tools to my Dark Chaos Blade +5. They only assist me in locking down my opponent.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Damn OT3 so good never thought it would reach this high post count. Also here's a helpful tip for newbies: If you encounter lever at the end of a long hallway pull it! It will make your experience more memorable!

Speaking of hexes, I guess you can grief with Lifedrain Patch. Got summoned into someone's world a few days back, and I decided to roll with that hex. I cast it and the host walks right into it getting himself killed. I knew it could hurt you, but I never would've guessed it could also hurt allies. It's just a big motionless orb of pain.

Just another reason why it's the worst spell in the game. Also, to add insult to injury, it's a real chore to obtain too. Seriously, what were they thinking with this hex? Simply awful.

Kamina

Golden Boy
Damn OT3 so good never thought it would reach this high post count. Also here's a helpful tip for newbies: If you encounter lever at the end of a long hallway pull it! It will make your experience more memorable!
Pull back, pull back, pull back, pull back, pull back, pull back, pull back, don't you dare

I pulled that lever and still have no idea what it actually did.

SharkJAW

Alim, I'd recommend a melee-hex hybrid. I had the best results with the Chime of Want in left hand and MLGS in right. You can take a couple swings at your opponent and if you time it right, you can hit them with a GRS as they're recovering from their roll. Or use the R2 attack to let them think they have an opening then catch them by surprise with a hex. I PvP'd with the Lion Mage Set, Chaos Hood, CBSR+2, Abyss Seal, 3rd Dragon Ring, and SRB+2. If you want to hit someone with a spell/hex, the key is to actually avoid trying to hit them straight away with it. Use it as an accessory to catch them off guard.

SharkJAW

Any tips on how to deal with the dual Pursuers? They're wrecking me.
If you don't mind slightly cheesing it,
getting hit by the blue sword attack makes one of the pursuers leave, but killing the remaining one still yields you the same reward

Zaventem

Ok after playing the game for a while, not better than Dark Souls or Demon's but it''s "soul series good" which is better than 90% of games. I think while giving most percentile changes is a great idea they messed up scaling and resins. Both resins and buffs do the same thing 30%+50 which i'm struggling to see the "balance" side of this change? Wouldn't it make more sense to give the resins a flat number increase for people who stick to the normal path like in the other games. It's clear imbued weapons are at the top this time around that's for sure.

Tevious

Having lots of fun sneak attacking people in PVP. Chameleon is such a fun spell. I leveled my Knight to 10 INT just to be able to use it, after lowering the INT requirement with spices.

So yesterday, I surprised two guys at Belfry Luna. They searched all over for me and couldn't find me. One guy closes the front door after checking to make sure I wasn't out there. Then when they both went back upstairs, I reopened the door again, and went back into hiding. As they come back down, they see the door is opened again and both run out onto that little bridge. So then I run up behind them and backstab one guy, then start swinging away at them both with my Gyrm Greataxe. One guy falls off the ledge and the other dies. I then get messaged on PSN asking me if I am Solid Snake, lol. I told him I could almost see the exclamation marks above their heads.

LiK

Have to admit, trying to Plat this game is making me play so much stuff I wouldn't have bothered with before. it's been fun seeing more of the areas and enemies.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
C'mon when the sun sets in Majula she gets a lot of people trying her rear. She's busy.

Speaking of, the graffiti situation in Majula is really out of control. Last time I was there I saw borderline obscenities scrawled everywhere.

It's a scenic location in a historically significant place and I love to visit, but I just can't bring myself to consider buying a house there while the local authorities allow such things to go unchecked. Even putting aside the possible impact on property values in the long term, how am I supposed to explain why someone saw fit to scrawl "tongue but hole" in the dirt to my kids every time we go ore shopping?

Speaking of, the graffiti situation in Majula is really out of control. Last time I was there I saw borderline obscenities scrawled everywhere.

It's a scenic location in a historically significant place and I love to visit, but I just can't bring myself to consider buying a house there while the local authorities allow such things to go unchecked. Even putting aside the possible impact on property values in the long term, how am I supposed to explain why someone saw fit to scrawl "tongue but hole" in the dirt to my kids every time we go ore shopping?

Seriously I agree it really put me off earlier today. Easy enough to ignore I guess but just wtf already.

Maddrical

Perfect title. I finished it *finally* on the weekend & loved every minute. In my opinion, it wasn't as good as Demon's Souls or Dark Souls, but it was still fantastic. I have no issues with the lack of interconnecting areas and I think the world looks fantastic, my biggest issue was the bosses. They were very average. Nothing as epic as Four Kings, Dragon God or even S&O. Nothing memorial, I've forgotten most of the bosses. The one I thought was most impressive was The Chariot. Too many bosses killed in one attempt too.

I think a lot of people are hating on it because they've become used to the Souls gameplay, therefore it's "easier". I think if people played through Demon's Souls after Dark 1 & 2, they wouldn't have anywhere near as hard of a time as people were when it first came out. We now know to take things slow, to anticipate traps and to keep your shield up. Although I haven't played a caster in Dark Souls 2 they made Demon's much easier for me -- I reached NG+++ before I stopped playing.

Jaeger

I'm going to make a straight STR build, next. Big ass weapons, and pretty no zero magic (sans some Iron Flesh etc).

Top Bottom