• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dave Chappelle attacked on stage during a comedy performance. He's ok, suspect was detained by security

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
RE is crazy, not sure why people are surprised by anything they think over there.

Everything is violence, except actual violence. That's acceptable. This is precisely why they use hyperbole to label anything that hurts someone's feelings. They want to justify sociopathic behavior so they can commit violence on people they don't like with impunity.
QFjoGCF.jpg

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
I think whats great about this whole deal is how transparently it shows the woke ass Era type people for the opportunistic turkeys they are. Chapelle made one joke after the fact, literally one line, and like

All of a sudden it's an organized transphobic hate campaign against the new face of the movement, Nameless Rando with Broken Arm # 34. Like...come on people. People on Era were saying shit like "he shouldn't have been apprehended until he pulled the gun out herp derp!" No, you absolutely vapid jello bowl, that right gets thrown out the window as soon as you break the rules and formalities at a public event. If there's security at whatever place you're about to be a jackass at, expect to be Joe Swanson'd as a direct response to aforementioned jackassery. No agendas needed.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Wow. I'm amazed it happened.

The Will Smith incident was stupidity at its best, but at least that was isolated among millionaire egoists at an awards gala. I didn't think people would be so stupid to do this at normal comedy shows.

Well, here we are. No wonder government makes laws catering to the lowest common denominator idiot.

Ammogeddon

RE is crazy, not sure why people are surprised by anything they think over there.

Everything is violence, except actual violence. That's acceptable. This is precisely why they use hyperbole to label anything that hurts someone's feelings. They want to justify sociopathic behavior so they can commit violence on people they don't like with impunity.
I’m holding out hope Elon Musk will buy Resetera too.

Ballthyrm

They’ve gone into the “committing terrorist acts are a-ok” territory, and the mods are okay with allowing that kind of radicalized rhetoric. Somewhere along the way they let the most unbalanced people take mod positions in their own team.

This has been the common factor for all the worse atrocities mankind has ever commited.
The definition of a red flag if I ever saw one is "If our side does it, it's good. "

As for anything, always judge people by what they do, not what they say.
If only more people would follow this really simple rule.

I'm glad Chappelle is OK he's one of my favorite comedians along with Doug Stanhope.

Resetera continues to be gross people with some of the comments about this attack.
I'll never forget that place or their ilk after that Zoey Quinn and their dogpile was a contributing factor to Alex Holowka killing himself and then they wiped all the threads from the forum.

GymWolf

Gold Member
I like Dave Chappelle and wasn't talking about him in particular.

Just said I think the "He's a comedian so it doesn't count." argument isn't right.
Nah the argument is perfectly okay unless you are a 5 years old child who doesn't understand how comedy or comedians works.

Mentally stable people understand that the comedian is not targeting specifically a single person (at least not the chapelle type of comedy) when it talk shit and that it is just his job.

And if someone is so fragile to get offended by a comedian, than the problem is not the comedian but way deeper...

Last edited:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Nah the arguent is perfectly okay unless you are a 5 years old child who doesn't understand how comedy or comedians works.

Mentally stable people understand that the comedian is not targeting specifically a single person (at least not the chapelle type of comedy) when it talk shit and that it is just his job.

And if someone is so fragile to get offended by a comedian, than the problem is not the comedian but way deeper...

This. The whole popular "Words are violence," thing is a symptom of this sheltered, bored generation of people who are inheriting the earth. Violence is violence. Words, by definition, are not violence. Real, actual, I'm bleeding, I'm gonna die violence. Not this Shakespearian "it creates a people accustomed to hate and segregation and emboldens those who would raise their hands against us!" No. You just can't take a joke.

UnNamed

Banned
So the mods decided to lock the thread because:
This thread has generated a lot of reports and doesn't seem to offer much in way of constructive discussion. It will likely remain locked once we trawl through all the reports.

I would love to see who are these people who spend their life on a forum reporting posts, and and in particular what they feel when they do it, maybe something like "I'm such a fighter".

mr stroke

Full on delusional.

In gonna comment on era Place your bets if I get banned.

They just permabanned me for this comment-

“You're correct. I guess I am saddened by Era condoning violence, it really does shock me that a place like this that can be so accepting of different kinds of people from all walks of life, but then also be so immature, crass & violent.

No one is excusing Dave or Rock's behavior, but accepting violence as a solution, is not ok ever “

Are you fucking kidding me lmao

Fuck that place, they’re delusional

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

“You're correct. I guess I am saddened by Era condoning violence, it really does shock me that a place like this that can be so accepting of different kinds of people from all walks of life, but then also be so immature, crass & violent.

No one is excusing Dave or Rock's behavior, but accepting violence as a solution, is not ok ever “

Just imagine how much better society would be if all those pent up angry losers used those efforts into getting a decent job. Looks like they got the energy to do something. You could spend eons being an angry loser in life, or spend one single evening solidly working on a good resume.

Most will not do the resume.

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell

You honestly were being too diplomatic. Apparently that didn't matter. There is nothing wrong with Dave Chappelle or The Rock's "behavior"

They did nothing wrong. At all.

I've gotten banned there for the most ridiculous things.........and while I am not currently banned, I refuse to post there ever again.
The place had gotten so bad over the years. The many bans have cause it to be a echo chamber because they have gotten rid of anyone who dares to challenge their way of thinking.
And its only going to get worse.

Aesius

Let's be real here: they want the most unhinged members of their sect to go out and commit violent acts. Most of the people calling for violence on Twitter and places like Era never leave their houses and would piss themselves if they got into a real confrontation with someone that might turn violent.

mr stroke

I've gotten banned there for the most ridiculous things.........and while I am not currently banned, I refuse to post there ever again.
The place had gotten so bad over the years. The many bans have cause it to be a echo chamber because they have gotten rid of anyone who dares to challenge their way of thinking.
And its only going to get worse.
It’s gotten to the point of pure lunacy. Do these ERA people tell their children to fight everyone at school that says something they don’t agree with?!?

What… the…fuck

Top Bottom