• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DCS: AH-64D | THE ULTIMATE WEAPON šŸš

Zug

So many freedom per second showcased in this trailer.
I still fondly remember Jane's AH-64D Longbow and it's ridiculously big printed user manual.

I wonder how the DCS sims hold up in VR nowadays ?

Last edited:
Insane looking game. Does it have AI infantry yet? Would be a shame if you couldn't turn people into tiny giblets with the 30mm.

TheMan

Wow a DCS thread on GAF!
Ive invested hundreds of dollars in this damn sim and in the end I still canā€™t use any single plane very well, lol. Just too easy to jump from plane to plane.

anjway I bought the hind and Iā€™ll probably buy this after a release date is announced, as per my usual pattern. I need to buy a new stick though, the old warthog has some stiction. Tried buying a vkb off eBay but It was defective :(

Last edited:

mitchman

Gold Member
I still fondly remember Jane's AH-64D Longbow and it's ridiculously big printed user manual.

Holds up really well. I put my mum in a F/A-18 cockpit in VR. She looked around and complained it was dirty :) Some planes work better than others in VR though. Eg. A10C-II works well as most of the weapons etc. can be accessed completely on the HOTAS (I use the Thrustmaster Warthog setup).
As for this chopper, got my Monstertech fittings for the VIRPIL chopper collective just today, so I'm ready!

Buggy Loop

Is there a campaign of any kind? I really like the look of DCS but it's so fragmented and the price of entry is expensive.

Price of entry is free. Then you wait for sales of an interesting module. Theyā€™re expensive, but this ainā€™t Ace Combat, a single module is a ton of work to learn:master and they are so accurate that nothing, not even MSF2020 even come close.

Droxcy

I only play in VR. Your heart is racing when you're in a dog fight or going in for a run on some ground units only way to fly in this sim. F/A-18C Hornet is my pride and joy mastered it.

Price of entry is free. Then you wait for sales of an interesting module. Theyā€™re expensive, but this ainā€™t Ace Combat, a single module is a ton of work to learn:master and they are so accurate that nothing, not even MSF2020 even come close.

Yeah the F/A 18 module is incredible and there is even a youtuber who is a former navy pilot and he was amazed at the realism.

Buggy Loop

Yeah the F/A 18 module is incredible and there is even a youtuber who is a former navy pilot and he was amazed at the realism.

I know exactly who youā€™re talking about. Lemoyne.

Recent modules have been fire, F/A-18, F-16 Viper, A-10c upgrade, F-14 tomcat.

With the Longbow coming, and euro fighter later..

Sweating James Mcavoy GIF

Top Bottom