• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Planet Zoo coming to PS5, Xbox Series on March 26

Draugoth

Gold Member
Planet-Zoo-Console-Edition_2024_01-30-24_016-1024x576.jpg

Frontier Developments has announced Planet Zoo: Console Edition for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series. It will launch on March 26 for $49.99 / £39.99 / €49.99. Pre-order include three exclusive animals: the Pygmy Hippopotamus, Komodo Dragon, and Thomson’s Gazelle.

Planet Zoo first launched for PC via Steam on November 5, 2019.

Here is an overview of the Console Edition, via Frontier Developments:

Planet Zoo: Console Edition brings Frontier’s BAFTA-nominated creative management simulation to console, complete with over 4 years’ worth of features, content, and animals from the celebrated PC video game’s free updates.
Featuring an incredible array of animals who think, feel, and explore the habitats you create around them, Planet Zoo allows players to nurture and learn about an array of species as they construct, customize, and manage the world’s wildest zoos using intuitive console controls.
Budding zookeepers can test their skills across four engaging game modes: Career, Franchise, Challenge, and Sandbox. Deep management allows players to focus on the bigger picture, or control the smallest details to ensure animals, staff, and guests can thrive, in a world where animal welfare and conservation comes first.

With piece-by-piece construction, unique themes, and hundreds of building components, creating stunning zoos from the comfort of a sofa has never been easier. Players can also join a connected community with console cross-platform sharing via Frontier Workshop, with habitats, scenery, and even whole zoos available to download and share.
For players looking to expand their zoos with even more animals, scenery and gameplay scenarios, a Deluxe Edition is available to pre-order for an SRP of $59.99 / £49.99 / €59.99, including 16 additional animals and two additional scenarios, which transport players to both the heart of the tropical rainforests of Southeast Asia and rich, vibrant wetlands. The Ultimate Edition includes all Deluxe Content, plus a Season Pass granting access to 14 future console downloadable content packs for an SRP of $119.99 / £99.99 / €119.99.

Last edited:

Skifi28

If this "complete edition" actually includes all content it might be the version to get. It's an absolute mess on PC, there's more DLC than there are pokemon.

Mowcno

Great news. I'm glad these kinds of games have finally started getting console releases over the last few years.

Where are my OG Zoo Tycoon players at? This game is literally the Zoo Tycoon 3 we all wanted for many years. I bought every DLC on PC even though I don't play it much. My most time spent was starting to recreate the Maryland Zoo in Baltimore. I finished the complete penguin enclosure which took forever and almost finished the Flamingos but haven't gone back in a while. May buy this for PS5 as well.

DAHGAMING

Gold Member
Been waiting for this, my wife loves zoos and animals, shes not the sort to play at the pc so been hopeing it would come to consoles for yrs, nice game to relax and play with her.

Dr_Ifto

Planet coaster was a PS+ game, wonder if this will be too. I enjoyed the coaster one and when I found I could alter the minute details of the smaller rides, I could generate endless money. The longer the line, the more money you collected.

Bridges

I was just thinking about how badly Microsoft screwed up by trying to revive Zoo Tycoon with completely different gameplay. This looks great, might scratch that itch

Top Bottom