• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Island 2: The First 11 Minutes

Spyxos

Gold Member

Check out the first 11 minutes of Dead Island 2 where we get to see the opening moments of Dead Island 2 gameplay and our first taste of zombie slaying. Watch this full Dead Island 2 intro where you meet a group of Dead Island 2 characters, get a feel for the DI2 story, and get a look at some Dead Island 2 zombies.

Dead Island 2 is coming to PS5, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, Xbox One, and PC on April 21, 2023.

Last edited:

Kurotri

The opening atleast seems pretty by the numbers, doesn't necessarily mean bad though. The only thing I find concerning is how slow the combat looks, though that may also be because it's only the start of the game I guess.

Valt7786

I think it looks pretty fun from what they've shown so far. But I'm fully expecting them to have completely played it safe and it really will just play like Dead Island 1 with a couple tweaks in combat, especially with how...turbulent the development has been.

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
I can see this going on game-pass expeditiously

Shocked Ti GIF by VH1

You think

acm2000

From what I've seen on YouTube they basically copied all the stuff techland added to dying light, well done guys.

Bartski

Gold Member
Would you look at this, where did the hud go??? Almost as if the devs knew how much it ruins the presentation and made the call not to show it in pre-release promos.

I have no doubt you can disable it, but the game might not be designed to be played without it.

fatmarco

The weird thing is how the game isnt open world but level based. I feel that's going to be a surprise to people.

I hope this turns out good but I'm not hopeful. I loved Dead Island 1, Riptide and Dying Light 1 so fingers crossed.

Bragr

Banned
Why has the hype vanished from this game? it comes out in a week, and it had more hype when it was announced.

GymWolf

gfx, resolution and fps looks great in performance mode. Makes you wonder why they showed the game at 30 fps everytime
The marketing is usually done on fidelity mode to attract casuals who gives 2 shits about framerates.

Last edited:

nkarafo

some more footage from the final game (probably without day one patch, if there is gonna be one)

UI looks cluttered. Not a fan of all those indicators above zombies. Hope you can disable most of them but i remember not being able to disable the annoying (and useless) level bar in Dying Light.

The gore effects look nice though.

Last edited:

Salz01

UI looks cluttered. Not a fan of all those indicators above zombies. Hope you can disable most of them but i remember not being able to disable the annoying (and useless) level bar in Dying Light.

The gore effects look nice though.
I think I read somewhere, that the HUD can be turned off. I look for that stuff too, turning off the hud right away.

MiguelItUp

Honestly, I think they're doing the right thing for the sequel considering its development hell. Sure, it doesn't look like anything revolutionary, but it does look like a fun, dumb, zombie killing romp. Which also isn't a bad thing.

Spyxos

Gold Member
Why has the hype vanished from this game? it comes out in a week, and it had more hype when it was announced.
I think people were expecting open world. But since we know that this game is linear. Interest is low. At least that's how I felt.

Top Bottom