• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death Stranding Launch Trailer live stream

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I hoped as it gets close to release date I would get over celebrities faces in characters and just enjoy the weird story but I just can't, I hate it, I hated so much! I guess I'm type of person who gets more attached to original characters in video games.

GymWolf

Very spoilery, but still, what an incredible trailer
If only Kojima had shown this last summer instead of hours of nothing and Sam peeing...
I still dream to be able to play as either Cliff or Higgs, awesome characters

And the voice acting in my language really is outstanding, but given Sony is publishing the game, I never thought otherwise, """ exclusives """ all have high level dub
You are italian, aren't you??

prag16

Banned
I hoped as it gets close to release date I would get over celebrities faces in characters and just enjoy the weird story but I just can't, I hate it, I hated so much! I guess I'm type of person who gets more attached to original characters in video games.
wat

I mean, they're still original characters. Like, Miranda in Mass Effect wasn't "not an original character" because she had (a somewhat butchered version of) Yvonne Strahovski's face.

Do CGI movies with characters modeled to look like celebrities bother you too? Or hell what about live action movies? "OMG I was hoping to get over the fact that Ethan Hunt has Tom Cruise's face, but I just couldn't, it totally took me out of the story"...

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
wat

I mean, they're still original characters. Like, Miranda in Mass Effect wasn't "not an original character" because she had (a somewhat butchered version of) Yvonne Strahovski's face.

Do CGI movies with characters modeled to look like celebrities bother you too? Or hell what about live action movies? "OMG I was hoping to get over the fact that Ethan Hunt has Tom Cruise's face, but I just couldn't, it totally took me out of the story"...
In Video games I want original designed characters, celebrities face in video game character completely takes me out of the experience. It just my personal issue, it doesn't mean the gonna be bad or anything.

There are people out there wont like the game because artstlye, it same way for me here. In video games I get more attached original designed characters over putting celebrities faces on them.

kP6FRQ.gif

MsvJzd.gif

cKWwOE.gif

1Zfpx2.gif

6yRPpM.gif

3rXEXn.gif

ScNhmT.gif

DkN3G9.gif

WXaUya.gif

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
So are these major spoilers or just one big part of the show? I haven't seen the man in the camo since the very first reveal of the game. I'd imagine there's more to this story than this trailer is giving away.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Kojima games have the best cutscenes in gaming, your eyes feel good but I need to see some shooting.

Javthusiast

Banned
Nobody cuts trailers like he. They were the highlight of mgsv, I hope it won't be the same with Death Stranding but just a bonus on top of a great story game.

DonF

Simply glorious...I still don't know what the game is about, wether is going to bomb or be the next big hit...but I'm sure as hell I'll play it day one

Hudo

You can say what you want about Kojima but the dude knows how to make trailers. I'm pretty hyped up myself, even if I have to wait longer for the PC version.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Holy shit this is amazing. Each trailer is mesmerizing. This one too... I am all in.
Kojima trailers are a MUST watch and they set the tone and mood so well before release

Last edited:

Orta

Banned
It looks absolutely stunning but what you get in a Kojima trailer and actual game is another matter.

Great trailer, looks epic, cannot wait to play it.

Incredible graphics, fantastic cast, very intriguing, original Sci-Fi story, open world survival / stealth / combat gameplay, I think Death Stranding is going to awesome.

In Video games I want original designed characters, celebrities face in video game character completely takes me out of the experience. It just my personal issue, it doesn't mean the gonna be bad or anything.

There are people out there wont like the game because artstlye, it same way for me here. In video games I get more attached original designed characters over putting celebrities faces on them.

Especially when Yoji is such a good character creator. This game is just too peppered with celebs, its off-putting for me, dare I say a lazy way out for designers and great marketing tool.

Having a came sure....but the whole game is full of celebs. Like a best off title. I like Conan O'Brian but honestly who gives a shit about him in the game...or Geoff. Give me original design.

TheBoss1

On a scale of 1 to super fucking spoilery, how much of the trailer is spoiled? Missing a Kojima edited trailer is way more difficult to do than I thought T_T

Barakov

Really liked what I saw here. The trailer is definitely pretty spoiler but for me it just got me even more hyped. Still very much a day 1 for me. The mystery for me now is how weird it's going to get.

MiguelItUp

I wouldn't go as far as to say it contains spoilers, I mean, it IS a trailer so you should expect to see some meaty parts of the game. Especially in a launch trailer.

But until we actually play the game, who knows how "spoilery" it all really is. I mean for all we know this could all be from early on in the game.

If you want to be surprised, don't watch trailers. If you don't care about being surprised, watch the trailers. 🤷‍♂️

On a scale of 1 to super fucking spoilery, how much of the trailer is spoiled? Missing a Kojima edited trailer is way more difficult to do than I thought T_T
I would recommend skipping 4:27 to 4:29 (this looks very endgame to me personally) and to stop watching at 6:20 if you're looking to avoid major spoilers. If anything, I think the trailer is worth watching for the build up to the character cast montage at 4:30. I especially love the emotional shots of Mads Mikkelsen and Tommy Earl Jenkins. The music works very well for this launch trailer.

Last edited:
Great graphics.intriguing story, but gameplay wise. What is everyone excited about? All gameplay I've seen, dude is just running around.

Last edited:
Great graphics.intriguing story, but gameplay wise. What is everyone excited about? All gameplay I've seen, dude is just running around.
You can also shoot enemies but the gameplay was never something I was personally excited about. It was always the story and some of its surreal imagery, both of which are creatively inspiring, a perfect fit for PlayStation.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Oh shit is the president a woman in this? Cue the triggered masses in 3...2...1...
CzcJdEyXAAAKnXG.jpg

ZpHqwCO.jpg

Are you new to gaming incel?

bonus totally not Mrs. Clinton b4 committing suicide after being a traitor in a 2010 game.
rxVkBcK.png

Last edited by a moderator:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Everyone is talking about spoilers but I think kojima trailers are great tone and characters introsuction. Its a crime not to watch them!
Half of the stuff from amazing mgs5 trailers was not even in the game

Last edited:

Atrus

Gold Member
Internet: Beware spoilers!

Me: Uh... what did I just watch?

The trailer is long enough and has many cut aways that its hard for the mind to focus on any one and sequence a story from it.

All I conclude from it is that the music reminds me of the movie Interstellar, the graphics are amazing, and I'm so confused by both the plot and gameplay that I have to buy this game and find out what the heck is going on.

TheBoss1

Internet: Beware spoilers!

Me: Uh... what did I just watch?

The trailer is long enough and has many cut aways that its hard for the mind to focus on any one and sequence a story from it.

All I conclude from it is that the music reminds me of the movie Interstellar, the graphics are amazing, and I'm so confused by both the plot and gameplay that I have to buy this game and find out what the heck is going on.
Interstellar is one of my favorite films!

Top Bottom