• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deathloop - Official "Protect the Loop" Trailer

Notabueno

Banned
Great Art Direction and immersion which has become rare in VGs, super concepts and playability, but then the inevitable redundancy of rogue-lites.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Sony and Deathloop trailers:

Derek Chauvin Verdict GIF by GIPHY News

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Game is fantastic, just started it the other day and I'm so happy Arkane reached this level of quality. All those previous games really paid off in the end! Perfectly crafted, from the art direction down to the gameplay.

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I finished this game and it was a solid 7.5/10

What I liked:
1. The banter between Colt and Julianna was hilarious
2. Excellent story and progression.
3. Solid level design, but not Arkane's best by any means.
4. Fairly challenging at times. If you died, you had to restart the entire day. No checkpoints or autosaves.
5. Not a whole lot of handholding.

What I didn't like:
As fun as the game was, it was one of the most frustrating and infuriating experiences I have been in a long time. The game needs many quality of life fixes that shouldn't alter the experience, but remove some of the tediousness.
1. Stealth was at times broken. Enemies could see you from a mile away and they would all converge upon your location no matter how far away you were from the action. This created major Havok at times.
2. The die and restart the loop thing made for a challenge, but it started to get old when the above issues reared their ugly head.
3. Julianna invasions got REALLY aggravating at times. That was a huge part of the game, but I found it created far more frustration than fun, especially towards the end.
4. You are stuck with the loadout you choose at the beginning of the map and can't change it. This was downright infuriating when you accidentally started a level with the wrong loadout. It meant you either had to complete the level with the given loadout or quit the level and progress into another day with the preferred loadout.
5. Enemies would just swarm you if you were spotted and it was insane how many kept appearing.

Some major quality of life fixes I'd like to see in future updates.
1. The ability to switch weapons/powers after you start the level. Have it in the tunnel. maybe even make it a one time thing so you don't have to repeat the loop when you are trying to do a perfect run. Or give players the option to restart the map so they can pick a new loadout. You could exit the game and it would restart the map, but you were still stuck with the same loadout. No reason that can't be fixed.
2. Have the option to turn off Julianna invasions after you complete the main game once. Caused wayy too much frustration when she would appear when you were trying to stealth your way through an area and do some trophy cleanups. On Fia's reactor level this was a whole new level of frustration.

Those two things would alter the experience.

Stuff I'd like to see in a sequel.
1. Have more ways to end the game instead of doing the perfect day. The game had one way to get to the ending. It would be nice to have a game where there were multiple ways to get to the ending.

Top Bottom