• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DEBATE: Do you think Resident Evil is almost dead, sans the upcoming remake?

6 was too over the top action. 5 had it right for co-op. 4 had it right for single player. 7 is cool, but lacks the replay ability I get from the others, particularly 4 and 5.

Would really like it if they just copied 4 or 5 again.

Revelations 1 and 2 always feel like low budget know offs of 4 or 5, but are enjoyable for what they are.

Isa

I really enjoy the franchise, barring some older spin-offs, and the original trilogy are my faves for sure. 4 began the next phase of including weird types of "zombies" which kind of lost my interest, and 5 in Africa just didn't fit the mood I wanted. I love Sheva though and the co-op was alright. I actually like 6, some parts of it anyway, particularly the vibe at the beginning. 7 felt like capitulation imho with the success of Outlast and such. I enjoyed the older survival elements, but I didn't like the Texas Chainsaw-esq stuff and don't like FPS titles. Wasn't a bad game, in fact I'd say they all have their merits but it is my least favorite by far. RE2 remake looks good so far, though I'm not a fan of Claire's new rags. Honestly I got more of my Re fix from Evil Within 1&2 and the Revelations games lately.

As I used to be a huge fan of RE, now im back as a fan thanks to RE2 Remake, I will say RE7 was fun, but it wasnt fun enough for me to finish it for some strange reason. I've always thought the originals were the best (RE2 being among one of my fav games of all time), but RE4 was amazing for what it did in the action genre. RE4 at least felt like there was a lot of suspense than scary which is still cool as a survivor horror on your first playthrough. 5 and 6.... yeah those were gun Action games that sadly had the Resident Evil branding on them.

With that said... I think Resident Evil WAS also dead, until Resident Evil 7 came out. I do want to finish RE7 but man, it kills me to see what they've done to Chris.

I really enjoy the franchise, barring some older spin-offs, and the original trilogy are my faves for sure. 4 began the next phase of including weird types of "zombies" which kind of lost my interest, and 5 in Africa just didn't fit the mood I wanted. I love Sheva though and the co-op was alright. I actually like 6, some parts of it anyway, particularly the vibe at the beginning. 7 felt like capitulation imho with the success of Outlast and such. I enjoyed the older survival elements, but I didn't like the Texas Chainsaw-esq stuff and don't like FPS titles. Wasn't a bad game, in fact I'd say they all have their merits but it is my least favorite by far. RE2 remake looks good so far, though I'm not a fan of Claire's new rags. Honestly I got more of my Re fix from Evil Within 1&2 and the Revelations games lately.

I got much more RE Fix with Dead Space 1 and 2. To me, those games is what RE4-6 should have been.

Isa, I agree with you. I wish more fans saw it from our point of view when we say the Revelations games are great. In my opinion, the best games in a franchise are always so underrated.

I honestly really enjoy Revelations 2, although I lost a bit of respect for it after I played The Last of Us and realized what Capcom ripped off. I'm not a fan of first person shooter games, but I always knew that one day we would get at least one as a main entry, as again, Capcom likes to incorporate different sub-genres into the series and Silent Hill already did it with 4: The Room, and then the ill-fated Silent Hills. So I knew it was only a matter of time before Capcom had a crack at it too.

I've completed both The Evil Within games and I can see why that Nemessis - guy on YouTube misses having Shinji Mikami working with Capcom. He is really passionate about creating horror games. I'm not saying Capcom aren't bothered about how their games turn out, but you can tell they like milking things into oblivion. And hopefully the remake will lead to great sequels again, that are like the remake and not on par with 4, 5 and 6.

EDMIX

Still waiting for the next re4-like re. Maybe re2?

I don't think so.

RE2 is very much a RE game, ie not a action gears of war type game.

I think after RE6, Capcom is done doing that as I don't think they can even afford to keep doing stuff like that ie COD, Gears Of War type AAA action stuff.

EDMIX

FYI: res 2 remake is res 4 style

Huh? No, no its not. Not even remotely.

RE2 has the following

ZOMBIES
YOU FIND weapons and ammo, it is not bought, limited health etc

That is the old school RE concept, RE4 not only does away with that, it moves towards action instead of survival horror.

RE2 is not that.

EDMIX

Isa, I agree with you. I wish more fans saw it from our point of view when we say the Revelations games are great. In my opinion, the best games in a franchise are always so underrated.

I honestly really enjoy Revelations 2, although I lost a bit of respect for it after I played The Last of Us and realized what Capcom ripped off. I'm not a fan of first person shooter games, but I always knew that one day we would get at least one as a main entry, as again, Capcom likes to incorporate different sub-genres into the series and Silent Hill already did it with 4: The Room, and then the ill-fated Silent Hills. So I knew it was only a matter of time before Capcom had a crack at it too.

I've completed both The Evil Within games and I can see why that Nemessis - guy on YouTube misses having Shinji Mikami working with Capcom. He is really passionate about creating horror games. I'm not saying Capcom aren't bothered about how their games turn out, but you can tell they like milking things into oblivion. And hopefully the remake will lead to great sequels again, that are like the remake and not on par with 4, 5 and 6.

Well RE2 remake and RE7 very much show Capcom can still do survival horror in terms of the old school concept. Consider Shinji Mikami by himself didn't make the whole series you know.

I like Revelations 1 and 2, but they are missing a lot of those concepts compared to RE2 remake and RE7 even. Great games, but on the lower end of the RE games imho.

I put them above RE 5 and 6 though.

I never played Revelations 1 and 2 (shame on me). Sadly I lost interest after the abysmal 5 and 6. I should go back and give it a shot though. Re1-Code Veronica were amazing for its time. I loved RE4, but I did always wish it was scarier and felt more horror. But compared to 5 and 6, at least RE4 had great atmosphere and, at least on emy first playthrough, I always felt scared for when I didn't know how to handle a crowd, especially a chainsaw guy running behind me knowing it's a one hit kill.

Anyone got scared shooting at the fishes before the lake boss? I did't know about it and i went in shooting at the fishes unaware of it lol.

Last edited:

EDMIX

"almost dead"

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/resident-evil-7-has-sold-more-than-5-million-copie/1100-6458052/
https://www.pcgamesn.com/resident-evil-7/resident-evil-7-sales-4-million

5 million units sold doesn't sound like "almost dead" to me so....

Consider the budget of that game isn't what RE 5 and 6 was ie almost bankrupting the company.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/17/capcom-now-open-to-buyout

So please stop equating you not liking a game with this whole "almost dead" as those sales say otherwise. I don't get this obsession with the story over actual gameplay when the story is so bad, even us old school RE fans don't care. I like Revelations 1 and 2 based on what I played, NOT based on any story, it was bad as the others with a joke story, joke plot etc Trust me, many are not really buying this series to put some story together, someone already said it on here too. I mean...again, I love the series, its story is trash, its a joke, its really not to be taken THAT seriously as I've never played any RE for its "story" when we have folks punching boulders in a volcano or characters that literally forgot they've seen zombies before and just spend a whole game never telling you that.

EDMIX

I never played Revelations 1 and 2 (shame on me). Sadly I lost interest after the abysmal 5 and 6. I should go back and give it a shot though. Re1-Code Veronica were amazing for its time. I loved RE4, but I did always wish it was scarier and felt more horror. But compared to 5 and 6, at least RE4 had great atmosphere and, at least on emy first playthrough, I always felt scared for when I didn't know how to handle a crowd, especially a chainsaw guy running behind me knowing it's a one hit kill.

Any got scared shooting at the fishes before the lake boss? I did't know about it and i went in shooting at the fishes unaware of it lol.

Oh play Revelations 1 and 2, both amazing RE games, they are not as good as RE1-CV, but still better imho then RE5-6 which I don't really even count as real main RE games as much as Action spin offs.

Oh play Revelations 1 and 2, both amazing RE games, they are not as good as RE1-CV, but still better imho then RE5-6 which I don't really even count as real main RE games as much as Action spin offs.

Cool, will do. I'll figure out which platform I'll want to try them on.
Mannnn, I remember I was so into the early games, I remembered I connected every small piece of info of the lore inbetween games and make predictions of what would happen in the future games... dammit Capcom. You guys should bring back Hunk in a sequel! Those Epilogue screens from RE3 were great too. Ahhh, the good ol days.... Glad I'm going to relive them in a whole new reimagination and reinterpretation of RE2. RE2 till this day is still among my top 10 games of all time.

No i dont think so . I actually thoroughly enjoyed Re7 despite initially not understanding the switch to a first person perspective . Thought it worked extremely well and i like what seems to be a re-focusing of the story which i think is a bit convoluted at this point . Step in the right direction for the franchise in my opinion .

EDMIX, do you use silenthillforum.com, because somebody replied on there, also questioning why I 'take the story seriously' just because I care for it?

TannerDemoz

Huh? No, no its not. Not even remotely.

RE2 has the following

ZOMBIES
YOU FIND weapons and ammo, it is not bought, limited health etc

That is the old school RE concept, RE4 not only does away with that, it moves towards action instead of survival horror.

RE2 is not that.

I’m talking controls/camera

Last edited:
First of all, nobody plays a game just because it's something to pass the time. Well, okay. Perhaps some people do. Dedicated fans have to appreciate other aspects of it and one thing that gets fans coming back is a good story, and characters they care about. So if the story isn't important, what about all the Tekken fans? Tomb Raider fans? Final Fantasy fans? Other horror game fans? The story is absolutely important to the truest of their fans.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
The series is no where close to dead. If anything, the series is more alive now than it has been in a long while. Between the remasters/rereleases on current gen systems, strong remakes, sequels, and spinoffs, as well as continued presence in other media such as film, book, manga, and elsewhere - I just can't see this idea that it is almost dead.

I don't mean it is dead in terms of the releases. I meant that the story is so inconsistent and I kind of think that's important. Gameplay is too, I know.

EDMIX

The series is no where close to dead. If anything, the series is more alive now than it has been in a long while. Between the remasters/rereleases on current gen systems, strong remakes, sequels, and spinoffs, as well as continued presence in other media such as film, book, manga, and elsewhere - I just can't see this idea that it is almost dead.

Agreed.

EDMIX

I don't mean it is dead in terms of the releases. I meant that the story is so inconsistent and I kind of think that's important. Gameplay is too, I know.

" I meant that the story is so inconsistent "

Ok....thats just you think, most are likely not playing this series for some marvelous story, even the most die hard RE fans know the story is extremely bad and not really to be taken seriously.

" I kind of think that's important." Ok....again, thats just you. Most of us play games to play games, not listen to a story. Story has never even been the RE series strong suit. Unless you going to tell me Rebecca basically forgetting the existence of RE Zero in RE 2002 makes complete sense to you and makes the game over its game play... A series where someone is fighting and punching boulders in a volcano...does that sound like a story that remotely makes sense to you? So I don't know about you, but I don't play RE based on its main characters or Umbrella, those are PART of the game, they are not the entire soul purpose of the existence of the series as you are exaggerating to a massive degree the actual story. If that was the case, you should hate RE2, I mean its not only in a mansion like 1, you should also hate RE2 for it being with Leon, a character you never heard of before 1 or Clair, or Carlos from RE3 or Steve Burnside from CV.

Doesn't need those characters to be RE, doesn't need to be about Umbrella (which 7 actual is) to be RE. By that logic, you should be mad at MOST RE games right after 1. Those are imho not features SOOOOOO important they supersede the actual gameplay itself. We are after are PLAYING the game first and foremost.

At least the original up to CVX and/or 0 were actually horror games that did have a great story and were eerie. 4, 5 and 6 only had some cheap scares and a ton of action. They're not really horror games. Most of the story in 6 was a bad repeat of 2. That's why Capcom did it. They thought that by having a city infested with zombies again, it would get people interested. Yet it was, after all, still a RE4 type game at heart. Hereby, it failed miserably.

And characters are important to any major series, but I also appreciate that games like 7 tried to give us a complete nobody so it felt like a fish out of water scenario again. Part of the reason the games stopped being "scary" to many people, is because they all mostly recycled characters we had in most other games. It ended up feeling like just another day at the office for Leon, Barry, Chris and all that. So some new blood was a good idea.

You say the story doesn't matter because it doesn't add up. If that's the case, you should blame Capcom. Having a great story to a saga like this that has gone on for years, is important. It's called a legacy. There are various reasons why this is one of Capcom's biggest ever franchises. I'm sure a big part of that reason is due to having characters we are so fond of. That's why having a matching story is important. Every other fan would agree here.

" I meant that the story is so inconsistent "

Ok....thats just you think, most are likely not playing this series for some marvelous story, even the most die hard RE fans know the story is extremely bad and not really to be taken seriously.

" I kind of think that's important." Ok....again, thats just you. Most of us play games to play games, not listen to a story. Story has never even been the RE series strong suit. Unless you going to tell me Rebecca basically forgetting the existence of RE Zero in RE 2002 makes complete sense to you and makes the game over its game play... A series where someone is fighting and punching boulders in a volcano...does that sound like a story that remotely makes sense to you? So I don't know about you, but I don't play RE based on its main characters or Umbrella, those are PART of the game, they are not the entire soul purpose of the existence of the series as you are exaggerating to a massive degree the actual story. If that was the case, you should hate RE2, I mean its not only in a mansion like 1, you should also hate RE2 for it being with Leon, a character you never heard of before 1 or Clair, or Carlos from RE3 or Steve Burnside from CV.

Doesn't need those characters to be RE, doesn't need to be about Umbrella (which 7 actual is) to be RE. By that logic, you should be mad at MOST RE games right after 1. Those are imho not features SOOOOOO important they supersede the actual gameplay itself. We are after are PLAYING the game first and foremost.

I used to play this game for the story... among everything else. The way each game connected with each other, even with all the notes you find scattered in the game and see how it all connects was fun. 4-6 basically took that away. But then again, admittedly, I was much younger. If I play it now, I probably won't think otherwise. I'm sure I'd still enjoy the old RE2 a lot.

Last edited:

EDMIX

I used to play this game for the story... among everything else. The way each game connected with each other, even with all the notes you find scattered in the game and see how it all connects was fun. 4-6 basically took that way. But then again, admittedly, I was much younger. If I play it now, I probably won't think otherwise. I'm sure I'd still enjoy the old RE2 a lot.

". 4-6 basically took that way "

Agreed 1000%

Fuz

Banned
I was sort of a fan of the series until RE3. Loved the first two games and I was pretty excited when they announced RE3.
But I really, really disliked RE3. It was super boring and I hated it.
Then RE4 was released... and I consider it one of the worst scourges ever to happen to gaming: it introduced the shoulder camera, something that I cannot tolerate in any game.

I completely ignore the series since then.

Last edited:

eso76

As for the entire franchise, Resident Evil 7 sucesfully reinvented the series after the flops that RE 5 and 6 were.

Flops ?
Those are the 2 best selling Resident Evil games and second + third best selling Capcom games ever, last i checked.
Resident Evil 7 was also a huge commercial success and Resident Evil 2 looks like it's going to set the world on fire.

Resident Evil is in pretty great shape if you ask me.
Sure, the series has changed and every game is basically its own thing now; you just can't fit 20+ sequels and spin offs in the original lore without them feeling tacked on.

klosos

Well the issue i have with Resident Evil is that it started moving away from everything i enjoyed about it , the jump scare's the tension , ammo retention and starting with RE4 its moved further away from that , into no more then a substandard action game . i understand with RE7 they tried recapturing the old magic , however something was lacking maybe it because it was a FPS ( i played on PC) i could Head shot Most Things relatively well and that alone lost the game a lot of tension.

am i excited for RE2 ? yep am sure am its looking great and very atmospheric and definitely in my top 3 most anticipated games . just need to get around and preorder it

RE4, 5 and 6 and all the bull shite sequels are the reason RE sold out. People may disagree. But RE should have stayed a faithful horror franchise, eh?

EDMIX

I keep going with this franchise, because of my love for it. However, all the crap that I got on fan forums almost made me quit. They are all arseholes.

https://encyclopediadramatica.rs/Grace_Saunders

Not only are those forums virtually dead these days, but most of the members are complete douche bags. They act like jerks. Nobody likes a tool.

:cautious:

huh? smh

Man, you need to relax and take a step back. "However, all the crap that I got on fan forums almost made me quit." Play games because of games, not based on what fans say on "fan forums" that just makes so little sense. Stop taking it so seriously, you legit telling me someone thinking something differently then you will cause you to quit playing a game? Really?

Vawn

Banned
FYI: res 2 remake is res 4 style

Is it? I hope not, but I haven't watched playthroughs as I don't want to spoil it.

When I think of RE4, I think of dozens of running enemies at a time in big open spaces. I think of round house kicks that are more damaging than direct shotgun blasts. And I think of buying weapons and ammo with money that drops off enemies instead of finding it throughout the environment.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Honestly I think RE7 helped when the series really needed it. I never finished 5, and personally didn't care for 6, so I never bothered. After 6 I honestly figured the series was dead, but then 7 happened. I remember being legitimately shocked that there was another sequel, and that it was doing so well. But I have no idea where it's going to go from here if remakes aren't involved.

-MD-

Is it? I hope not, but I haven't watched playthroughs as I don't want to spoil it.

When I think of RE4, I think of dozens of running enemies at a time in big open spaces. I think of round house kicks that are more damaging than direct shotgun blasts. And I think of buying weapons and ammo with money that drops off enemies instead of finding it throughout the environment.

Yeah RE2 has none of that, think classic RE but with The Evil Within style movement, that's essentially what RE2 is.

hecatomb

Banned
I really doubt it, Res evil has little to no competition. What other survival horror games can compete with Res evil?

huh? smh

Man, you need to relax and take a step back. "However, all the crap that I got on fan forums almost made me quit." Play games because of games, not based on what fans say on "fan forums" that just makes so little sense. Stop taking it so seriously, you legit telling me someone thinking something differently then you will cause you to quit playing a game? Really?

It helps if you know the history between those people and myself. It has nothing to do with opinions, as such, but more so their approach. I've been a member of all the major fan forums to do with the series, like Biohaze, The Horror Is Alive, and so on. I've never gotten any praise, friends, money or anything from those forums, other than stress, to the point where I aired my grievances elsewhere. I wouldn't say that was productive.

Well, I don't know why I said money, because how do you make a profit from forums, right? But you know what I mean. It has been a huge waste of time. Now I'm somewhat tolerated on those message boards (only loosely, though) and the thing is, it hardly matters. Online forums are dying. NeoGAF is active every single day, but it's a mixed bag. This isn't just a site to discuss Resident Evil. Already, I can see some users aren't huge fans.

It's true that you can still enjoy a game without interacting on forums. But the thing is, socially inept people with autism and similar conditions don't make an awful lot of real acquaintances, so they usually do their socializing online. At least on the Internet, it's easier to find groups where folk share a common interest. Unfortunately, comments sections and YouTube are also full of venomous parties. Do you know of sites like 4chan?

You have no idea of the crap they put me through. It ruined my "e-reputation" too, because all of those people know each other. I've also posted a lot of stuff online regarding personal matters, although that's not a good idea. Some people will use that negative information to defame me more, so that's exactly what happened. There's a lot of people who, for example, know about the commotion with my former (autism) support workers.

Like I said, a lot of people on forums are fiercely loyal to a company and hate on anybody who disagrees with their views. For instance, I was posting on residentevil.org for years, on and off. Everything was okay. There wasn't any issues at all. Then after the E3 news this year, they started getting pompous and they banned me. They banned this other guy too, referring to him as my sock puppet. All he did was defend me a few times.

Then some members were posting crap about me, claiming to know me from old Resident Evil forums. I even know where the admin (Steve) resides. I'm considering reporting that guy. All they do is make a laughing stock out of me. I've been struggling enough as it is, especially since social services in the UK is bull crap and untrustworthy. I've not had any support for ages, but I know caregivers just function as stool pigeon types.

You have to be careful with forums and being a fan. It's good to have a passion about something. But when you're undergoing abuse like I've been, of course it will get to you. It has caused me to have anxiety and the odd bit of agoraphobia. Not eating well or binge eating on comfort foods isn't healthy either. I've also had a lot of hassle, because those ex support workers grass on me if I contact them. I'm still a fan of survival horror, dude.

EDMIX

It helps if you know the history between those people and myself. It has nothing to do with opinions, as such, but more so their approach. I've been a member of all the major fan forums to do with the series, like Biohaze, The Horror Is Alive, and so on. I've never gotten any praise, friends, money or anything from those forums, other than stress, to the point where I aired my grievances elsewhere. I wouldn't say that was productive.

Well, I don't know why I said money, because how do you make a profit from forums, right? But you know what I mean. It has been a huge waste of time. Now I'm somewhat tolerated on those message boards (only loosely, though) and the thing is, it hardly matters. Online forums are dying. NeoGAF is active every single day, but it's a mixed bag. This isn't just a site to discuss Resident Evil. Already, I can see some users aren't huge fans.

It's true that you can still enjoy a game without interacting on forums. But the thing is, socially inept people with autism and similar conditions don't make an awful lot of real acquaintances, so they usually do their socializing online. At least on the Internet, it's easier to find groups where folk share a common interest. Unfortunately, comments sections and YouTube are also full of venomous parties. Do you know of sites like 4chan?

You have no idea of the crap they put me through. It ruined my "e-reputation" too, because all of those people know each other. I've also posted a lot of stuff online regarding personal matters, although that's not a good idea. Some people will use that negative information to defame me more, so that's exactly what happened. There's a lot of people who, for example, know about the commotion with my former (autism) support workers.

Like I said, a lot of people on forums are fiercely loyal to a company and hate on anybody who disagrees with their views. For instance, I was posting on residentevil.org for years, on and off. Everything was okay. There wasn't any issues at all. Then after the E3 news this year, they started getting pompous and they banned me. They banned this other guy too, referring to him as my sock puppet. All he did was defend me a few times.

Then some members were posting crap about me, claiming to know me from old Resident Evil forums. I even know where the admin (Steve) resides. I'm considering reporting that guy. All they do is make a laughing stock out of me. I've been struggling enough as it is, especially since social services in the UK is bull crap and untrustworthy. I've not had any support for ages, but I know caregivers just function as stool pigeon types.

You have to be careful with forums and being a fan. It's good to have a passion about something. But when you're undergoing abuse like I've been, of course it will get to you. It has caused me to have anxiety and the odd bit of agoraphobia. Not eating well or binge eating on comfort foods isn't healthy either. I've also had a lot of hassle, because those ex support workers grass on me if I contact them. I'm still a fan of survival horror, dude.

um.......ok.

Stop basing what you play on what others say. I'm not saying this to be mean, I literally mean this....grow up, be an adult. Not everyone will agree with you in life, that isn't a big deal and should have any influence on what you play. So I don't game based on anyone other then myself. If something like this is going to make you "quit" you have to question why you even do it if such a thing is even effecting you to this degree? Are you serious? I like gaming too....enough that someone telling me they disagree with an opinion has zero effect on if I game or not.

Zero....nothing. Not even slightly. Don't game based on popular opinion, game based on what you like. You are the only one that matters in that respect and I sincerely mean that.

At least horror is finally back. I'll maybe play the RE2 remake on normal mode next year. Just to test the metal of man, I'll give it a shot.

Hell yeah. I love horror games, yet i can be too much of a scary cat to not play them again. I swear, it gets my heart beating like crazy sometimes man lolol.. that said i must finish RE7.

Oh, sorry. I don't really think when I post sometimes. I agree though that companies release way too many tidbits of info before their games come out, which is why I hated that they showed a 20 minute video of Leon in the station, that showed off quite a bit. It's okay to show a 1 minute video, but a full 20 minutes is a bit much. Considering the game is still under 6 months away, I'm sure Capcom will show us a lot of stuff before January.

Oh, sorry. I don't really think when I post sometimes. I agree though that companies release way too many tidbits of info before their games come out, which is why I hated that they showed a 20 minute video of Leon in the station, that showed off quite a bit. It's okay to show a 1 minute video, but a full 20 minutes is a bit much. Considering the game is still under 6 months away, I'm sure Capcom will show us a lot of stuff before January.

Tell me about it. I feel that way about the new Spider-Man. I feel wayyy too many videos and info have already been said and shown. It's making me lose interest, to be honest. It feels like I already know 85% of the game. Hopefully that's not the case, but man.

Guiberu

No.

There's such a rich lore and history, however convoluted, that they can pull upon it forever, switching up gameplay styles indefinitely, and make it work/sell.

It's an established "Universe" and effectively stupid to ignore.

I'm a bit worried after hearing that Capcom wants to do more remakes. Which I take it is fine. But I just don't want any more for a good long while. After the remake of 2 comes out, even if it's "the best one yet" and so on, I'd rather have sequels or maybe even another Revelations game over any further remakes of prior titles. Part of me thinks Capcom cannot do it. The old Capcom could, but this new Capcom is too soft with some aspects.

I kind of feel like Capcom has (for the most part) exhausted everything they can try, so I think 7 was like a last resort. However, I feel like it just cuts and pastes stuff from movies and Capcom likely got on the P.T. bandwagon. It's not the worst game around, but Chris looks rather dumb. It's also not a game that I feel that fans will truly remember, in 5 years from now. It's a good horror game, but it's by no means 'excellent' or that memorable.

It's a shame that we cannot get a real sequel again, or something like the original remake from 2002. The closest we got to that was Zero, but I thought that game was dull and tiring after the train section. It's by no means an awful game. It's just not that interesting in parts. I'd really love for Capcom to do a terrifying sequel again. Nothing like 4, 5 or 6 is. But more so along the lines of The Evil Within, with less bullets and herbs to discover.

Top Bottom