• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deep Rock Galactic has sold over 8 million units across all platforms since 2018 launch

87fd00d9da3a577a03d99a4a5aff5a45f21a88ed.jpg

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Great game, great success but I really dunno what they're doing with their next game seeming like a mod/dlc of this, same stuff again but now even more roguelite-like-like-lite?
Edit: it already is a roguelite. DRG description:
Deep Rock Galactic is a 1-4 player co-op FPS featuring badass space Dwarves, 100% destructible environments, procedurally-generated caves, and endless hordes of alien monsters.
DRG:RC description:
DEEP ROCK GALACTIC: ROGUE CORE is a 1-4 player co-op FPS roguelite featuring 100% destructible environments and procedurally-generated caves. Join a team of dwarven Reclaimers tasked with reestablishing control over lost deep mining operations on Hoxxes IV.
So yeah, guess you can mine new colored ore as mentioned and choose your loadout slightly differently. Again, don't see how this can't be a DLC (or update to keep the main game relevant/selling), why work simultaneously on two so very similar things instead of do something different (or one)?

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Great game, great success but I really dunno what they're doing with their next game seeming like a mod/dlc of this, same stuff again but now even more roguelite-like-like-lite?
Will feature Dwarven Reclaimers that delve further into Hoxxes. Very excited about it. Season 5 will also have a Rogue Core tie in. People think it'll take dev time away from DRG but I really don't think so. It expands the DRG lore in a good way and I can't wait to start mining me some Exponite!!

If anything the customization of unlocking any weapon loadout makes the game an easy sell. You can have one main weapon and 2 traversal tools if you want to.

ROCK AND STONE

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman

This is really smart. The first game is fun, but it leads to nowhere. Very little drama.

Making DRG a Roguelite is a smart use of resources and it gives the game a high risk end goal that makes your choices + performance count.

IFireflyl

Gold Member
I just bought this with the Steam Winter Sale, but I haven't played it yet. I have been too busy watching TV shows and taking power dumps.

Top Bottom