• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy Has Sold Over 24 Million Units

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draugoth

Gold Member
Hogwarts-Legacy_03-1536x864.jpg

It’s no secret that Hogwarts Legacy was a huge revenue earner for Warner Bros. last year after becoming the best-selling title in the United States and the UK. However, after it sold over 22 million copies in 2023, Warner Bros. Discovery CEO David Zaslav recently told Variety that it crossed 24 million sales.

That means an additional two million copies sold in the past several weeks. Though WB Games and Avalanche Software haven’t confirmed if a sequel is in the works, WB Games president David Haddad said “a series of other things” related to Harry Potter is in the works, which have yet to be announced.

Source

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I wish I could distill this game into a concentrated 6-8 hour experience. I wanna play the game, but I also don’t give a shit about Harry Potter. I’d pay full price if I could get through the highest quality content in a weekend, but I just don’t have 25+ hours to spend on wizards.

Maybe someday games will start including “working adult” modes. I can only hope.

Last edited:

Kerotan

I prob wouldn't buy this until my son is older in 5 or 6 years but my friend just got it and he's addicted. Quality game. did these guy's make mad max?

Jormatar

Incredible success for the studio. Looking forward to next Hogwarts game. Hopefully they double down on the RPG mechanics.

Z O N E

Plot Twist
Every REEEE member bought the game.

Honestly, I bet the majority of REE did buy it but live in pretend land so they don't get called transphobes.

To this day I'm still pissed about that one Japanese VTuber who got bullied so hard by the trans community when all she did was announce she was playing the game that she decided to fast track her "graduation" out of VTubing.

tkscz

According to my Google research, suicide rates may have actually gone down last year and none increased significantly from a video game's success. Seriously though the game was good, so it's deserved.

John Wick

I was gonna buy the game anyway but the boycott allowed me to buy multiple copies. Screw the haters and woke mob.

samoilaaa

I swear it feels like everyone bought the game just to piss off REEEE site.

I am glad it did well.
well the game didnt excel at anything except maybe graphics and the level design of the castle , the story , voice acting , combat , progression system , rpg elements , loot , everything was mediocre , it wasnt bad but its definetly not as good as people say

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
3 copies here. PlayStation, Xbox and PC. Haven’t started any of them but own them just to piss off the purples.

Hugare

I wish I could distill this game into a concentrated 6-8 hour experience. I wanna play the game, but I also don’t give a shit about Harry Potter. I’d pay full price if I could get through the highest quality content in a weekend, but I just don’t have 25+ hours to spend on wizards.

Maybe someday games will start including “working adult” modes. I can only hope.
RDR 2 feels even more like work and a lot of people consider it to be one of the GOATs

The game just wasnt made for you, and I get it, 'cause I feel the same

I love the franchise (to the point that my nickname was "Potter" when I was a kid), but it felt too bloated and I never finished it. Will go back to it eventually.

Lots of game feel like this lately. Took me a year to finish GOW Ragnarok.

Last edited:

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
To this day I'm still pissed about that one Japanese VTuber who got bullied so hard by the trans community when all she did was announce she was playing the game that she decided to fast track her "graduation" out of VTubing.
I won't classify Pikamee as "Japanese vtuber".

An old clip when she actually was a "Japanese vtuber".

Technically she is half American half Japanese. Before HoloEN and Myth, she did stream in Japanese, but had an overseas fanbase because she was one of the few vtubers back then who knew English. But over time, she grew more popular among overseas viewers so she switched primarily to English.
she decided to fast track her "graduation" out of VTubing.
No she did not. She left VOMS and reincarnated as Henya.
She is basically an English vtuber and streams mostly in English who is also very fluent in Japanese. An interesting parallel of the Hogwarts Legacy situation, twitter brigade forcing her to graduate made her more popular instead.

Last edited:

Valedix

I bet my house that at minimum 50% of them bought this game and love it ... One thing you can count on left extremists is that they are a bunch of hypocrites.
Also bet a bunch of people even parents who bought it for their kids just like the HP franchise and ignore everything JK says.

Z O N E

No she did not. She left VOMS and reincarnated as Henya.

That's the whole point of graduation.

She graduated early from her one identity and is now a different VTuber identity.

She still had plans before graduation but because of the trans community forcing her not to play the game, she fast tracked her graduation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom