• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demo disc for old consoles

Shifty1897

I remember borrowing a PS1 from the kid down the street for a weekend to use the demo disc for Metal Gear Solid because people were freaking out about it so hard. Was so blown away I ended up buying a used PS1 and the game that summer. Good times.

DaGwaphics

I remember that I first played Tomb Raider (I think it was the second game) on a PS demo disk, had to play the full game after that.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
images

I worked at a bookstore in 97-98 so I got a ton of demo discs and magazines. One day my manager told me I HAVE TO play this demo for Parappa the Rapper. I ended up loving it and passing some demo discs to my friends. Those got passed around quite a bit, probably at least a dozen people at my school ended up buying the full game because of it.

StueyDuck

Ps2/pc demo disc's were the best time.

Even though I had just moved back to South Africa i always got family to send over OPSM2 from England just for those demo discs 🤣

Havoc2049

I was a Sega Saturn (Although I think there were only two demo discs released by Sega themselves), Official Dreamcast Magazine and Official Xbox Magazine Demo discs kid back in the day.

The Shenmue trailer on the Official Dreamcast Magazine disc was epic.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Cant remember who put it out, but I remember a PS1 demo disk that had Tonk Hawk Pro Skater 1 that let you play the warehouse level over and over. I must have put like 50 hours into that. Mind blowing at the time.

Also cant forget the Zone of Enders bonus disk with Metal Gear Solid 2 tanker demo. I remember old GAF forum users buying the game JUST for that demo disk.

Last edited:
I just remember my sega saturn demo discs. The ones i had were okay, but was always disappointed by how few were playable and not just videos as well as how most of the games were rarely any I was looking forward to. Still neat to try out a couple games though. Dont think i bought any based off plauing their demo though.

Esca

I love demo discs. Had tons of them for PS1. They helped find new stuff and you could send up putting hours into just that one disc. When my neighbor bought a PS1 for his son he didn't have enough money to get him games so I have him new handful of demo discs each time he told me he played the previous ones and we'd talk about the games and what he liked and such. I miss that a lot now that I remember

Krathoon

I bought some PS1 Jampacks on eBay. You can still get them for pretty cheap.

One of them had a really cracked case. I bought some replacement cases.

This tends to happen with old PS1 games.

Top Bottom