• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon's Souls (4K/30, Dynamic 4K/60, Photo mode, PS3 filter) - can now store characters in the Nexus

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Seriously why are people considering playing this at 30fps. What the actual fuck?!

The original game, which ran sub 30fps quite a lot of the time, basically defined this style of game. If frame-rate was such a sticking point, there would be no Souls series in the first place. Its good enough for satisfying gameplay for the vast majority of users.

Calverz

The original game, which ran sub 30fps quite a lot of the time, basically defined this style of game. If frame-rate was such a sticking point, there would be no Souls series in the first place. Its good enough for satisfying gameplay for the vast majority of users.
Yea it was good enough in 2009. We are in 2020 now.

Grinchy

Banned
So the performance mode doesn't decrease anything except for resolution? If that's the case, it might be crazy to play it at 30 just to tell yourself you're getting native 4K and it makes you a big boy.

Traxtech

Your definition of "much better" seems to be quite different than mine.

Well, if you're that impressed with this graphics, then better for you.

People with low expectations are always more impressed.

Graphics and overall style are in very different categories imo. God of war is gorgeous and absolutely stunning, but it does not hold a candle to demon souls.

In saying that, God of war ragnarok will most likely be fucking incredible and top demon souls.

Jon Neu

Banned
Graphics and overall style are in very different categories imo. God of war is gorgeous and absolutely stunning, but it does not hold a candle to demon souls.

The difference is just not that big.

In saying that, God of war ragnarok will most likely be fucking incredible and top demon souls

I’m sure the next GoW will utterly destroy this.

I mean, this Demon Souls remake isn’t even in the same universe as the UE5 demo.

So far, the next gen games are far far away from getting the best of the consoles.

Jon Neu

Banned
Mate, we all get your new shtick, Xbox has literally no games for launch so you have to go around minimizing the quality of the ones on PS5 to make yourself feel better about your purchase. It's silly.

I know you see everything with the lens of a Sony warrior, so no wonder you think Sony is being attacked simply for pointing out that this remake isn’t that big of a graphical jump.

The fact that you ignore how I’m saying that there’s much better looking games coming from Sony, it’s kind of cute.

Azurro

Banned
I know you see everything with the lens of a Sony warrior, so no wonder you think Sony is being attacked simply for pointing out that this remake isn’t that big of a graphical jump.

The fact that you ignore how I’m saying that there’s much better looking games coming from Sony, it’s kind of cute.

No, you use a hypothetical Sony game to say this Sony game, which is an incredible looking game for the great, great majority of people, looks like a meh jump.

Then when the hypothetical Sony game comes out, you'll say it is disappointing. This is not a new playbook mate. Now please go back and continue to get hyped over all the next gen games on Xbox, if there are any.

Jon Neu

Banned
which is an incredible looking game

It's a game that looks good, but it's at UE5 demo levels? Obviously not, and that's the demo Epic and Sony hyped the console with, that's the bar themselves set regarding next gen games. Spiderman Miles Morales, which is a crossgen title, arguably looks better. And the fact that you can argue that a crossgen title looks better, means that maybe it's not that big of a jump as you think.

We are going to see games that look much better on both platforms as time goes by. This is just an appetizer.

Then when the hypothetical Sony game comes out, you'll say it is disappointing.

So, according to you, I'm going to say that all the future AAA games of the PS5 are dissapointing?

That's an incredible level of delusion.

Now please go back and continue to get hyped over all the next gen games on Xbox, if there are any.

I already comented on those games, like Scorn and that other crappy game that you play in two different dimensions at the same time (whatever it's name is). I've said they look like utter trash.

Lucky for me, there isn't some crazy Xbox fanboy going after me for giving my honest opinion about those games.

Top Bottom