• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon's Souls |OT| Power was granted, so the world could be mended

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I have the big sword and I’m doing a lot of damage but the fucker with one hit it’s over.
My tactics with those guys is to wait until he turn around and then use my big swords similar to meat cleaver to attack him which knocks him over, immediately attack him again to finish him off.

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
My tactics with those guys is to wait until he turn around and then use my big swords similar to meat cleaver to attack him which knocks him over, immediately attack him again to finish him off.

Yup I just killed the fucker with the the same tactic you used because I figured that the AI isn’t that great tbh so whenever he turned around I use my big sword from behind then finish him off

SkylineRKR

I must say I love the Flamelurker fight. I did him fairly late (I only didn't do 3-2 and 5-2 yet, did open the shortcut in 5-2 and looted the place.. wanted that moonlight) and I was too stubborn to farm some heals. I had to cast heal which is nerve wracking. I got him to 25% each time until I decided to get some grass. Had no spice either, because water veil seems to help. Beat him right after that. Had second chance up but wasn't used.

He's not hard per say for a faith or pure melee build, but the fire ticks are annoying. Because touching him can also cancel out your slashes, you're essentially taking constant damage. That was the most annoying part about him. I think you can tank a lot, and only attack once (with greatsword) after he slams his fist in the ground. From a certain range you won't be hit by ticks. Rarely I could unleash on his back, he seems to have a blind spot at times.

I died more times on 2-3, heh. I remember I one shot that on PS3 each time. It seems he's either broken or they changed things up. But the first few debris are almost like a gamble.

I love 5-2 btw. The sense of dread and hopelessness. Its just so great. Blight Town is a joke compared to it. Giant deprave aggro in the swamp? RIP you. Ofcourse, you can easily bypass all of them (if you go for the goal there is only one near the first fog door, which you can ignore). It would be almost impossible if you couldn't. In 5-1 they were harder because I kinda refused to use the thief ring, I lured them out, rolled past them on the wide platform and ran. Its very possible. 5-1 was shit, the space you have to fight in. Typically that house with the ladder is a nightmare, ofcourse, anything ranged will fix it. But I was often too lazy for that. Ever since on PS3 I admit I fear those guys.

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

I didn't even know you could do that. I'm okay with the arrows as there are certain things I leave for when I'm playing drunk.

I never did this before lol, I read about it that it was possible. I just tried at certain spots, i noticed I dished out so I kept pressing on. Also did GW once but had no spice.

N30RYU

Gold Member
My character
95A66pY.jpg

You can only change the world tendency toward white by killing the boss, invading black phantoms (this works when you help in other peoples game) and named black phantoms like Rydel as you mentioned.
Killing the primeval demon in pure black also raises the world 3 levels towards white. If you kill the black phantom at the same time it'll go up 6 levels in one go. Quite easy in world 5 as they are very close together.

SkylineRKR

Killing the primeval demon in pure black also raises the world 3 levels towards white. If you kill the black phantom at the same time it'll go up 6 levels in one go. Quite easy in world 5 as they are very close together.

What I used to do in NG+ was, make a world PB, and then instantly PW.

Ogbert

On my second playthrough with a magic build.

It's just too much fun. A lot, lot easier, but I'm grinning from ear to ear. I feel like I'm getting revenge on all the other Souls games.

2AdEPT

Shooting arrows for 20 mins? I didn't want that

It only took me 4 fireballs while in hyper mode, so its not really that onerus to do it the old way with magic instead of arrows, blue dragon in 1-4 included, but Im just impresssed that it can be done melee at all! Like others mentioned it wasnt a thing in the old days so either wastn possible or no one thought of it. Lkely the former but who knows???

Last edited:
For people who says magic is cheating

I don't usually do magic builds, but if you're not "cheating", you're not playing the game right.

A huge part of Souls games and especially Demon's Souls is exploiting the dumb AI. I don't know why it's satisfying, but it is.

Shooting a dragon with 200 arrows as it flys by to let you do it over and over, shooting Old King Doran several times then running away until he walks back and doing it again, fighting a hard NPC by a ledge and getting him to fall to his death - all part of the Souls experience.

Rolla

Banned
I need some advice...

My build has level 9 magic. I've read that I need level 10 to get the much needed "Soul Arrow" but I have no idea where to find / learn the spell?

Ar¢tos

I need some advice...

My build has level 9 magic. I've read that I need level 10 to get the much needed "Soul Arrow" but I have no idea where to find / learn the spell?
After you beat 1-1 a magic trainer shows up in the ground floor of the Nexus. You can buy it from him.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
5-2 is kicking my ass. Any tips?
What part? I used to keep dying at the second fog wall beyond the two giants. Eventually figured out I should backtrack a bit and fight them on one of the bigger islands with more space. Forget about fighting them in the swamp.l

Th part after that is tough too, just cos enemies in that level can stun lock you and brute force kill you out of nowhere

Last edited:

rob_araujoo

Neo Member
Can you change your character's trend to pure white just by helping someone kill a boss in co-op? I'm in Latria and I wanted to open Rydell's cell, but you have to get pure white.

Last edited:

2AdEPT

5-2 is kicking my ass. Any tips?
If you have the adjudicator shield stacked with regen ring thats usually enough health regen to forget about being poisoned, of course a blessed weapon is even better and if yu stack all three you will gain health even when poisoned. the black leather set allows you to be poisoned less if you care and dont have the ring and shield as well as poison resit ring. You can alwasy ensure you have enough lotuses from 5-1. If you want to go off the beat path into the muck, there is a ring you may have acquired in 3-2 but only if you had pure black tendedncy....it will allow you to not be slowed bythe swamp water, which is huge if yu actaully want to fight the tough enemies in the water. For the main area on the bridge and ledges use a bow for small enemies and sneak by the bigger enemies. At the end of the level where you finally see a boss door, go a bit furhter and open a short cut. then if you die its no big deal and you can use the short cut to get to the boss.

Can you change your character's trend to pure white just by helping someone kill a boss in co-op? I'm in Latria and I wanted to open Rydell's cell, but you have to get pure white.
the short asnwer is no. But lets see if I can help? First dont confuse character and world tendency. In order to free Rydell it is true you need pure white wold tendency, your character tendency woont matter for that. But the easiest way is to just beat all three bosses without dying in human form. If you have already died in human form it wont be as easy. If you are only one shade off white the best thing to do is try to use a password and get someone here to invade you while you are human and ask them to let you kill them. Once you have turned the woreld pure white you stil have to find the key!!!! Its not in 3-1.

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

5-2 isn't that hard except for the shanty town.

You need to get down into the swamp, and just make a beeline past the jellyfishes (there is a path, all the tiny walking spots and lights). Your cue is a black phantom on the far left, as on the right of that is the fog door. Stay to the left of the island with thief ring, and walk up to it close to the wooden plank so you won't aggro the giant and go through the door. I never fought there, not that I remember anyway. You don't need to fight there at all (perhaps the first few small guys when you jump down into the swamp). Then, follow the wooden plank or jump off it, doesn't really matter. Your next cue is a green silhouette in the distance, stay to the right against the wood and just enter the fog door. He might chase you, kill him before you venture too far into the town.

The town is the hardest part, if you were like me and didn't bring arrows or ranged at all. Lure out those fuckers one by one. They will gank you from all sides if you're too fast. And the scenery doesn't help. Then, at the very end, you can go through a narrow walkway opposite the boss door. There's your shortcut after venturing the upward planks and try not to fall off (if you rooted out the village its w/e but time consuming). But honestly the boss is a joke.

The actual hardest part of this level is getting all the secrets. I grabbed the sword without God's Wrath on hand, but it was pure luck and didn't even die lol.

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
I wish that the archdemons had actual levels, it's weird to finish a boss then just go right into the next one, the climax for each level is like this, just sort of anticlimactic, you'd expect those to be the toughest level segments but they don't exist.

I am done all the bosses except for finishing up Boletaria, just did the Penetrator last night that was a joke, he never changes up his attacks, just dodge, hit him, rinse and repeat.

Where the fuck is the blue dragon fight? If the pattern holds, there is no 1-4 level segment and I'm going right into the False King fight, so where the F is that dragon?

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

I wish that the archdemons had actual levels, it's weird to finish a boss then just go right into the next one, the climax for each level is like this, just sort of anticlimactic, you'd expect those to be the toughest level segments but they don't exist.

I am done all the bosses except for finishing up Boletaria, just did the Penetrator last night that was a joke, he never changes up his attacks, just dodge, hit him, rinse and repeat.

Where the fuck is the blue dragon fight? If the pattern holds, there is no 4-4 level segment and I'm going right into the False King fight, so where the F is that dragon?
1-4 is a short level, you get 2 chances to kill the blue dragon there.

Sinthor

Gold Member

Where the fuck is the blue dragon fight? If the pattern holds, there is no 1-4 level segment and I'm going right into the False King fight, so where the F is that dragon?
Ummm.....you'll see. Go fight that final King and good luck!

I put my controller down in the Nexus and must have hit the trigger, I accidentally poked the chick with the pony tail and now she's mad. She's been chasing me all around the Nexus trying to kill me lol. I thought it would refresh after I ported into an archstone and have since died a few times, but next time I went near her and she saw me she started chasing me around with a pick again. Did I goof?

Sinthor

Gold Member
I put my controller down in the Nexus and must have hit the trigger, I accidentally poked the chick with the pony tail and now she's mad. She's been chasing me all around the Nexus trying to kill me lol. I thought it would refresh after I ported into an archstone and have since died a few times, but next time I went near her and she saw me she started chasing me around with a pick again. Did I goof?
Yep...if you have 25k souls I THINK you can fix it by using the central statue in the Nexus. Haven't done it myself but I remember reading something about one of those options basically being a "forgiveness" option if you screw something up like you did?

Yep...if you have 25k souls I THINK you can fix it by using the central statue in the Nexus. Haven't done it myself but I remember reading something about one of those options basically being a "forgiveness" option if you screw something up like you did?
Annoying, but at least it's fixable. Thanks

Paulxo87

Your game is fucked. I've accidentally hit a couple npcs no one that serious though

Paulxo87

Finished it tonight. First souls game I finished... I abandoned bloodborne. Took me 60 hours I believe I was soul level 90.. Yes I grinded it out but never got bored. I was a knight.. probably wrong build for first timer but whatever.

Wasn't too hard near the end I had the heaviest armor and +10 claymore after doing half the game with the dragon long sword +1(highly recommended you get this early)

The issue was my black world tendency that really turned 4-2 into absolute hell. Absolute fucking hell. But if you use your head and think about things you can always find a way around it... combing certain spells/rings, etc.

I'm in NG+ but I think i'll create a different character next.. likely a mage since I had my share of melee. I'll be researching builds and go from there.

no regrets with this game.

iorek21

Wow, Magic Sword Makoto is basically a cheat weapon, kiilled every boss in Latria and Valley of Defilement with ease.

Ar¢tos

It annoys me that some pure stones cannot be farmed and we are left at the mercy of rng with limited spawns crystal lizards.
I know about pbwt farming, but that doesn't change the fact that it is down to luck with 4 chances maximum.

Last edited:

Arthimura

She's not important. If you kill her will affect your character tendency but not world tendency since Nexus doesn't have events for world tendency.

There's the Mephistopheles quest were you are asked to kill this girl and other NPCs. It is required to get the platinum trophy.

I did this with the Blacksmith in Dark Souls, had to start over.

Last edited:
She's not important. If you kill her will affect your character tendency but not world tendency since Nexus doesn't have events for world tendency.

I did this with the Blacksmith in Dark Souls, had to start over.
I started to read the spoiler text but then thought it might give away too much. I'm going to try the statue thing first and see if it works. I planned on getting the platinum so I was worried it would mean another play through. It doesn't seem to be the case though so that's cool.

I'm taking my time it. Only just beat Flamelurker the other day so I'm way behind everyone else posting here. Cyberpunk will likely make that worse.

Grinchy

Banned
I think the magic ring that gives you an extra memory slot is bugged. I can equip the ring, use 5 magic slots, and then change the ring (getting the message that one of the spells will be removed). But it doesn't remove the spell it says it will. I can still use them all.

It's been a nice little workaround to keep firestorm ready all the time since it takes up 3 slots.

SkylineRKR

I thought I fucked up the assassination quest, but didn't.

When I attempted it, Ostrava was long gone from the Nexus. But I killed him when he was in human form in 1-4 and I got the reward just fine.

idk if its needed or not in the end, but just do it there. The trophy list is kind of disappointing. Some special kills on bosses (some I don't like to do in my first run, such as 5-3), all rings and all spells require multiple playthroughs. I dun goofed though, didn't speak with the elemental near endgame lol. I guess I need to do it in a subsequent run and need to be invaded and drop blue signs. Was planning all that anyway.

I think the magic ring that gives you an extra memory slot is bugged. I can equip the ring, use 5 magic slots, and then change the ring (getting the message that one of the spells will be removed). But it doesn't remove the spell it says it will. I can still use them all.

It's been a nice little workaround to keep firestorm ready all the time since it takes up 3 slots.

Nice. I saw a message that evacuate would be dropped but didn't bother to check if it did.

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

wtf

Some guy entered the boss room when I was actually fighting the boss (the de facto final boss, even), is this a new feature? He killed me ofcourse, I had False King on the left, and this guy on the right. I am very positive this wasn't possible before. Awesome as fuck though, didn't mind it.

Last edited:

2AdEPT

wtf

Some guy entered the boss room when I was actually fighting the boss (the de facto final boss, even), is this a new feature? He killed me ofcourse, I had False King on the left, and this guy on the right. I am very positive this wasn't possible before. Awesome as fuck though, didn't mind it.
Doubt its a new thing but Ive seen some weird shtuff over my time in souls.

It annoys me that some pure stones cannot be farmed and we are left at the mercy of rng with limited spawns crystal lizards.
I know about pbwt farming, but that doesn't change the fact that it is down to luck with 4 chances maximum.

I'm at a bitch of a time also. Got full on my sticky bow, winged spear+10, iron shield +10 and just need a pure bladestone for my sharp uchi. I could finish it off in a couple days but I know if I dont get it now I might not ever on NG+ because the bastard I need to farm is a tough SOB.

Top Bottom