• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon's Souls |OT| Power was granted, so the world could be mended

SkylineRKR

I'm at a bitch of a time also. Got full on my sticky bow, winged spear+10, iron shield +10 and just need a pure bladestone for my sharp uchi. I could finish it off in a couple days but I know if I dont get it now I might not ever on NG+ because the bastard I need to farm is a tough SOB.

I used to farm this on PS3 with running up and doing soulsucker. Also netted me about 100k souls a pop I think but I didn't care about that anymore by that point.

Ar¢tos

I'm at a bitch of a time also. Got full on my sticky bow, winged spear+10, iron shield +10 and just need a pure bladestone for my sharp uchi. I could finish it off in a couple days but I know if I dont get it now I might not ever on NG+ because the bastard I need to farm is a tough SOB.
I got a pure bladestone on my 7th kill in pbwt with the ring. Dragonstone chunks however.... In 2h of farming I got one.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Been making my way easily through NG++ and jfc Maneaters are a beast now! I’ve been stuck at them for quite a while.

Also there seems to be a bug where I can’t upgrade my Moonlight sword despite having colorless demon souls. Odd...

bender

What time is it?
Got bored with magic and rerolled.

Eo70RDXU0AIqqy4

Grinchy

Banned
This glass cannon mage build has been fun as hell. It's actually challenging in spots as well, though also very OP. Having 12 vitality makes you very careful haha.

The process of getting all the NPCs you need and collecting the spells is a fun process too.

Nymphae

Banned
That 4-2 farming spot was ridiculous, I was getting like 4600 souls every ~20 seconds if I didn't run down to pick up the moonshade shard thing the reaper drops.

The lack of load times is soooo noticeable in this game, you can hop around any of the archstones in like 4 seconds, I don't even have time to take a drink before it's loaded. I can't even remember how bad it must have been with the PS3 loading screen between every new area.

Interfectum

Is the 30 FPS mode really shit or have I acclimated to 60 FPS on this game.... I started the game in performance mode, got bored last night waiting to invade someone and I decided to tour a level using the better graphics mode. 30 FPS in this game feels like complete shit, like your guy is underwater or something. I played all of Miles on 30 FPS but maybe I've been converted?

Arthimura

Is the 30 FPS mode really shit or have I acclimated to 60 FPS on this game.... I started the game in performance mode, got bored last night waiting to invade someone and I decided to tour a level using the better graphics mode. 30 FPS in this game feels like complete shit, like your guy is underwater or something. I played all of Miles on 30 FPS but maybe I've been converted?
I prefer playing DeS Remake in performance mode because there's no RT, so i notice more benefits in 60 FPS.

I'm playing Miles Morales in Performance RT mode. There's almost no difference to Fidelity Mode, RT still looks great and 60 FPS.

But if i need to chose between RT and 60 FPS in future games, i will probably choose RT (in single player experiences).

Been making my way easily through NG++ and jfc Maneaters are a beast now! I’ve been stuck at them for quite a while.

Also there seems to be a bug where I can’t upgrade my Moonlight sword despite having colorless demon souls. Odd...
DId you just recently move to NG++?

You can only use Colorless souls to upgrade if you've already given the Searing Soul to Blacksmith Ed this "round".

My bet is you have not done so yet.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Yeah it's shit. I think the motion blur implementation is really bad. I played miles in fidelity mode and i got used to it immediately. I just couldn't with demon souls.

Antelope

I’ve made it to the end of the game....and I don’t want it to end. I’ve got some worlds to turn to black and some colourless souls to collect. I put it on hold for a moment while I play other stuff.

Grinchy

Banned
I was helping people with the 1-3 and 4-2 bosses. I can one-shot both of them with firestorm. I just go in, get behind the boss, shoot some flame pillars out of the ground, and the host just got the easiest carry of their lives lol

I am at the point now where I have 40 INT and 40 MAG and only have 1-4 left. I even got the Kris Blade to +5 for that extra magic damage. I always hesitate to take these save files into NG+...

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Wow thief ring is so OP for Maneaters. Once the second one showed up I ran to the fire and got the attention of one of them and easily took him how. The other one hasn’t left the other side of the bridge yet hah. In fact I am writing this comment just looking at home while the fight is still going. Damn what a great strat for this fight.

SkylineRKR

That 4-2 farming spot was ridiculous, I was getting like 4600 souls every ~20 seconds if I didn't run down to pick up the moonshade shard thing the reaper drops.

The lack of load times is soooo noticeable in this game, you can hop around any of the archstones in like 4 seconds, I don't even have time to take a drink before it's loaded. I can't even remember how bad it must have been with the PS3 loading screen between every new area.

lol do you use Evacuate?

I didn't even bother, I felt running back to the stone to reset the level was quicker than warping out, running through the nexus, warping in again. Load times are esp instant if you reset a level on the spot.

btw, use the Avarice ring found in 3-2 for an increase. If you're female you can add the silver bracelets for another bonus. I got 6060 a pop.

Nymphae

Banned
lol do you use Evacuate?

Huh? I went into 4-2 from the nexus, ran down the steps, rolled over the edge, turned 180 degrees, ran down the hall, 3 shots from lava bow on the reaper killed him, run back to archstone, refresh 4-2 and repeat. Took like less than 30 seconds each run.

Grinchy

Banned
I was finding 4-3 to be a good soul farming spot. You just use the storm sword and wipe out the flying dicks. With the ring and the silver wrists (for female) it was over 20K per run.

SkylineRKR

Huh? I went into 4-2 from the nexus, ran down the steps, rolled over the edge, turned 180 degrees, ran down the hall, 3 shots from lava bow on the reaper killed him, run back to archstone, refresh 4-2 and repeat. Took like less than 30 seconds each run.

You can also suicide by rolling off, its even faster, Just pick up stash each time.

Its funny on PS3 I used Evacuate a lot of times. But on PS5 I just don't care if I die. You'll be back in the action within 2 seconds anyway.

On PS3 Evacuate was a must have and I feel its usefulness has diminished greatly because how fast the PS5 version is. Its still a safe way to keep your souls, but idk, I found I didn't give a shit.

Last edited:

Sinthor

Gold Member
Well, my overpowered mage one-shot the final boss with firestorm :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I did the Mephistopheles questline, messed around a little, and just picked an ending at random. This game is just too good.
Well, I got the platinum last night. One of the few I have. I think I'm going to mess some more with Godfall. Went thru the initial area/tutorial and it's fun so far. So I'll see what it is longer term. The one jarring thing so far, though minor is that the main character, Orin, sounds like Optimus Prime, but then when the game has you make your first OTHER armor set, all of a sudden Orin's got a female voice. I mean, I don't care really, but it's a bit jarring and there's no explanation. Making me assume that whenever you pick a set of armor, whether it's a 'male' or 'female' armor set, that the voice will change. I wonder if it will also change into different characters or if it's the same male or female voice each time?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Between Assassin's Creed: Valhalla and now Cyberpunk, as well as bit of Spiderman, I haven't been spending nearly as much time with this as I would like, but it really is an amazing remaster. Getting these graphics at 60 FPS is just crazy and it really speaks to how amazing the original game was that the gameplay more than holds up 11 years later. Only about 7 hours in, but have finished 1-1, 1-2, and 2-1, and am making my way through 3-1 right now. The spooky atmosphere in Tower of Latria is just nuts. Hats off to Bluepoint.

Last edited by a moderator:
Insane shit just went down, I need to tell others,

So I just finished 5-2 and 5-3 cause thats all i have left and being a dex guy I'm depressed that getting a pure bladestone is harder than trump saying he lost. I cant get my Uchi to +5 sharp. I've farmed the only bad dude on 4-2 for what seems like weeks now with zero pure bladestone.

I got 4 of them in an hour tonight.

If its bugged people do not equip the ring of finding shit, that just gives you low crap. go

RAL1992

Rolling skeletons in 4-1 are an absolute pain, left and switched to 5-1 cleared it and leechmonger first time.

Being full spell is there anyway to take them down faster ? Soul Ray and arrow are taking to long to cast without being randomly stunned from the rolling, is fire spray the better option ?

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I'm depressed that getting a pure bladestone is harder than trump saying he lost. I cant get my Uchi to +5 sharp. I've farmed the only bad dude on 4-2 for what seems like weeks now with zero pure bladestone.
I had different problem, I got 3 pure bladestone but I'm barely getting bladestone chunk and I need 6 of them to get my Uchi to +5. I'm start to think pure bladestone is more common than chunk.

Ogbert

Being full spell is there anyway to take them down faster ? Soul Ray and arrow are taking to long to cast without being randomly stunned from the rolling, is fire spray the better option ?

They're a really easy back stab.

Have your magic mapped to left hand. Shoot them, they roll towards you, circle them and backstab.

Are you using the cresent falchion from 4-1?

As long as you have good stamina to absorb the initial roll on a shield you should be good. No need to dance around them.

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

With a good shield, such as the Purple Flame, they can be blocked and backstabbed. Their wind up down slash is pretty much a free backstab as well.

Have beat 80% of boss with a bow and hiding in a corner lol. It take hours.

the only ones I fought like a man was flamelucker? And penetrator.
Penetrator was pretty easy, dodge hit

I fought them all like a man and I must say they're pretty good. Better on average than DS1 bosses tbh.

Spider is very fair, he telegraphs everything big time. Run when he spits oil. Tower Knight was kinda fun hacking his heels and rolling out of AoE charges. Maneaters though, I hate them but I didn't bring Warding along and didn't use a thief ring either. False King could one shot my Faith build with PBCT, but I had second chance and in general he's fair if you delay a roll on his dash attack. His AoE is either a free heal or a free combo depending on your condition.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Insane shit just went down, I need to tell others,

So I just finished 5-2 and 5-3 cause thats all i have left and being a dex guy I'm depressed that getting a pure bladestone is harder than trump saying he lost. I cant get my Uchi to +5 sharp. I've farmed the only bad dude on 4-2 for what seems like weeks now with zero pure bladestone.

I got 4 of them in an hour tonight.

If its bugged people do not equip the ring of finding shit, that just gives you low crap. go
lol for me it was the damn chunks. They never fucking dropped. I had 4 pure by the time my last chunk dropped. I was farming in pure black too which made killing that guy a nightmare in early game with low stats.

The worst thing however was getting a pure bladestone on my first ninja skeleton kill in 4-2 on my mage run. I didn't have the ring equipped. My luck was really low like 7 and i was above neutral world tendency.

RAL1992

They're a really easy back stab.

Have your magic mapped to left hand. Shoot them, they roll towards you, circle them and backstab.

Are you using the cresent falchion from 4-1?

I have magic mapped to left and kris blade / falchion in the right, I think I've become too accustomed to being able to range snipe with soul arrow pal, not really had to use a sword

I started with a Knight and after Phalanx I'm just getting destroyed wherever I go. I'm like soul level 20 and I can barely scrounge through level 1-2, and in level 2-1 Fat Officials burn my fucking ass.

Right now I'm slowly grinding souls by replaying 1-1 and 1-2 till Tower Knight - it's slow but it's safe...

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Feel free to go to other levels you can do 2-1 or 3-1 Etc. 2-1 is where you can grind a bunch of weapon upgrade gear so you might want to start there

Ogbert

I started with a Knight and after Phalanx I'm just getting destroyed wherever I go. I'm like soul level 20 and I can barely scrounge through level 1-2, and in level 2-1 Fat Officials burn my fucking ass.

Right now I'm slowly grinding souls by replaying 1-1 and 1-2 till Tower Knight - it's slow but it's safe...

Get yourself a decent shield and level up damage. You’re better off killing stuff quicker than putting points into vitality.

Try 4-1 too. Good farming spot.

I had different problem, I got 3 pure bladestone but I'm barely getting bladestone chunk and I need 6 of them to get my Uchi to +5. I'm start to think pure bladestone is more common than chunk.
I think I've got more chunks off the guy right before the 4-2 boss fight than this one.

SlimySnake

Go to 4-1, kill the skeletons, then pick up the crescent falchion that's sitting on a cliff to the left. Look this up.

It's very essy to kill skeletons by backstabbing them. That weapon will last you till end game but take that to 2-1, defeat the 2-1 boss and get the dragon sword for even more damage. And unlike the falchion, you can max out the dragon sword early.

Crescent falchion does magic damage and dragon sword does fire damage. 99% of the bosses and enemies are weak to fire and magic.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

I just spent a good five min hitting it with Soul Arrows.
I was doing 350 damage to him with my soul rays. Of course, i had the monk hat, the Kris blade+5, the ring of magical sharpness and the insanity catalyst but that guy went down in like 4-5 hits.

Top Bottom