• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dengeki Japan: FY 2013 Top 100 Games Sales

sörine

Banned
oh wow.I just added the PS3 and Vita numbers. Its 531,908 units damn.

I forgot that the previous numbers included Vita and didn't read the list properly. So its actually doing really well.
It's the best selling HD Remaster by a good amount but in the context of FF reissues historically I'm not sure if it's really that great. At 600k FFIV DS was considered a disappointment and while that was a fuller remake it was also the 5th time FFIV had released and also after a flurry of recent ports/remakes for similar 8-bit FF games (1-3). FFX is the first "PlayStation" FF to be remade and the first non-smartphone remake in years. I feel like in stronger days for the franchise, and on stronger platforms in Japan, a FFX remake could have been a million seller.

I find it hilarious how some people were so adamant that ps4 would save Japanese console gaming only for the truth to be that it sells less than the wii did this year over there

Tripon

Wonder if it's an overall market shft, cause Ar no Surge bombed like fuck.

Also reminder that this was what Sega as expecting for Puyo Tetris
[3DS] Puyo Puyo Tetris - 200k
[PS3] Puyo Puyo Tetris - 150k
[PSV] Puyo Puyo Tetris - 30k
[WIU] Puyo Puyo Tetris - 20k

LTD numbers, but yeah, Puyo Puyo Tetris aren't doing that. Bring it to the West Sega! You'll make money!

Prelude.

I find it hilarious how some people were so adamant that ps4 would save Japanese console gaming only for the truth to be that it sells less than the wii did this year over there
I'm sure those people thought that COD, Assassin's Creed and Battlefield would save the japanese industry.

Top Bottom