• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2: The Witch Queen |OT|

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
If I want to make sure I have everything up final shape can I just grab lightfall and the legacy collection? I’m moving guys over from ps5 to pc.

If I want to make sure I have everything up final shape can I just grab lightfall and the legacy collection? I’m moving guys over from ps5 to pc.
Uhh. So yeah it's confusing. It appears that a new Legacy collection will be coming online with the release of the expansion. Not clear what the price is, but that collection should include everything (except apparently dungeon keys).

There's a 2023 Legacy Collection that's on sale on Steam for the next two-and-a-half hours for 20 bucks that's Shadowkeep, Beyond Light, and Witch Queen. Then another 6 dollar (on sale) pack for "Forsaken Pack' and the 30th Anniv stuff. And then another 20 bucks for Lightfall+Season Pass (base Lightfall is not on sale thus more expensive).

So 46 bucks, which is missing I guess the Witch Queen dungeons but those I think would be on the cross-play account if you already own them. The base price of the 2023 Collection is 60 bucks. Not unreasonable to think that the new pack might be 60 bucks as well if it's not on sale at launch, in which case it would be better to buy now as by that theory it would be 14 bucks cheaper and include 2 of the 4 dungeons rather than 0 of 4 with the 2024 pack.

I don't remember if for instance the 2023 pack was on sale immediately after the launch of Lightfall. If the new pack launches on sale then presumably it would be a better deal.

All the seasonal content from the year of Lightfall is now officially toast if that's what you mean. The post-campaign stuff that's a part of Lightfall itself will still exist, so that's a few exotic weapon quests, and the like.

ultrazilla

Known issues for TFS.

Final Shape Launch Vital Info. and Known Issues​

20h - Destiny Player Support​

Before the first day of The Final Shape begins, we want players to be aware of certain information and issues we are already investigating:

• Players progressing through The Final Shape campaign in a fireteam should avoid joining missions in-progress or swapping characters during the campaign to ensure progress is correctly recorded.
  • PC players with 3D audio enabled will not get any audio output from the game.
    • As a temporary workaround, players with Windows Sonic for Headphones, Dolby Atmos, or any other 3D audio setting enabled in their Windows Spatial Sound settings should switch the setting to Off when playing the game.
  • The "Leaving The Final Shape Campaign" pop-up is displaying placeholder art.
  • Activating Prismatic Hunter's Blink Dagger super while mid-Grapple causes the player to fall.
  • The Solar Hunter’s “Knock ‘Em Down” aspect does not increase the number of Blade Barrage projectiles.
  • The ability description for the Hunter Arc Staff super does not mention that the three-attack combo or ground slam attack applies Blind.
  • The description for the Deconstruct perk does not reflect the recent change made in Update 8.0.0.1. Deconstruct now refills ammo from reserves.
  • Vestiges won't auto-convert into a Memory item if another Memory item is in your inventory. Players must obtain another Vestige after the Memory is used for Vestiges to convert into another Memory.
  • Some old seasonal currencies and items from Seasons 20-23 will not be automatically removed.
  • Khvostov 7G 0X's trait "Eyes Up, Guardian" incorrectly states that the ricochet shots deal more damage.
  • Players who were tracking Triumphs that were vaulted with the launch of The Final Shape cannot untrack them.
  • During The Final Shape campaign, if players do not open the final chest in The Blooming Deep Lost Sector before the cutscene plays, the loot will be lost.
  • When Warlocks pick up a Stasis Shard with the Glacial Harvest aspect equipped, they will not be granted healing.
  • The Berserker’s Bladefury super does not consistently apply Woven Mail to allies on super cast when combined with Into The Fray aspect.
This article will not be updated after The Final Shape launches tomorrow (view our timeline for launch information); instead, we will be updating our Top Issues article (when it's live) as issues arise.
As always, we will be monitoring player reports on our Help Forum, so please let us know of any issues you may hit during the campaign and post-campaign.

I was expecting multiple pages of issues but I'm pleasantly surprised it doesn't seem *that* bad.

I emphasized the one I feel would suck to miss. Make sure you grab that loot quick!!

LordCBH

9UfNrRQ.jpeg

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I’ll be playing tomorrow night when I get back from work.

Excited AF to finish the fight.

Dthomp

Jesus, what a shitshow today. Game has been pretty much unplayable most of the day. 10 years of terrible launches, can't wait for sony to clean house on upper management at Bungie

I started after work around 2pm PST. took about 10 minutes before being able to get in. afterwards I keep getting "contacting Destiny servers" and I also got booted back to orbit a few times. and I also had trouble getting into some missions and had to keep trying before there's finally spot for me to squeez in I guess. I did 4 or 5 missions now and it's been pretty interesting. I like the design of the Pale Heart. very cool visually and there are enough different areas to make things not feel the same. Prismatic is cool also. I don't have many aspects and fragments of it unlocked right now so I'm just kinda sticking with a Void/Stasis build on my Warlock. but even then it works pretty well and I'm having fun with it. I do however dislike that there are some enemies along the mission that you HAVE to use Prismatic to deal with or you can't kill them at all. will report more later on once I advance far enough.

Raven117

Gold Member
Got in and played the first mission.

Felt good to be back. And I liked the re-introduction.

Don’t know where this is headed, but it’s already better than all of lightfall.

didn't get to play until kinda late today, but still was able to advance the story and got to the "final boss", so to speak. died a few times and couldn't get pass the 2nd stage. gona come back and get on it fresh tomorrow.

I haven't played Destiny 2 since the Witch Queen, was playing daily until then. I completely skipped Lightfall, I was keeping all three classes up to the light level before then.

it looks like they were all bumped to 1900 and I just purchased Final shape.

is 1900 good enough for legendary campaign? what activities should I be doing? I want to do the lightfall story and unlock that stuff but I know the game is going to push me into the Final shape campaign.

thanks!

Last edited:
1900 good enough for legendary campaign? what activities should I be doing? I want to do the lightfall story and unlock that stuff but I know the game is going to push me into the Final shape campaign.

thanks!

I had not check the Light Fall stuff lately but they should still be at the light level of when they first came out. so 1900 should be perfectly fine to head into it. you'll still be level restricted to a degree so it's not like it's a complete walk in the park. if you solo the campaign on legendary, they'll also give you double the loot including upgrade modules. the same goes for Final Shape campaign. if you solo legendary, you'll get a full set of 1960 gear when you finish. that'll put you pass the soft cap of 1940. this season's powerful cap is 1990 and the pinnacle cap is 2000, just for reference.

I had not check the Light Fall stuff lately but they should still be at the light level of when they first came out. so 1900 should be perfectly fine to head into it. you'll still be level restricted to a degree so it's not like it's a complete walk in the park. if you solo the campaign on legendary, they'll also give you double the loot including upgrade modules. the same goes for Final Shape campaign. if you solo legendary, you'll get a full set of 1960 gear when you finish. that'll put you pass the soft cap of 1940. this season's powerful cap is 1990 and the pinnacle cap is 2000, just for reference.
Thank you so much for the reply! appreciate it.

HoodWinked

Gold Member
I haven't played Destiny 2 since the Witch Queen, was playing daily until then. I completely skipped Lightfall, I was keeping all three classes up to the light level before then.

it looks like they were all bumped to 1900 and I just purchased Final shape.

is 1900 good enough for legendary campaign? what activities should I be doing? I want to do the lightfall story and unlock that stuff but I know the game is going to push me into the Final shape campaign.

thanks!
Legend campaign isn't a light level enabled activity so your level doesn't matter. Use the fireteam finder if you want to run it in a group.

finally solo finished the campaign on legend yesterday. overall it's pretty fun and enjoyable both in terms of the gameplay and the visuals. there are some parts I don't like about the story itself but nothing too major. the "final boss" took me quite a few attempts to get pass but I enjoy it despite all the deaths. was able to finished the new quest for the exotic sword also but got the perk from the Colony where I would spawn insect nades after a sword kill. not the most ideal but at least I can keep farming it for better rolls in the future. will try to see if I can find any LFG to do the contest raid for today and tomorrow. not sure what I should bring thou because they really nerfed the hell out of Well. maybe Prismatic or Stasis I guess, we'll see.

I havent played in 2 years. Got Lightfall for free off of PS Plus last month and bought the new expansion. Should I go through Lightfall first to get Strand or just start with the The Final Shape Campaign?

I havent played in 2 years. Got Lightfall for free off of PS Plus last month and bought the new expansion. Should I go through Lightfall first to get Strand or just start with the The Final Shape Campaign?

if you're not in a hurry, I would suggest doing Lightfall first. it's story might not be all that good, but the gameplay and the Strand classic is good.

clarky

Gold Member
I've done the same but Started with Witch queen. WQ was great, im on the last mission of Lightfall and its probabily one of my worst Destiny experiences. I have still not got strand proper, the main area looks like shit and the checkpoints are brutal. Its almost made me put the game down again.

I'd say just go right into the final shape and go back for Strand after.

Edit: I wish i could strangle this retarded 9ft silver cunt with my bare hands. He/they whatever speak so fucking annoying, like a 12 year old mong. The script is absolutely shocking.

Last edited:

Dthomp

if you're not in a hurry, I would suggest doing Lightfall first. it's story might not be all that good, but the gameplay and the Strand classic is good.

As much as it pains me since LF is bad, you should do it first, helps give some insight on some of the characters current arcs and Strand is very much worth unlocking to have for use in the new campaign

I watched until pretty late last night when most of the team had gotten to the last stage, but had to go to bed. kinda ironic that none of the big streamers got it done first and it's a team from down under that's not streaming did it. I was hoping Datto would win but congrats to the Aussie team. can't wait to see that cut scene and do the 12 man fight.

LordCBH

I watched until pretty late last night when most of the team had gotten to the last stage, but had to go to bed. kinda ironic that none of the big streamers got it done first and it's a team from down under that's not streaming did it. I was hoping Datto would win but congrats to the Aussie team. can't wait to see that cut scene and do the 12 man fight.

The 12 man mission was dope as hell.

HoodWinked

Gold Member
It's really nuts how perfectly Bungie balanced the difficulty of the raid. Only one team beat it in under 24 hrs.

Which makes the 12 man activity intro even more fitting, where Zavala even says one fireteam was able to break through and damage the witness.

I don't understand why anyone likes Datto. He's like if soymilk were a person. Doesn't help that his Twitch chat has the cringiest weirdos and copypastas.

So, sorry, I had a good laugh that he didn't win. Bonus laughs for streaming, but not showing the gameplay. LMAO.

Looks like he did finally clear it though after going to sleep. Honestly should have gone to bed as soon as world's first was confirmed. Dumb to continue sleep deprived like that when you got a 48-hour window to clear the thing.

I don't understand why anyone likes Datto. He's like if soymilk were a person. Doesn't help that his Twitch chat has the cringiest weirdos and copypastas.

So, sorry, I had a good laugh that he didn't win. Bonus laughs for streaming, but not showing the gameplay. LMAO.

Looks like he did finally clear it though after going to sleep. Honestly should have gone to bed as soon as world's first was confirmed. Dumb to continue sleep deprived like that when you got a 48-hour window to clear the thing.

I find Datto likeable overall. he does good tips and guides when he does make them. and he's one of the earliest and biggest Destiny streamer, so naturally the chance of having more noticable weirdos in his chat is higher. I don't hold it against him. and it's not like he's the only one not showing gameplay during that final stretch. out of the 4 streaming teams that's at that final race for the kill, 3 had their screens basically blacked out. I do agree that he shoulda gone to bed as soon as world 1st had been confirmed thou. it would benefit anyone under that circumstances to get some rest and come back fresh.

And what do we think of Frontiers? Is it D3?

I highly doubt Frontier will be Destiny 3. it still has the Destiny 2 logo with the big "2" right next to it after all. it's probably storyline about getting out of our solar system into deeper space.

New vex enemy model !!

I wasn't really looking all that carefully and thought the shadow figure on the cover is female until I watch the video with sound turn on. I was hoping it would be Failsafe somehow upgraded to have a body or something. but in any case, I'm down for all the new stuff. still need to get all the Prismatic fragments and the exotic stuff thou, so no hurry on that.

Last edited:

Raven117

Gold Member
TFS is the best narrative Destiny has ever done. (Yes, it pulls from alot of previous stuff to give context). But its great. I kinda cant believe they stuck the landing. But here we are.

Raven117

Gold Member
They did? It’s worth jumping back in?
Oh, I think if you were ever a Destiny fan, its probably worth it. I enjoyed the whole campaign start to finish. No filler. Great pacing. Real themes. Banger of a last mission. The campaign missions can be tough, even on normal difficulty and that's a good thing (most of the time). Though, sometimes the fights drag on a bit too long, or they put too many bosses in a mission.

Still, I think its a great way to wrap up the 10 year story.

I agree with a line from the Gamestop review, "this feels like this is the Destiny Bungie wanted to make from the beginning." I had that exact same thought going through the last mission.

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Oh, I think if you were ever a Destiny fan, its probably worth it. I enjoyed the whole campaign start to finish. No filler. Great pacing. Real themes. Banger of a last mission. The campaign missions can be tough, even on normal difficulty and that's a good thing (most of the time). Though, sometimes the fights drag on a bit too long, or they put too many bosses in a mission.

Still, I think its a great way to wrap up the 10 year story.

I agree with a line from the Gamestop review, "this feels like this is the Destiny Bungie wanted to make from the beginning." I had that exact same thought going through the last mission.
Oh boy, I guess I should grab it then. I’m glad I merged my ps5 account with my pc one to carry over my duder before I let my plusxexpire. I’ll probably grab it later this week.

Raven117

Gold Member
Oh boy, I guess I should grab it then. I’m glad I merged my ps5 account with my pc one to carry over my duder before I let my plusxexpire. I’ll probably grab it later this week.
Here is the review thread. https://www.neogaf.com/threads/destiny-2-the-final-shape-review-thread.1671747/

The community seems pretty positive on it as well. Don't know about what the end game will look like and all that, but I enjoyed that campaign (about 10-12 hours) and it was worth 50 bucks to me.

Shubh_C63

The new mission to acquire the exotic class item is so good. It's like a two man raid. It requires two players. No more, no less.
I heard it requires mic to complete. Well, silent solo players like me can fuck off.
No way my friends are buying Destiny again after what happened with Lightfall. LFG-India is slim.

I heard it requires mic to complete. Well, silent solo players like me can fuck off.
No way my friends are buying Destiny again after what happened with Lightfall. LFG-India is slim.
You definitely need communication. There's a lot of symbol callouts from the vow of the disciple raid. Each player has a different buff and can see things the other one can't.
I guess you can make do with text chat. Me and friend used it in one of the encounters.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Well… is the same as on pass worth it? I’m flip flopping on getting it. I didn’t play the last season at all as I was just burnt out on the game. I hate the fomo stuff.

It’s $125 for the bundle here in Canada.

So i just finished the beyond light campaign and grinding the exotic quests and post campaign stuff before moving to witch queen. Am i right in assuming the seasonal story stuff is pretty much lost forever in game. Not even the cutscenes survive?

Top Bottom