• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny: Ghost Edition revealed [Collector's]

Shadownet

Banned
Whatever. I just got a bit screwed by Gamestop the other day, so the classification stands.

Anyway, I just noticed that the LE doesn't get the Golden Age relics of the Collector's. I thought the only difference was the Ghost replica.

I got screwed by Best Buy on a Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance Limited Edition. They sold my reserved copy to someone else. Despite me coming at 10 am in the morning on the day it came out.

But that doesn't stop me from shopping there. You kinda sound like a pissed off for something probably very insignificant.

I got screwed by Best Buy on a Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance Limited Edition. They sold my reserved copy to someone else. Despite me coming at 10 am in the morning on the day it came out.

But that doesn't stop me from shopping there. You kinda sound like a pissed off for something probably very insignificant.

Thank you, internet psychologist! And if you continue to go back to places that fuck you over, when better places exist to spend your money, I'm happy for you.

Shadownet

Banned
Thank you, internet psychologist! And if you continue to go back to places that fuck you over, when better places exist to spend your money, I'm happy for you.

People make mistakes, that doesn't mean I should condemn the entire Best Buy franchise because an employee made a mistake.

and yes, you do sounds like an angry little child. But do what you like, it seem like very little will get through to you.

People make mistakes, that doesn't mean I should condemn the entire Best Buy franchise because an employee made a mistake.

and yes, you do sounds like an angry little child. But do what you like, it seem like very little will get through to you.

Really?! I could say the same to you. Just fuck off.

Shadownet

Banned
Really?! I could say the same to you. Just fuck off.

giphy.gif

Goretrail

When I pre ordered the ghost edition at best buy the first thing that popped up was in store pick up asking me for my zip. Odd.

When I pre ordered the ghost edition at best buy the first thing that popped up was in store pick up asking me for my zip. Odd.

A few web stores are programmed so that if you aren't within "x" radius of a store then the pickup option is disabled. This is supposed to be helpful, but rarely is.

Amon-Lau

Got my Destiny Limited Edition (Beta Code) from Amazon.UK, in case anyone else was waiting for 'em check your emails~ :3

Nephtes

I just want to know if anyone can confirm that the Digital Guardian Edition is NOT coming to the Xbox One...
I can't get Bungie or Gamestop to tell me anything regarding it.

Mentok

Banned
I was going to pre-order the LE, but I think I'll just stick to the regular edition and get a season pass (originally thought the LE came with the season pass). As much as I'd love the steelbook cover, I couldn't care less about all the other "bonus" content from the LE (and I just can't justify spending for that beautiful Ghost edition).

I was interested to see that the UK Ghost edition (exclusive to GAME UK) appears to have sold out online. Not sure if instore still have stock.

Who was stupid enought to pre-order those for £150??!

I was

I was going to pre-order the LE, but I think I'll just stick to the regular edition and get a season pass (originally thought the LE came with the season pass). As much as I'd love the steelbook cover, I couldn't care less about all the other "bonus" content from the LE (and I just can't justify spending for that beautiful Ghost edition).

Lol the LE does in fact include the season pass dude. So it's only $5 more than buying the game and the pass separately.

From Amazon product page in case you're in disbelief:

Humanity has been searching the ruins of our Golden Age for Guardians – heroes capable of wielding Light as a weapon. You have just been found and given a vital mission: defend our home, drive back the forces of Darkness, find a way to awaken the Traveler, and Become Legend.

Contents
Limited Edition SteelBook Case and Game Disc, Guardian Folio, Arms and Armament Field Guide, Postcards from the Golden Age, Antique Star Chart, Expansion Pass and Digital Content

Basically people buying the Ghost edition are paying $50 for the talking ghost paperweight thingy.

Skele7on

Banned
I was interested to see that the UK Ghost edition (exclusive to GAME UK) appears to have sold out online. Not sure if instore still have stock.

Who was stupid enought to pre-order those for £150??!

I was

Wow Xbox one stock is gone.. had to check as I didn't believe you!

But yeah I was I pre ordered on both platforms.

Now to decide which one I want, although I'm leaning heavily toward PS4 due to content.

Although will buy a version on both!

Rosur

Wow Xbox one stock is gone.. had to check as I didn't believe you!

But yeah I was I pre ordered on both platforms.

Now to decide which one I want, although I'm leaning heavily toward PS4 due to content.

Although will buy a version on both!

Surprised the Xbox One version is out of stock before the PS4 version... Guess they must have more PS4 Ghost editions.

Surprised the Xbox One version is out of stock before the PS4 version... Guess they must have more PS4 Ghost editions.

That's an interesting point. I wonder if they produced more limited PS4 editions (generally) thatn XBO. I would have assumed so but it depends on what they thought their high end market would have been. I think I have convinced myself that they produced the same amount of Ghost editions for both platforms.

Bookmarked for when they announce what the run on the Ghost products was!

broony

I'm getting the ghost version but I want to get the game digitally as well. Has anyone managed to confirm, that if you have a digital copy, and enter in the codes from the ghost edition, that the exclusive content will be available in your digital copy?

I expect it should but would be nice to get confirmation.

LAA

Jeez, noticed Ghost Edition is out of stock on Game UK now.

Jeez UKians... No wonder we get ripped off, people will pay no matter what. Wish we'd grow a backbone at times like this and just blank them, cause $150=£150? That's just too far over the line for me.

RAIDEN1

As someone else mentioned in another thread, those who are getting the PS4 destiny bundle we could have at least had the limited edition as a pack in!

SAiLO

I really don't get the point of these limited supply editions. Hopefully more go into production. If they can make money off it, why not.

The whole point of Limited Editon is limited availability. Owning a rare item makes you cherish it more and feel more special.

Just like owning a legendary weapon in Destiny. Makes you feel special.

Jeez, noticed Ghost Edition is out of stock on Game UK now.

Jeez UKians... No wonder we get ripped off, people will pay no matter what. Wish we'd grow a backbone at times like this and just blank them, cause $150=£150? That's just too far over the line for me.

This. I was so tempted to get it but so many gamers barely have any backbone...and I don't want to be one of them. Gamers never learn the fact that we talk with our wallets. Chuck your money at certain companies and they'll butt fuck you.

Vooduu

Called around 5 bestbuys and gave them the SKU number. No dice, they're not accepting anymore pre-orders. My mileage sucks.

Top Bottom