• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

Rtas

So after grouping with randoms who weren't that great I had to sherpa a bit, I have officially unlocked flawless raider from 390 mode vault of glass. So unbelievably happy to have gotten the achievement on my favorite raid in this game. Now just to get hard mode aksis and the couple of grindy ones done and thats 100% baby

Frostburn

Man after everything we've been through in Destiny it feels weird moving on but at the same time I'm super excited for a fresh start and playing alongside DGAF again in Destiny 2, see you on the other side guardians it won't be long now!

traveler

Not Wario
Hmm, debating buying Rise of Iron just to try Wrath of the Machine. Guess I wouldn't be anywhere close to light level before tomorrow and there's no way I'm sticking around once D2 launches. :/

Maybe we'll get a Destiny equivalent of timewalking someday.

ramyeon

That's going to be a long wait...
Heh. Well I'm at work till 5, then gym, then dinner and then jumping on for VoG at 9:30PM so it won't be too bad ;)

Speaking of raids. Had my best Hard Wrath raid yet the other night. Under one hour. Time officially was stamped as 1 hour 3 minutes but we spent at least 10 minutes in the first part of the raid waiting on a fireteam member to come online.

BLCKATK

It's only fitting that today is the day that I finally managed to get my platinum(first one ever).

Even this late in the game people are at hand to help out others. Thanks Deafmedal for organising the flawless raid and then helping me get the 20 relics in salvage.

It only took 3 years bit I finally made it to Guardian Lord.

Ty

I'm glad I was able to be apart of that and also reach Guardian Lord myself! Feels good man :>

Ballistic

It's only fitting that today is the day that I finally managed to get my platinum(first one ever).

Even this late in the game people are at hand to help out others. Thanks Deafmedal for organising the flawless raid and then helping me get the 20 relics in salvage.

It only took 3 years bit I finally made it to Guardian Lord.

Ty

I'm glad I was able to be apart of that and also reach Guardian Lord myself! Feels good man :>

I too, took all 3 years to reach guardian lord on seemingly the last day. Thanks go out to deafmedal, azys, mcarkus, Harlan, and zombie-mortar. I'm not max grimiore but I'm only short 2 from PVP.

Just starting a new character now to practice bumper jumper before I try change over tomorrow for 2.

Never played Titan before.

Love the intro.

Skeletron

If anyone is up for Crota normal, King's Fall, or WotM, we have 4, need 2 more! Anyone still on D1 right now?

PSN

Traxus12
King_and_Clown
Gutz
ARES
______

Born2Live

Awesome, congratulations Ty!
Thanks Ruthless. Hopefully it doesn't take me three years to reach Guardian Lord in D2

Congrats. Wouldn't of felt right not getting the Guardian Lord after over 1000 hours.
I too, took all 3 years to reach guardian lord on seemingly the last day. Thanks go out to deafmedal, azys, mcarkus, Harlan, and zombie-mortar. I'm not max grimiore but I'm only short 2 from PVP.
Congrats :). Don't think I'm anyway near max grimiore, I wanted to max over the summer but haven't really had the time.

aarcane

I was never that good at the crucible, but one of the things I always liked about Destiny was the opportunity to get some cool-looking kills. There were few things more satisfying than popping my super and going to town.

So, here's a scrubby montage I took from some random Xbox clips and crudely hacked together in Upload Studio. Don't expect anything that resembles skill, just a handful of moments that made a mediocre PvP player feel better about himself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHOQsqDkTXI

I'm going to miss my Arc Blade.

aarcane

Sentinel seems very like arc blade, from my limited time with the PS4 beta.

Yeah, that will probably be my first/main subclass on my Titan. Will go Voidwalker first for Warlock because that Devour ability sounds cool. Gunslinger for Hunter for orb production and the simple pleasures of throwing knives and popping Golden Gun.

It's fun being that guy who just gets into Destiny 1 a few days before the sequel comes out. Moving onto the Black Garden Story Mission tonight, done a few strikes with randoms and had a ball. What a great game, with a great shooter feel. Kinda bummed I may never do the Raids (no fireteam, friends don't play), but still loving it.

Number45

It's fun being that guy who just gets into Destiny 1 a few days before the sequel comes out. Moving onto the Black Garden Story Mission tonight, done a few strikes with randoms and had a ball. What a great game, with a great shooter feel. Kinda bummed I may never do the Raids (no fireteam, friends don't play), but still loving it.
What platform? I have no intention of deleting Destiny 1 until the servers are offline, don't be surprised if it's possible to get a team up for a raid at some point.

I still haven't given up hope of that HM WotM trophy!

What platform? I have no intention of deleting Destiny 1 until the servers are offline, don't be surprised if it's possible to get a team up for a raid at some point.

I'm with #45. Will be keeping D1 installed so happy to help with raids if on PS4. Vault of Glass is one of my favourite missions of any game I've played. Always cool to see people's first experience of it.

Flipside

Looking forward to returning to Destiny tomorrow. I was on the fence about getting the PC version but decided to go for PS4 again. Preload is ready so I'm good to go.

What's the best way to go about picking a clan/guild? In Destiny 1 I had a lot of fun raiding with DGaf members (silver, mindlog, glam, hedera, etc.) but there are so many clans to choose from now and everyone is spread out amongst them it seems.

When I work out what clan to join I'm really good to go I guess.

Progenitor is looking for more players on Xbox One. We're a laid back clan that's been around since the early days of Destiny and cleared pretty much everything D1 had to offer. We'll be focusing primarily on PvE but we'll take players of all kinds. With the benefits of being in a clan in D2 being so prominent, were looking for anyone that can hold their own in the Destiny, is generally a decent person and wants to play D2 for an extended period of time.

Click the image above to join. If you have any questions, feel free to let me know. See you all in-game soon!

I still haven't given up hope of that HM WotM trophy!

The ๖ۜBronx;247942289 said:
I'm with #45. Will be keeping D1 installed so happy to help with raids if on PS4. Vault of Glass is one of my favourite missions of any game I've played. Always cool to see people's first experience of it.

PS4. :) I don't know what my PSN username is, lol. It might be Stupacabra

KiDdYoNe

So after grouping with randoms who weren't that great I had to sherpa a bit, I have officially unlocked flawless raider from 390 mode vault of glass. So unbelievably happy to have gotten the achievement on my favorite raid in this game. Now just to get hard mode aksis and the couple of grindy ones done and thats 100% baby

I have a checkpoint on last WoTM HM boss if you just wanna trophy.

aarcane

Thought I'd share a few firsts and favourites while we're waiting.

First legendary gun: Super Pox VLO

BzGw6uh.jpg

I thought Destiny would only be a stopgap until Halo: MCC released. I played Destiny for about a month after launch, didn't get very far after hitting level 20 then went on holiday. When I got back, Halo: MCC released and we all know what happened with that. After spending too much time hoping that thing would work, I picked up Destiny again. Bungie, bless them, decided to send a legendary gun to the postmaster as a "hey, start playing again" incentive. It worked. This was a two-burst monster in the crucible.

First exotic gun: Ice Breaker

bqsibxp.jpg

Bought from Xur after managing to get enough strange coins. More than worth it. Helped me through so many nightfalls and raids in Y1.

First raid weapon drop: Found Verdict

mPKmoFN.jpg

After the PvE shotgun buff, this was amazing. Took out those damn yellow-bar captains during the Skolas encounter with ease. Also bloody effective as my first choice shotgun in PvP, until I got this filthy thing:

2WTQAka.jpg

Yes, that Surrounded perk used to be Shot Package. I'm not sorry.

Favourite sniper: LDR 5001

IkBASP1.jpg

Before you judge me for liking a Final Round sniper, let me say that I never knowingly abused that perk in the crucible. Believe it or not. I'm a compulsive reloader in PvP, so would rarely get to that deadly last bullet.

In PvE, it was a different story. Six rounds with Field Scout, extra damage on the final round, then a near-instant reload thanks to Spray and Play and raid gauntlets with a secondary weapon reload perk. If I didn't have Black Hammer and Ice Breaker, I'd have used this for all long-range PvE activities.

This particular LDR dropped from a nightfall. As soon as I told my fireteam which perks were on this, they said I should never delete it. One of them said "If Destiny had trading, I'd give you three Gjallarhorns for that".

Most wanted weapon - Part 1: Gjallarhorn

rsiPD1u.jpg

In Year 1, I thought I'd never get one of these. It felt like I'd constantly see it drop for others in the crucible, nightfalls and raids. Oh, the salt. It got so bad that fireteam members would actually apologise to me if a Gjallarhorn dropped for them. Usually because it was the fifth or sixth time they'd got one.

Then came the glorious day when that rat bastard Xur sold it for the second time. I bought it and used it for everything until the wolfpack rounds were nerfed. Worth the wait.

Most wanted weapon - Part 2: Thorn

VnqTUna.jpg

The word "frustration" doesn't go far enough. I wasn't good at PvP, had no decent void weapons and was a hunter (no void abilities at the time) trying to complete the crucible part of the Y1 Thorn bounty. After a seemingly endless time using crap blue and green guns to get this done, I was so pissed off with crucible that I didn't play a single match for a couple of months. If friends wanted to do some Iron Banner after a raid, I'd make my excuses and farm public events or something like that instead.

I didn't even know this was the most hated primary of the time; I just knew I wanted it because it looked cool. That's what happens when you main a hunter, I suppose.

Anyway, I started playing crucible again because my brothers nagged me into it. Pairing the Thorn with the scumbag roll Matador above, I became part of the problem for a while. Again, not sorry.

Favourite armour set (hunter): Iron Companion

A6dhmp0.jpg

Y2 Iron Banner. Still looks great to me. Wasn't too keen on the wolf cloak that went with it though, preferred the Mantle of Gheleon as an IB class item.

Favourite community: DestinyGAF

But you already knew that.

4UCd6wa.jpg

Don't have many screenshots or clips of my time playing with DGAF. But plenty of great memories. Then there's all the good advice and everything else on here (and Discord). I wouldn't have spent half as much time playing the game if it wasn't for all you wonderful people. So thank you.

Hope to meet you all again in D2!

vctor182

Will we ever know all the VoG? I think Luke hinted that there were some secrets left... ahh well, it's been great playing with you guys and I'm hoping to keep playing in Destiny 2.

shingi70

Banned
If Run Through WOTM right now and beat it for the first time will it effect that thing at Tue start of D2. I'm assuming G that stuff is locked in from August

Print_Dog

I'm just getting back in too. Add me on PSN Print_Dog. Willing to help with whatever.

I don't want to junk up the D2 thread, but there's something I've been thinking about lately that's been gnawing at me.

Halo 1, 2, 3, and Reach are by far my favorite console-exclusive games. I've been primarily a PC gamer since I was a kid, but I LOVE the 'combat puzzle' design of Halo campaigns, especially on Heroic or Legendary.

I played probably about 5 hours of Destiny 1 and the PC beta of Destiny 2. Both games just seem so bitterly disappointing to me. It feels like I'm in a shooting gallery just shooting targets as they pop up, instead of having to think about my approach to combat like in the Halo games.

If I give Destiny 2 an honest shot, is there anything in there that will rekindle my love of Halo's combat encounter design?

LiK

I don't want to junk up the D2 thread, but there's something I've been thinking about lately that's been gnawing at me.

Halo 1, 2, 3, and Reach are by far my favorite console-exclusive games. I've been primarily a PC gamer since I was a kid, but I LOVE the 'combat puzzle' design of Halo campaigns, especially on Heroic or Legendary.

I played probably about 5 hours of Destiny 1 and the PC beta of Destiny 2. Both games just seem so bitterly disappointing to me. It feels like I'm in a shooting gallery just shooting targets as they pop up, instead of having to think about my approach to combat like in the Halo games.

If I give Destiny 2 an honest shot, is there anything in there that will rekindle my love of Halo's combat encounter design?

I've played a good chunk of the campaign and I can honestly tell you that D2's story levels and combat encounters are on the level of old Bungie and Halo. It's that good. Def worth playing. Some set pieces def reminded me of Halo when I was playing it last night.

I've played a good chunk of the campaign and I can honestly tell you that D2's story levels and combat encounters are on the level of old Bungie and Halo. It's that good. Def worth playing. Some set pieces def reminded me of Halo when I was playing it last night.

Completed campaign last night and just said to my work colleague that it felt like playing Halo during some of the missions

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Everyone probably moved on to D2, but I finally gave D1 another shot after 3 years. Have the expansions except Rise of Iron(will get on next sale) but am looking/hoping some here in the community are still on for some runs. Would at least like to experience the content once before eventually moving the sequel.

Currently Level 20 and just reached Mars.
PSN: NoDepth

Also how do you join a GAF clan?

So uh am I going crazy or did Bungie remove the grimoire from the app and website? That would be a massive shit move considering the complete lack of lore in Destiny 2. Also there is no way to access your Destiny 1 vault or character from the app that I can see. Basically fuck all Destiny 1 players buy our new shit.

Juan

So uh am I going crazy or did Bungie remove the grimoire from the app and website? That would be a massive shit move considering the complete lack of lore in Destiny 2. Also there is no way to access your Destiny 1 vault or character from the app that I can see. Basically fuck all Destiny 1 players buy our new shit.

I reacted the same way a few minutes ago. I was looking for some stats regarding D1 warlock armors, but I couldn't find anything on Bungie.net.

Checked some old links to the D1 armory on Bungie.net, dead link.

Thanks Bungie for killing D1 this way...

So uh am I going crazy or did Bungie remove the grimoire from the app and website?

May I introduce you to Ishtar Collective?

All the grimoire and a much better presentation than b.net. Full search, compiled with similar subjects, mission transcripts and more.

That would be a massive shit move considering the complete lack of lore in Destiny 2.

Grimoire is in the game now, on exotics, raid gear, and much more. These descriptions are available via the API and I would expect to see them on Isthar Collective soon. So don't think that there's a "complete lack" in Destiny 2.

Also there is no way to access your Destiny 1 vault or character from the app that I can see. Basically fuck all Destiny 1 players buy our new shit.

Bungie has deprecated D1 support through Bungie.net, but the API for gear is still active. Check out Destiny Item Manager. It was better than Bungie.net anyway.

Xur comes today in d1, right? I know he isnt here until next week in d2. Anyone know where he is?

Xur is selling: [Exotic Gear: Legacy Engram, An Insurmountable Skullfort [Q97%], ATS/8 Tarantella [Q83%], Sunbreakers [Q88%], Dragon's Breath] [Weapon Bundles: Hawkmoon and Moonglow, Zhalo Supercell and Shock Hazard]. Xur is located at: The Reef

Megatron

Xur is selling: [Exotic Gear: Legacy Engram, An Insurmountable Skullfort [Q97%], ATS/8 Tarantella [Q83%], Sunbreakers [Q88%], Dragon's Breath] [Weapon Bundles: Hawkmoon and Moonglow, Zhalo Supercell and Shock Hazard]. Xur is located at: The Reef

Oh cool, thanks! What do the q97%, q88% etc mean?

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!

I reacted the same way a few minutes ago. I was looking for some stats regarding D1 warlock armors, but I couldn't find anything on Bungie.net.

Checked some old links to the D1 armory on Bungie.net, dead link.

Thanks Bungie for killing D1 this way...

I am very disappointed as well as someone new to the game and wanted to track my grimoires and lore reveals with progression.

I get the removal though. This isn't a fee based game, and maintaining servers and logic hooks for what is effectively now an obsolete experience with the reset button and population transferring to the sequel. It makes sense, but it sucks.

Not implementing them into a game codex was a mistake that wont be forgotten. So aggravating that I keep getting pop-ups reminding me to visit the app or website for exposition that no longer exists. They really handled this transition about as poorly as they could.

Shame as they could have really drew back audiences this year in the lead up to D2 by taking a bit of time with an update. A final farewell mission with a wink and nod to the sequel, all while unhooking the servers gracefully and implementing the grimoire database(inspire players to collect them for a dumb cosmetic freebie in the sequel). But that is just my marketing sense talking.

Top Bottom