• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF - RDR on Switch: better than Xbox 360, comparable to PS4

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
chris-farley-mind-blown.gif

Reactions: KU_

intbal

Weird approach by Tom in this video.

"Switch beats 360! Another one!"
and
"Waaaah! Playstation got screwed!"

The quality of his analyses has dropped off a cliff in the past year.

YCoCg

Gold Member

and

How did you come to that conclusion? The fact that its better than the Xbox 360 version (previously the best version) is a good thing but what this also shows is that the PS4 version is literally just a port of the Switch version with slightly better shadows, AF and FSR2.2 AA. The Switch unlocked can run this game around 50-60fps so naturally the PS4 should be able to do that and the PS5 could've pissed it with ease but Rockstar didn't ask Double 11 to do that.

Tsaki

and

It just shows the poor porting job that the studio did. PS4Pro (and PS5) might be the definitive edition of the game, but it's still a very low bar.

Last edited:
Reactions: TLZ

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Man, we really need a PC port. Glad the Switch port turned out as it should considering Wii U should’ve beat Xbox 360 as well. But that can’t be my only option.

YCoCg

Gold Member
Man, we really need a PC port.
Until a PC port happens this at least gives PC Gamers a better option, running this on Yuzu (or other Switch emulators) provides better results than Xenia or RPCS3, and best of all you can brute force higher AF (one of the negative points of the Switch version) and unlock the framerate to get 60fps by just pressing Ctrl + U.

If 4k is what you want then PS4 Pro/PS5 is just a tiny tad better as that version is also 4k but uses FSR2.2 for AA and has the better shadows, the winning point for the Xbox version is that it should be much cheaper to get and still has multiplayer.
Isn't the online mode also missing from both the Switch and PS4 ports?

zeldaring

Banned
In terms of image and framerate the PS4 Pro/PS5 version is. It is 4k native plus FSR2.2 for better AA.

I'm just messing around. Sadly he passed away a while back. Could still be a relative though.
Just watch some clips of the ninja movie, it was funny. wow he went young. RIP

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
Do you have a boner for this guy in your gifs or something?

I get it, but seeing someone post the same close up gifs of a mans face all the time, in almost every thread, just seems like a obsession

The best place is xbox lol way cheaper/4k and you don't have to deal with joycons that are made for hands for 7 year old.

Just watch some clips of the ninja movie, it was funny. wow he went young. RIP

Yea that would explain it. He seems like the kind of person that would be a zelda fanboy.

B54iqr.jpg

Dcr1d3r

Lmao...all good for the switch tho I suppose...but cmon rockstar, these ports should be 60 fps standard on all next gen consoles!

All this talk of "which is better?" crap bothered me back in the day. I had the PS3 version and it ran and looked just fine. Now I'm hearing it again and it's bullshit. The best version is the one you prefer, you warriors.

Top Bottom