• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rockstar is now trying to scam people into paying $50 for the Xbox 360 Read Dead Redemption

TVexperto

i
Those sick prices for some regions are the reason why i always used vpn to buy digital games when i was a console peasant.
fsH7QqM.jpg
if i buy it on argentia shop with my europan account can i play it or do i need to create new account?

It's just commercially accurate.
actually truth

I mean after a eg 70% sale the included games go back to their normal prices, too. Where is the outcry there?
I bought all my Move controllers right after they were abandoned as a PS3 accessory but before the price went up again due to becoming the VR controllers. Of course I got a sweet deal, because sellers thought they cleared their shelves and stock. Prices not necessarily reflect a true value even from physical products that can't be just digitally copied.
Gone with the Wind on BR costs also the same as Tenet and not automatically practically nothing because it's old and you could have made yourself a recording on VHS for decades now. Even some e-books you can get legally free cost money on the very same platform.
They naturally ask what they get away with. If they want to sell RDR again and stir up some attention of course they can ask seemingly blown up prices. Is it truly not worth the same as current games? Some bits are dated, but it is still a Rockstar quality game, right?
Some customers don't care anyway, and grown ups who care should be able to inform themselves how prices usually should go down over time unless it becomes some rare object and even a used price goes up.

LordCBH

This post should have been /endthread. But this entire forum has had a hard on for hating on this release. And I think literally every person who has hasn't even tried the port, just crying about pricing. Shame when this release is much better from the horribleeeee gta "remasters" or whatever and its going to sell like hot cakes, proving the price point is accurate for the market. Its like there is a giant collective of broke dudes and/or blind haters who NEED to hate this.

It’s a lazy fucking port. Why should people be happy with it? Because the GTA trilogy set was bad? So anything better than the GTA trilogy is amazing and should have no detractors right?

Nah. They’re asking $50/$60 for a fucking lazy port thst was likely made in about 4 months.

DaGwaphics

If it was from anyone else I'd be surprised. LOL

They make industry leading games and know they can get away with it, and the sad part is the gamers always do let them get away with it.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: K2D
It’s a lazy fucking port. Why should people be happy with it? Because the GTA trilogy set was bad? So anything better than the GTA trilogy is amazing and should have no detractors right?

Nah. They’re asking $50/$60 for a fucking lazy port thst was likely made in about 4 months.

LOL its so wild that so many people getting dramatic over this. Like how bout just dont buy the game lol

• Strength
Reactions: K2D

K2D

Banned
I've heard that R* are going to charge $120 MSRP for GTA 6, since you know, you're practically getting two games worth.

..and that there'll be cosmetic micro transactions for offline for the first time in the series history.

Also they are shying away from any sensitive topics this time around..

That does not apply to fictional conservative characters, problematic topics and general toxicity we see in real world society today, as they will be heavily ridiculed now more than ever. 🤡

(Source: trust me bro)

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
...Isn't this just the normal price?
The bundle has:
RDR = 30
Undead DLC = 10
RDR2 = 60
100 dollars
Hilarious. If that's true goes to show how dumb digital gamers are. But it makes sense. All those bullet points to support discs back in 2013 got thrown out the window when gamers realized they can save 12 seconds loading a game instead of putting a disc in the console.

Every company I've worked at, a bundle deal has to be cheaper. The retailer selling it will demand it and no customer is stupid enough to buy two bottles of shampoo in a double pack for regular price when they can cherry pick one unit at a time however they want.

But when you got gamers amped up on digital, mtx, $60 seasons passes etc.... every game maker might as well shotgun any dumbly priced product and see if it sticks.

Synless

And Nintendo?
What are they pulling?
I’ll bite. Let’s go game by game for Nintendo for HD remake/remasters.

You may very well be right but what game released did they either not bundle or release without added content to at least try to justify a price increase?

jm89

Makes me want to vomit seeing this on the top of the ps app trending list.

Gamers you disappoint me.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
...Isn't this just the normal price?
The bundle has:
RDR = 30
Undead DLC = 10
RDR2 = 60
100 dollars

John Candy No GIF by Laff

F3a082OXAAA3uhW

This is what I paid for it.

RDR2 is/was on sale for $19.99 last time I checked on both XBL and PSN (same price can be found on retail frequently).

Last edited:

Macaron

Banned
Dial back the personal attacks and discuss like an adult.

How do you know its lazy? Have you tried it? Or are you making my point about how the circle jerk of haters haven't even done that much? Cause honestly it looks and feels good so far.

You and everyone else crying like giant babies on the internet over the price could, you know, just not buy it and move on w your life? Hate to break it to you, but because YOU don't wanna pay $50 for a "lazy port", doesn't mean this isn't going to sell or anything is wrong here.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
How do you know its lazy? Have you tried it? Or are you making my point about how the circle jerk of haters haven't even done that much? Cause honestly it looks and feels good so far.

You and everyone else crying like giant babies on the internet over the price could, you know, just not buy it and move on w your life? Hate to break it to you, but because YOU don't wanna pay $50 for a "lazy port", doesn't mean this isn't going to sell or anything is wrong here.
You look and feel good so far

Close Up Flirting GIF
#

Solidus_T

Banned
This whole situation is made even worse by the fact that you can emulate the game at 60+fps but they still chose to release this for FIFTY USD!

NickFire

They sure don't mind alienating parts of their audience when there's a buck to be made. History says they're probably immune to any financial blowback from unchecked greed / hubris. But then again, the climate they will be launching GTA6 in is kind of uncharted waters for them. Might not be the best time to alienate any of the audience when they're probably going to be a lightning rod for criticism when it launches regardless.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
Probably some higher ups at T2 want to see some profits this quarter from Rockstar since they're taking more than 10 fucking years to get the next GTA out, which is embarrassing by itself already.
You know, that make sense. Business sense, of course. It's some slimeball shit, but all you have to do is politely decline and wait for/buy something that else that has a better perceived value. It's not hard. However, we have people that function on impulse and maybe even daddy's credit card. In short, people that enable this behavior from the corporations.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Hilarious. If that's true goes to show how dumb digital gamers are. But it makes sense. All those bullet points to support discs back in 2013 got thrown out the window when gamers realized they can save 12 seconds loading a game instead of putting a disc in the console.

Every company I've worked at, a bundle deal has to be cheaper. The retailer selling it will demand it and no customer is stupid enough to buy two bottles of shampoo in a double pack for regular price when they can cherry pick one unit at a time however they want.

But when you got gamers amped up on digital, mtx, $60 seasons passes etc.... every game maker might as well shotgun any dumbly priced product and see if it sticks.
There's the 12 seconds to load discs. Then there's the outlay of energy required to remove my lazy behind from a state of rest to manipulate discs and cases. Sometimes I don't want to clear the mountains of Cheeto dust that have accumulated on top of me to go to where the discs are.

Hudo

Gold Member
You know, that make sense. Business sense, of course. It's some slimeball shit, but all you have to do is politely decline and wait for/buy something that else that has a better perceived value. It's not hard. However, we have people that function on impulse and maybe even daddy's credit card. In short, people that enable this behavior from the corporations.
I mean, I would've probably bought it if it had come out on PC. But luckily, Rockstar spared me from this fate.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
I mean, I would've probably bought it if it had come out on PC. But luckily, Rockstar spared me from this fate.

I heard it runs pretty good on:

I have a BDR, so, I was thinking of going this route if I ever wanted to play it again. My PS3 sitting in it's launch box, collecting dust, over that YLOD.

mrmustard

Banned
i

i just checked prices and its just as expensive as on original eshop
I don't know what you looked up, but it's ARS 1.429,00 which is ~ 3,76 Euro. But you can also buy an Argentina key on Eneba or Gamivo for like 8 Euro. It's more easy anyways.

I still have both the game and the Undead DLC on my PS3. I'll play them on there before I spend $50 for this lazy, barebone port.

X-Wing

Rockstar just posted a $100 bundle on Xbox that includes RDR2 and the X360 BC version of RDR.
OUCx9OT.jpg

This is NOT the remaster that is out on PS4 and Switch. It’s just the original X360 version with its DLC.
None of those is a remaster. In the end it's cheaper to buy the 360 version anyway.

Top Bottom