• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360 Store will shutdown on July 29, 2024

Draugoth

Gold Member
Xbox-360-Logo_JPG-53470e558f00fd0aded4.jpg

Xbox 360 launched 18 years ago and was a generation-defining console that invited many people to jump into gaming for the first time and connect with friends around the world. We’re thrilled people continue playing their favorite Xbox 360 games on Xbox 360, or on newer consoles via Backward Compatibility for supported titles.

As we shared last August, we have a change coming to the Xbox 360 experience. Starting on July 29, 2024, Xbox will stop supporting the ability to purchase new games, DLC, and other entertainment content from the Xbox 360 Store on the console and the Xbox 360 Marketplace (marketplace.xbox.com).

To celebrate the legacy of Xbox 360, we’re working with our amazing publishing partners to bring you as many price reductions from our online store or from the Xbox 360 Store on the console. We’ll be updating this list with more games on June 18, 2024, and on July 16, 2024, bringing you as many repriced games as possible before the end of July.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

RedC

Can't wait to see the other price cuts.

Hopefully, they can get as many Japanese publishers to agree in price cutting their games.

Last edited:
I think Draugoth Draugoth messed up with the headline. The actual news here is that we now know what was up with the 360 non-BC sales I've posted about yesterday. He should ask for a thread title change to reflect that these are price reductions for the Xbox 360 Store, and that they'll be updating the list with more games on June 18, 2024, and on July 16, 2024. That way more people can be aware of these price reductions.

Last edited:

Draugoth

Gold Member

nush

Gold Member
When there was the big back compat push on Xbone the 360 store was alive with new digital releases of previously unavailable multi disc games. Good times for building a 360 digital collection. Especially when a couple of years previously they unlocked being able to attach your own external storage devices instead of bespoke msft HD's.

stn

Is there a list somewhere of all the games and DLC that will discontinue once the store closes? I am definitely going to get in on this before the store closure.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Shutting down stores is goofy I think the industry tricked people into upgrading, “gotta get the new console” is the new reality, no one is playing 360 unless you’re really poor, obviously collectors, but 360 made millions for Microsoft and it was ridiculous to launch the One a nonsense Kinect, tv cable product and not the 720.

xrnzaaas

It's nice that they're offering deals on the digital versions, I can only imagine how many people will use this to try to sell retail copies at crazy high prices.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Top Bottom