• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF Retro: Castlevania Anniversary Collection - Series Retrospective

#Phonepunk#

Banned
watched the whole thing. glad to hear the emulation is nearly perfect for everything! the side by side for some of the music was great, i couldn't tell one from the other!

was kinda surprised at the Japanese only music for Simon's Quest. i think it's because i grew up with it but i prefer the rougher more lo fi US version. the popping kick drum in the town theme is too cool.

it'll be cool to play through the JP versions, whenever they get patched...

Last edited:

iconmaster

Banned
I have the SNES Classic but I kinda want this just so I can have Super Castlevania IV on my Switch.

Now if I could only get Super Metroid on there

wzy

Yea hang on while I buy a Castlevania """"""collection""""" that has neither Rondo nor Symphony.

Last edited:

KOMANI

KOMANI
I can really see them release rondo and sotn as dlc because of the requiem collection. I know the snes Dracula X isn’t top tier, but i do wish it and Chronicles get included.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
think they will make a second collection, also with 8 games. this first collection was a mix of various consoles. feel like they will go with:

Rondo of Blood
Symphony of the Night
Circle of the Moon
Harmony of Dissonance
Aria of Sorrow
Dawn of Sorrow
Portrait of Ruin
Order of Ecclesia

if Chronicles is included, they will swap out Circle of the Moon

how can they do the DS games? just map the 2nd screen to - or some other button and the touch screen parts can be done with the right joycon when pointing at the screen or by just drawing it on the Switch screen directly. drawing the magic symbols in Dawn of Sorrow won't be so bad if you can just trace it with your hand on big screen monitor.

if they announce the DS games on Switch i will legit flip out.

Last edited:

SegaShack

Own this collection. The scanlines do not look right and there is no 4:3 mode without scanlines. Their scanlines make the game too blurry vs how actual scanlines look.

Finally got around to playing this today. Bloodlines is great so far. My first time playing it.

I just have to say the bonus book is a very nice touch. It's more substantial than I realized, and is a nice treat for collectors. Has all the box artwork for NA and Japan, descriptions of the story and charts with character history and game release year history. 2-3 interviews with composers and the Netflix anime director. Articles on sub-weapon usage. And pages of original design documents in pencil. If all the collections are this good, it's a no brainer for me for $20.

Top Bottom