• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did Dug Digging Strike tralier

Mrbob

Oh hell. What is this? Dig Dug is one of my favorite all time classics. Looks awesome. But a little confusing. I don't know what is going on between the top screen and bottom screen. And there is that plug or whatever the hell that is going down. I don't get it whats the hook? Then there is a top down shooter with Mr Driller? What?

Unison

Wow... looks way better in motion than it did in screens...

The integration of Dig Dug 1 & 2 seems really cool in practice & I'm glad that you don't have to kill every single enemy, which seems to radically alter the gameplay style.

Unison

Mrbob said:
Oh hell. What is this? Dig Dug is one of my favorite all time classics. Looks awesome. But a little confusing. I don't know what is going on between the top screen and bottom screen. And there is that plug or whatever the hell that is going down. I don't get it whats the hook? Then there is a top down shooter with Mr Driller? What?

You should try Dig Dug II, and then that top screen will make sense.

Basically, in that game you had to drill to carve away parts of an island, so they'd drift from the mainland & fall into the ocean. Here you are making the support beams go away by digging underneath them, killing the enemies on the island above.

GDGF

Soothsayer
This looks damn sweet. Kinda like a big Dig Dug family orgy. It'd be neat if through one cart multiplayer you could play the bottom screen while your friend played the top or vice versa.

Mrbob said:
Then there is a top down shooter with Mr Driller? What?

Looks like you can discover Mr Driller themed mini-games based on classic Namco games. The one in the video is Xevious, of course, or "Horivalou" -- the ship in Xevious is called "Solvalou" and Mr Driller's name is Hori Susumu.

Oh, btw, this is so GOTY it's not even funny. The clip with the swimming Pookas rules!

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
it actually looks like a bad ass combonation of Dig Dug and that old NES game Boulder Dash

Unison

GDGF said:
It'd be neat if through one cart multiplayer you could play the bottom screen while your friend played the top or vice versa.

*Mind melts at the awesomeness of this prospect*

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
scola said:
it actually looks like a bad ass combonation of Dig Dug and that old NES game Boulder Dash

...which would make it, um, Dig Dug!

It's more of a hybrid of Dig Dug 1 and 2, which is more than enough to get me giddy.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
jooey said:
...which would make it, um, Dig Dug!

It's more of a hybrid of Dig Dug 1 and 2, which is more than enough to get me giddy.
I was refering more to the "trap setting" aspect of the game play, which was always more involved in boulder dash, But I never played DD2 so maybe its in that one.

Top Bottom