• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did I waste the biggest job opportunity of my life? (Serious Thread)

I found a job that may change my life for the better and I found out about it during the first day it was posted on Indeed last Friday.

I decided to wait and ask my employer a referral which he just gave me his business card and put his info on the resume/CV.

I was expecting a letter to attach to the CV and now i realized i wasted 5 days of an open window that may never open again.

Have I made a mistake to wait this long? I'm pretty qualified for this job but my work experience is kind of lacking (6 months of work only so far).

GAF, GET IN THE THREAD AND HELP A BROTHER OUT!
rsz_o08pp5r.png

Well, have they hired anyone? I don't know how things work in your part of the world but in mine there's always a time period in which the employer is seeking someone.
What I mean by this is let's say a company is looking for a technician. They'd have a job listing that lasts a certain amount of time. Example from 20th of February to 28th of February. In this window they take applications. And it doesn't matter if someone applied for the job on the first or the last day of the listing. That's how things work from where I am.
I don't know how it functions in your part of the world.

Cato

Banned
Fuck those other jobs, I want this one.

Call them now then and show them you are very interested and passionate about the job.
Call them immediately, don't wait. Appologize that you know the deadline for application just closed
but think you would such a great fit for this job and you you are super excited.

Application deadline does not end until they have sent a legally binding offer to a candidate.

Call them now then and show them you are very interested and passionate about the job.
Call them immediately, don't wait. Appologize that you know the deadline for application just closed
but think you would such a great fit for this job and you you are super excited.

Application deadline does not end until they have sent a legally binding offer to a candidate.
Tommorow I will call them!

#MakeApplicationsGreatAgain

Last edited:

LMJ

MiyazakiHatesKojima MiyazakiHatesKojima , you're wasting more valuable time, send them your resume now amigo!

The worst thing they can say is "no", but if you dont even try, well that shit will eat at you...

To paraphrase Shia Lebouf (minus the madness and paranoia)

DO IT!!! JUST DO IT!!!

Last edited:

DonJorginho

Banned
MiyazakiHatesKojima MiyazakiHatesKojima Go balls to the wall, full Kojima style and just apply man, shoot your shot and fuck everything else and see what happens.

If you get it then great and you fully deserve it, but if you aren't successful that only means there is something better for you waiting down the line so don't over-pressure yourself based on this one vacancy.

Praying for you brother, I have faith.

Last edited:

mcjmetroid

I found a job that may change my life for the better and I found out about it during the first day it was posted on Indeed last Friday.

I decided to wait and ask my employer a referral which he just gave me his business card and put his info on the resume/CV.

I was expecting a letter to attach to the CV and now i realized i wasted 5 days of an open window that may never open again.

Have I made a mistake to wait this long? I'm pretty qualified for this job but my work experience is kind of lacking (6 months of work only so far).

GAF, GET IN THE THREAD AND HELP A BROTHER OUT!
rsz_o08pp5r.png

Apply for the job, the references can come later.

When you're doing up a CV/Resume you CAN put "References available upon request" and it's seen as normal.
Put down the time you spent working as normal but you don't 100% NEED the reference on your intial application.

If you get far enough into the application like doing a successful interview THEN they will ask for references ( And that's usually a sign that you've gotten the job)

Apply now!

MiyazakiHatesKojima MiyazakiHatesKojima Go balls to the wall, full Kojima style and just apply man, shoot your shot and fuck everything else and see what happens.

If you get it then great and you fully deserve it, but if you aren't successful that only means there is something better for you waiting down the line so don't over-pressure yourself based on this one vacancy.

Praying for you brother, I have faith.
Arigatou, DonJorginho DonJorginho -san
n6bjmjd.png

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
What the fuck are you doing just apply there already. You don’t need to attach refrences to your resume they will ask for them if they want it
This is not true in general.

Regarding the question of op: If the job listing is still on, you can still apply and it does not (usually) matter if you apply early or late in the application time frame.

Top Bottom