• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did your parental unit cut your sandwiches into rectangles or triangles during your childhood?

Triangles or Rectangles?

• Triangles

Votes: 29 50.0%
  • Rectangles

Votes: 29 50.0%

• Total voters

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Sorry if you got triangles. Rectangles, always.

Blessings if your sandwiches were cut like this as a child. I hope you receive gov't assistance for your hardship:

VtjcTn6.png

Nester99

Am I weird for preparing my grilled cheese with one half jam and the other half mustard? cut in Rectangles of course So the jam and mustard do not touch.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Jam and cheese sounds weird but jam + creme cheese or ricotta isn't weird so I guess it depends on the cheese.

Mustard is the vanilla of sandwiches. Why would it be weird on grilled cheese?

Nester99

Son, that's a melt. This a grilled cheese.

Bread, butter, cheese.

no, I am talking about a standard grilled cheese, but with a topping/spread. One rectangle With jam spread on top one rectangle with mustard spread on top.

the contrast between the two halves is so good!

GymWolf

My moms used to put a hot frittata inside a white bread "mafalda" as a thing to eat during school...

My family is not really into sandwitch...

Blond

Banned
I feel retarded right now...i never tried 2 different type of cheese inside an hot sandwitch :ROFLMAO:

Now i start to understand why americans are mostly obese :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

350 calories from my estimation, and this is a rarity I refuse to be that big again, like ever

Mobilemofo

Unable to vote sadly. Cannot remember actual patents doing sandwiches. However, my foster parents use to cut the crusts off my sandwiches making them look like an oddly shaped extender table..(yes! It's an extender! Lol)

Super Mario

Banned
Gotta start your future soyboy son off early by cutting off the crust and making it into triangles. I'm kind of joking, kind of not.

I was lucky if someone else even made me a sandwhich. We had the stuff. I was told I could make it how I like.

Rockondevil

Hard to remember but I’m pretty sure it was rectangles or squares.
I prefer to cut my kids into triangles but possibly it’s because I never had it as a child.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Triangles should be only for grilled cheeses.
Or PB&J, but that's it.

Rectangles can hold bulk. Triangles are for thin sandwiches.

But it's also true that if your parents cut all your sandwiches into triangles, they actually love you. If it's rectangles they are broken pragmatists trying to stop you from spilling shit on the floor.

Last edited:

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
This topic made me realize that I don’t really ever cut my own sandwich. Maybe a large burger or something but that’s it.

Top Bottom