• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did your parental unit cut your sandwiches into rectangles or triangles during your childhood?

Triangles or Rectangles?

• Triangles

Votes: 29 50.0%
  • Rectangles

Votes: 29 50.0%

• Total voters

edbrat

If you don't want to eat your crusts you bought shitty bread, shame on you.

Everyone knows sandwich shapes depend on the sandwich type: 2 half triangles for grilled cheese, 4 quarter triangles for dainty sandwiches for high tea, 2 rectangles for marmite toast, no slicing at all for PB&J unless you are a freaking savage.

Ornlu

Banned
School lunch never brought my own .

Fellow poor, rise up! #freelunchcrew :messenger_sunglasses:

Flawless Victory

If you don't want to eat your crusts you bought shitty bread, shame on you.

Everyone knows sandwich shapes depend on the sandwich type: 2 half triangles for grilled cheese, 4 quarter triangles for dainty sandwiches for high tea, 2 rectangles for marmite toast, no slicing at all for PB&J unless you are a freaking savage.

???

Man, I don't even remember. I think I got mine with a "You're lucky to have a sandwich. Go to your room!" :p I ate lots of bologna and PB&J growing up, lol.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
3dp5i8s.gif

Neither. I'm Mexican. They told me to make my own sandwich while mowing the lawn and washing the truck.

Last edited:
My parents did rectangles. I spent the weekend with my grandparents and my grandma did triangles and I thought it was the greatest thing I had ever seen. I went home and really let my mom have it for never telling me about this.

navii

My fantasy is that my girlfriend was actually a young high school girl.
gave me lunch money, which i used to buy candy with

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Don't think I've ever had sandwich as a kid, or now when I make one where it's cut.

Only time is Subway precutting a big sub in half or maybe a giant burger at a pub.

Woo-Fu

Banned
The only reason to cut it into rectangles is to fit it into those crappy sandwich bags we had as kids. Triangles style is for ease of consumption.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Voted rectangles and was blown away to find it's now a perfect 50/50 split after over 50 votes. You're on to something DDD.

But yeah, as a kid, rectangles. These days I swing both ways :messenger_blowing_kiss:

GymWolf

I think it's far more disturbing using the term "parental unit" instead of "parents" than any wrongly sliced sandwitch...

Last edited:

Thaedolus

My parents didn’t cut my sandwiches because they wanted me to be a savage like them. But obviously the angled cut is correct.

Once my grandma made me a cheese sandwich and didn’t take the little paper between the cheese off, because she wanted me to be a little savage. Mayo and cheese and parchment paper sandwiches made me the man I am today.

Meowzers

I was a latchkey kid back in late 90's early 00's.

I waited until my momma brought back some KFC or Burger King, but if I made my own food, it was all done by microwave.

Top Bottom