• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

Thorzilla

Man I'm truly loving this game. Only chapter 10 but digivolving back and forth to discover new digivolutions is kind of exciting!

How far into the game is chapter 10?

Yasumi

Banned
Just finished the game, loved it the whole way through. The ending was super satisfying. I don't even know what I'm going to do now. Time to finish Escha & Logy, Tokyo Twilight, and Operation Abyss, I guess.

Thorzilla

There are
Chapters.
If you like it now, just know it's only JUST beginning to get good.

Good Lord, yes. It's really good. Took a little to get going but loving it so far.

Just got Paildramon! Feels a bit wrong to loose two digimon to get one but it's also satisfying as hell.

Just got Paildramon! Feels a bit wrong to loose two digimon to get one but it's also satisfying as hell.
Paildramon, the only digimon from the main characters of Season 2 I ever liked, kinda sad it isn't mega lvl. I really liked the fusions but for low lvl digimon (like champions) it should be 50% CAM instead of 100%. Late in the game getting 100% CAM isn't hard but at the beginning it's super annoying if the digimon weren't your main attackers. At least one can use Ninja USB and the enemy encounter hack but you have to escape 100 fights.... which I did for Mastemon, Omnimon and Paildramon.

Bishop89

These medals 😵

I have like 10-12 left, most I can get from the master cup which I attempted but got wrecked..I think it was against ultveemon.

The metalgreymon (blue) is a pain to get. If I get a few farms investigating and getting 8 cases which I don't want, I have to do all 8 in order to get a fresh batch. It's bullshit

twisteh

Help. At start of Chapter 7 and it says Victory Uchida is Kowloon level 4...but there is a guy standing in front of the firewall who wont let me pass?? I don't want to go any further as I heard he disappears later in the chapter.

MongKey

Help. At start of Chapter 7 and it says Victory Uchida is Kowloon level 4...but there is a guy standing in front of the firewall who wont let me pass?? I don't want to go any further as I heard he disappears later in the chapter.
From the gamefaqs guide, you can go to Kowloon Lv 4 after speaking to the medal man and moving the story along a bit as the game will direct you to go there after that.

If you want to be safe then you should make a safety save before proceeding.

twisteh

From the gamefaqs guide, you can go to Kowloon Lv 4 after speaking to the medal man and moving the story along a bit as the game will direct you to go there after that.

If you want to be safe then you should make a safety save before proceeding.
Got it sorted bud. Cheers :)

spoiler
i'm up to the part where mirei got a mastemon, could someone tell me in the most subtle way how far I am into the game?

also, I'm wondering about the cases if the purple ones are also mandatory? I was at a point in the game where I couldn't figure out what to do and I picked up a case with a purple pin given to me by mirei and that advanced the story.

spoiler
i'm up to the part where mirei got a mastemon, could someone tell me in the most subtle way how far I am into the game?

also, I'm wondering about the cases if the purple ones are also mandatory? I was at a point in the game where I couldn't figure out what to do and I picked up a case with a purple pin given to me by mirei and that advanced the story.

Sounds like
Chap 15., so you're about 75% of the way.

Purple Pin cases are DLC cases. They're not really mandatory except for if you want to take on the extra DLC cases later on.

twisteh

Really enjoying this tbh, most fun I've had with a JRPG in a long time. Lets hope its sold well enough to justify the sequel getting localised as well (if they're making one that is).

Bishop89

I don't mind the game, but grinding is a huge piss off.

grinding in this game shits on every other game.

Get 3 x platinum numemons with 3 x tact usbs each and watch your digimon reach max level in minutes. (depending how far you are into the game)

End game you can get a level 1, get in 1 battle and it will level up to Level 55.

RalchAC

I've been playing the game for a while. Last time me save (and my whole Vita memory card) was corrupted. I was at chapter 7.

This time I've had a PlatinumSukamon since Chapter 2 or so and I haven't had any problems with the game, since I knew the bosses and stuff. I'm back at Chapter 6 with a bunch of Perfect level mons. Hopefully I can get back to Chapter 7 soon and start to enjoy new content.

Such a bizarre reference
Cddufs5UMAAYEle.jpg

Shizuka

Just got NPD numbers:

It's looking good.

That's great, knowing that it's just physical PS4 sales in the United States. If you add digital for both Vita and PS4, not to mention european sales, even if you add physical Vita sales, the game must've been a success for Bandai Namco. I feel confident this will not be the last Digimon game we'll see in the West.

That's great, knowing that it's just physical PS4 sales in the United States. If you add digital for both Vita and PS4, not to mention european sales, even if you add physical Vita sales, the game must've been a success for Bandai Namco. I feel confident this will not be the last Digimon game we'll see in the West.
Digimon All-Star Rumble 2 here we go!

Bishop89

imperialdramon PM omni sword is fucking bullshit.

Wipes my WHOLE team, and I cant do shit about it.

Does he activate it when he is low on HP, or after a certain amount of rounds?

imperialdramon PM omni sword is fucking bullshit.

Wipes my WHOLE team, and I cant do shit about it.

Does he activate it when he is low on HP, or after a certain amount of rounds?
I believe when low on health. People in here suggested using ohko prevention moves but that doesn't really do much when he can outspeed my entire team after i get him down to half health

The strategy I've seen suggested
, and the only way I can really think of to survive it is using Jesmon's ability, which will let him tank every single attack.

Only way i was able to do it too, dmg him till about 60% health then switch in
Jesemon
and use its special move every turn until the battle is over

Annoyingly Omni Sword is a multi hit move in the battle, but on your own PM its single target, seriously reduced the benefits of gaining him really for me

NEO0MJ

I recommend anyone new to this game to avoid the Platinumsukamon/PlatinumNumemon strategy. I feel it's so much worse than using EXP Share in Pokemon.

alright, time for a little more remote play while i'm on break

-is there any way to just boost your digimon's stats? atk/def/spd/itl/ABI? are there items that can do this?

Ydelnae

Even if the game is a success comercially, now that Media.Vision is stuck developing Azure Revolution and (seemingly) a new Wild Arms game, we won't get a Cyber Sleuth sequel in some time. I mean, we're getting more Digimon games meanwhile, like Next Order, but still.

EDIT: The game has succeeded expectations so much that Namco is re-releasing it as a physical edition later this month in Spain at least. In Europe only UK, Germany and Italy got the physical PS4 edition. This might push the sales a bit more.

Even if the game is a success comercially, now that Media.Vision is stuck developing Azure Revolution and (seemingly) a new Wild Arms game, we won't get a Cyber Sleuth sequel in some time. I mean, we're getting more Digimon games meanwhile, like Next Order, but still.

EDIT: The game has succeeded expectations so much that Namco is re-releasing it as a physical edition later this month in Spain at least. In Europe only UK, Germany and Italy got the physical PS4 edition. This might push the sales a bit more.
do we have a source that it exceeded expectations? i would love a direct sequel to cyber sleuth

I recommend anyone new to this game to avoid the Platinumsukamon/PlatinumNumemon strategy. I feel it's so much worse than using EXP Share in Pokemon.

Unlike Pokemon, Digimon Levels have absolutely no bearing on how easy/hard a match-up will be. I've used a lot of 99s in the Royal Knights and Demon Lords DLC quests, and they're still hard as hell to overcome.

NEO0MJ

-is there any way to just boost your digimon's stats? atk/def/spd/itl/ABI? are there items that can do this?

Other than ability you can boost all stats with farm items that you can get from dungeons or quests. They're really rare though so don't count on them.

Unlike Pokemon, Digimon Levels have absolutely no bearing on how easy/hard a match-up will be. I've used a lot of 99s in the Royal Knights and Demon Lords DLC quests, and they're still hard as hell to overcome.

Ignoring the DLC quest I feel they make the main game too easy. You can get high ability megas with lots of skills much faster than when you're supposed to I feel.

Ignoring the DLC quest I feel they make the main game too easy. You can get high ability megas with lots of skills much faster than when you're supposed to I feel.

Barring a couple bosses, the main game is too easy on any difficulty.
The main draw for me, at least, is quickly gathering cool looking Digimon that can kick ass. I really don't care about making the game artificially difficult.

The latter half of Chapter 15...Too good...

Why is Rina so awesome? Why can't I play as Rina? ;_;

Kicking a Digimon haha she's the best.

NEO0MJ

Barring a couple bosses, the main game is too easy on any difficulty.
The main draw for me, at least, is quickly gathering cool looking Digimon that can kick ass. I really don't care about making the game artificially difficult.

Yeah. Even after boosting dificulty it feels too easy at times. I wish the game had battle between tamers instead of having us face a single super strong Digimon that ignores debuffs and status effects most of the time.

The latter half of Chapter 15...Too good...

Why is Rina so awesome? Why can't I play as Rina? ;_;

Kicking a Digimon haha she's the best.

Really? I used to think you were cool, now I'm reconsidering that position.

Yeah. Even after boosting dificulty it feels too easy at times. I wish the game had battle between tamers instead of having us face a single super strong Digimon that ignores debuffs and status effects most of the time.

Have you played in the online colosseum yet? Once you face off against a few Japanese players you'll experience the crushing difficulty you crave. :p

Top Bottom