• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Foundry's Best Game Graphics of 2022 - Another Great Year For State-of-the-Art Visuals!

FunkMiller

Gold Member
It is absolutely fucking ridiculous that they have included The Last Of Us Part 1 in this list.

I've just finished it on Ps5, and moved onto another play of Part 2, and there is little to no difference between the two games in terms of fidelity.

Digital Foundry are essentially trying to say a Ps4 level game at 60fps is state of the art.

Clown shoes.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
It is absolutely fucking ridiculous that they have included The Last Of Us Part 1 in this list.

I've just finished it on Ps5, and moved onto another play of Part 2, and there is little to no difference between the two games in terms of fidelity.

Digital Foundry are essentially trying to say a Ps4 level game at 60fps is state of the art.

Clown shoes.
To be fair they aren't the only ones lol

1C8MdDh.jpg

Jinzo Prime

Can you imagine Final Fantasy 17, or Devil May Cry 6, or Monster Hunter World II on Decima Engine? It's sad that engine is only being used on Horizon and Death Standing.

GymWolf

Whyyyyyy?
Because i barely notice rtx but i always notice better res\details\higher framerate\graphic mods.

I literally test rtx in any game, even if i have to put at 1440p30, just to see how the game looks with maxed out rtx, they never, ever, impressed me, my brain just don't care about more realistic lights\shadows\reflections.

And games are gonna be so heavy to run that even with a 4080 you have to make sacrifices.

If the game runs maxed out with rtx at 4k60 and i can't lock at 120, then sure, i can keep rtx on.

Last edited:

Clown shoes.
To be fair ...it looks really flicking good and shows how LoU2 would look with an actual high resolution. Also, while the animation isn't on the level of part 2, there ARE improvements, however small over part 2. Shadow quality stands out as well as more detail indoors. I want to AO is better as well as asset streaming too. So while it should've been even better than what we got it still probably deserves to be on the list.

I also think GoW deserves to be there. What a weird thing not to have it. There are lots of improvements over the original and many areas are stunning. I think it's as good if not better than LoU2. Oh and it's running with a higher resolution at 60 fps taboot.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
To be fair ...it looks really flicking good and shows how LoU2 would look with an actual high resolution. Also, while the animation isn't on the level of part 2, there ARE improvements, however small over part 2. Shadow quality stands out as well as more detail indoors. I want to AO is better as well as asset streaming too. So while it should've been even better than what we got it still probably deserves to be on the list.

Eh... I literally just jumped from Part 1 to Part 2, and the differences are so minor, you could quite easily say that Part 1 is a Ps4 game running at 60fps - the same as Part 2.

Hell, 2 has so many improved mechanics and QOL changes it still feels by far the superior product.

If Naughty Dog had actually bothered to remake Part 1 to take advantage of the Ps5 properly - instead of half-assing this version, then maybe it would have deserved a place in the year's best graphical showcases. As it stands, it doesn't... even if it does have some improvements that are hard to distinguish from its Ps4 sequel.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Eh... I literally just jumped from Part 1 to Part 2, and the differences are so minor, you could quite easily say that Part 1 is a Ps4 game running at 60fps - the same as Part 2.

Hell, 2 has so many improved mechanics and QOL changes it still feels by far the superior product.

If Naughty Dog had actually bothered to remake Part 1 to take advantage of the Ps5 properly - instead of half-assing this version, then maybe it would have deserved a place in the year's best graphical showcases. As it stands, it doesn't... even if it does have some improvements that are hard to distinguish from its Ps4 sequel.
And people get offended when i call that thing a lazy remake...

They literally had the tlou2 engine ready, 4k res, a couple of shadow\light settings turned up a notch or two, and here is the remake.

Oh sorry, some basic destruction that pales compared to fucking stranglehold on ps2...

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member

They literally had the tlou2 engine ready, 4k res, a couple of shadow\light settings turned up a notch or two, and here is the remake.

Spot on. It's lazy as shit. And that becomes wildly apparent when you do an immediate comparison from one to the other.

Hopefully factions is gonna show a glimpse of nextgen from them, but it's probably gonna be tlou remake tier or even a bit less to have locked 60.

I dont expect factions to be a major leap, if it even looks as good as part 1 & 2 that would be huge. The horizon multiplayer game is already said to be using a different graphical style, probably because they can get multiplayer to work with the level of fidelity they use for the mainline games.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

Oh sorry, some basic destruction that pales compared to fucking stranglehold on ps2...
Spot on. It's lazy as shit. And that becomes wildly apparent when you do an immediate comparison from one to the other.
I have received a lot of flack on this board over the years, but the shit I got for saying this game looked like TLOU2 was something else. I actually think TLOU2 looks better than 90% of the so called next gen games released the last few years so that in itself should be a compliment, but people kept bringing up TLOU PS3 comparisons to show it got a big upgrade.

John made a FIFTY fucking minute video on this game. 50 minutes! All spent comparing PS3 visuals as if it is so surprising that it looks better.

That said, the thing that bugs me the most is that they didnt port the original Pre-Downgraded TLOU2 NPC character models, motion matching animations and GI lighting. They basically ported over what they had working for the PS4. I can understand downgrading the game to run on the base PS4 but TLOU Part 1 is not getting released on the PS4 so why not go back to the E3 2018 version of the game and port that instead? And why the fuck is Digital Foundry not docking points for that in their 50 minute blowjob of a video?

tnYVGB6.gif

car.gif

At least they didnt include GOW even as an honorable mention. I can respect that.

GymWolf

I have received a lot of flack on this board over the years, but the shit I got for saying this game looked like TLOU2 was something else. I actually think TLOU2 looks better than 90% of the so called next gen games released the last few years so that in itself should be a compliment, but people kept bringing up TLOU PS3 comparisons to show it got a big upgrade.

John made a FIFTY fucking minute video on this game. 50 minutes! All spent comparing PS3 visuals as if it is so surprising that it looks better.

That said, the thing that bugs me the most is that they didnt port the original Pre-Downgraded TLOU2 NPC character models, motion matching animations and GI lighting. They basically ported over what they had working for the PS4. I can understand downgrading the game to run on the base PS4 but TLOU Part 1 is not getting released on the PS4 so why not go back to the E3 2018 version of the game and port that instead? And why the fuck is Digital Foundry not docking points for that in their 50 minute blowjob of a video?

tnYVGB6.gif

car.gif

At least they didnt include GOW even as an honorable mention. I can respect that.
You and me both buddy, i had my fair share of people putting me in ignore for saying the obvious for whoever has working eyes.

Apparently, buying a ps5 at day one, buying all the exclusives released at whopping 80 euros each, and wanting more from the top tier studios is actually being a sony hater in here.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Hopefully factions is gonna show a glimpse of nextgen from them, but it's probably gonna be tlou remake tier or even a bit less to have locked 60.
Yes. It is mp so they will have to target 60 fps and because its open world with lots of online players running around, it will probably look worse.

Unless of course they have completely overhauled their engine and given it a next gen makeover. But since this game started dev in 2018 just like the remake did, I have no faith in it using any next gen textures or features. Same goes for the Horizon MP.

The PS5 only Horizon DLC seems to be using the same lighting, textures and foliage settings. The cloud tech looks to be the biggest upgrade so that might make it in the MP along with whatever flying combat abilities and horus battle destruction they end up putting there. April cant come soon enough.
You and me both buddy, i had my fair share of people putting me in ignore for saying the obvious for whoever has working eyes.

Apparently, buying a ps5 at day one, buying all the exclusives released at whopping 80 euros each, and wanting more from the top tier studios is actually being a sony hater in here.
lol i remember that thread. i questioned my own sanity at one point.

And yes, I have 25 platinums... 20 of which are Sony first party games, ten years and 90% of my 18,000 posts on gaf sucking Sonys dick all of last gen is apparently not enough.

GymWolf

Yes. It is mp so they will have to target 60 fps and because its open world with lots of online players running around, it will probably look worse.

Unless of course they have completely overhauled their engine and given it a next gen makeover. But since this game started dev in 2018 just like the remake did, I have no faith in it using any next gen textures or features. Same goes for the Horizon MP.

The PS5 only Horizon DLC seems to be using the same lighting, textures and foliage settings. The cloud tech looks to be the biggest upgrade so that might make it in the MP along with whatever flying combat abilities and horus battle destruction they end up putting there. April cant come soon enough.

lol i remember that thread. i questioned my own sanity at one point.

And yes, I have 25 platinums... 20 of which are Sony first party games, ten years and 90% of my 18,000 posts on gaf sucking Sonys dick all of last gen is apparently not enough.
I have zero platinums but i probably have a slightly bigger dick, so...

DeaDPo0L84

Honestly getting kinda tired of how much they gush over ray tracing. Why not talk about what massive input lag ray tracing generally introduces? Also doesn't data show the overwhelming majority of players prefer frame rate over RT?

This isn't an issue in most cases when concerning strictly PC. Honestly consoles moving forward for the rest of this gen need to ignore ray tracing. The current options simply aren't built to do it at a high enough level where it's worth the performance sacrifice for most. Maybe by the time next gen consoles release the technology will have improved and be less hardware intensive.

Where are you Chief? LoU1 Remake- now that it's been out do you still feel like it's worthy of being a Ps5 exclusive ND game?

I was attacked by many here too for being outspoken about this Remake. I'm still disappointed by it but I will admit there are some improvements. Also- ND stopped updating this game and they reverted the 40 fps framerate to an unlocked framerate that feels worse. WTF is up with that? What a strange gen it's been.

That thread showed me that most gamers don't have high standards and that most will accept mediocrity and just want to feel good about a game their excited about.

I couldn't get one of those people to admit that a game that came out in '22 on PS5 shouldn't look similar to a '18 game on ps4 pro. They wanted my head on a spike. In the end I still bought it though so I'm part of the problem I guess.

This isn't an issue in most cases when concerning strictly PC. Honestly consoles moving forward for the rest of this gen need to ignore ray tracing. The current options simply aren't built to do it at a high enough level where it's worth the performance sacrifice for most. Maybe by the time next gen consoles release the technology will have improved and be less hardware intensive.
I don't think there's any extra lag introduced by RT in Witcher 3 but lag is a problem in some other games like Control Ultimate. I think the input lag he thinks is RT is actually just the sub 30 fps framerate compared to 60.

Mid gen refreshes need to happen for RT to be any good on console. I don't want to wait until next generationb...5-6 years from now.

SlimySnake

Fucking John put NFS, GT7, Scorn and TLOU1&2 above this. This shit is running 60fps at 1800p+ resolution
Not sure what resolution has to do with it. If anything, John talking about how NFS and GT7 run at native 4k 60 fps just upset the crap out of me because it shows just how much more they couldve pushed the visuals had they target a lower resolution target. Forget 1440p which wouldve literally given them half the GPU back, even dropping down to 1800p wouldve given them a cool 30-40% more GPU power that couldve been spent enhancing the visuals. Better lighting, weather and world detail.

As for GOW, come on man. Those screenshots dont even come close to what other games are doing. I agree that Scorn, GT7, Portal and TLOU shouldnt be there but other games definitely look better than GOW.
Saw these in era thread. You cant tell me GOW even comes close to this and this game didnt even make the top 10 and only got an honorable mention.

witcher3_2022-12-24_16-15-59.png

witcher3_2022-12-21_00-53-28.png

witcher3_2022-12-20_15-25-07.png

witcher3_2022-12-22_14-54-42.png

The fact is that SSM purposefully chose not to upgrade the visuals like you would see other Sony studios do. Uncharted 1 to Uncharted 2. Horizon to Horizon 2. GG smartly reduced the resolution target of the base PS4 version to 900p giving themselves a lot of GPU power that they were able to use to upgrade foliage, trees, lighting, character models, water, waves, and well everything. SSM chose to keep base PS4 at 1080p and only added very minor upgrades that while make it look better than GOW 2018 still fall short of the standards that have been set by Insomniac, Rockstar, ND, and CD Project since.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member

Oh, it got a big upgrade… into looking like a very late gen PS4 game. Nothing more. Anyone saying different is full of shit. It’s blindingly apparent when you go from one to the other. I bet the PC release doesn’t push the specs that much at all.

GymWolf

Not sure what resolution has to do with it. If anything, John talking about how NFS and GT7 run at native 4k 60 fps just upset the crap out of me because it shows just how much more they couldve pushed the visuals had they target a lower resolution target. Forget 1440p which wouldve literally given them half the GPU back, even dropping down to 1800p wouldve given them a cool 30-40% more GPU power that couldve been spent enhancing the visuals. Better lighting, weather and world detail.

As for GOW, come on man. Those screenshots dont even come close to what other games are doing. I agree that Scorn, GT7, Portal and TLOU shouldnt be there but other games definitely look better than GOW.
Saw these in era thread. You cant tell me GOW even comes close to this and this game didnt even make the top 10 and only got an honorable mention.

The fact is that SSM purposefully chose not to upgrade the visuals like you would see other Sony studios do. Uncharted 1 to Uncharted 2. Horizon to Horizon 2. GG smartly reduced the resolution target of the base PS4 version to 900p giving themselves a lot of GPU power that they were able to use to upgrade foliage, trees, lighting, character models, water, waves, and well everything. SSM chose to keep base PS4 at 1080p and only added very minor upgrades that while make it look better than GOW 2018 still fall short of the standards that have been set by Insomniac, Rockstar, ND, and CD Project since.
You know i'm not the biggest ragnarock fanboy but i played both games and ragnarock look noticeably better to me.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

In the end I still bought it though so I'm part of the problem I guess.
One of my friends called me out on this last year so I stayed strong and stayed away from 2 of the 4 Sony games i crusaded against. Still, if they had added dodge, prone and other amazing melee features from TLOU2, I wouldve gladly bought it. Same goes for GT7 which simply did not have the gameplay upgrades I expect from a numbered release. And i love GT Sports and stanned for it for years on gaf. Im willing to let my graphics criticism aside as long as the devs put in an effort in gameplay and features. In short, dont worry. You dont have to boycott these games. Just criticizing them is enough. If people just ignored games they didnt like, these forums would be a bubble of people bending over backwards praising every game. Basically what era has become.

Oh, it got a big upgrade… into looking like a very late gen PS4 game. Nothing more. Anyone saying different is full of shit. It’s blindingly apparent when you go from one to the other. I bet the PC release doesn’t push the specs that much at all.
The ND engine doesnt scale well on PC if the Uncharted ports are any indication. The PS5 was performing like a 3070 in Uncharted.

But the good thing is that it will be $40 on CDkeys which is what I think this half remakes should cost. I have no idea how Sony went from charging $40 for Ratchet and SOTC remakes to full $70 for DS and TLOU remakes. Asset flipping with some minor tweaks is NOT the same as what Capcom is doing with their RE remakes. But I digress.

SlimySnake

You know i'm not the biggest ragnarock fanboy but i played both games and ragnarock look noticeably better to me.
There is an upgrade like i said, but its not a big one like we saw in Uncharted 1 to Uncharted 2, Uncahrted 4 to TLOU2 and most recently HZD to HFW. They are the best Sony studio.... there was literally a poll on gaf a couple of months ago and they beat out fucking Naughty Dog... i expect them to do better than GG.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
The ND engine doesnt scale well on PC if the Uncharted ports are any indication. The PS5 was performing like a 3070 in Uncharted.
ND is where they also house their ICE team. Their engines were never built for scaling, but to exploit the system at the lowest level extraction layers each generation.

GymWolf

There is an upgrade like i said, but its not a big one like we saw in Uncharted 1 to Uncharted 2, Uncahrted 4 to TLOU2 and most recently HZD to HFW. They are the best Sony studio.... there was literally a poll on gaf a couple of months ago and they beat out fucking Naughty Dog... i expect them to do better than GG.
w3 feels exactly like a 2015 good to great but not exceptional looking game with a great graphic mod and rtx.

Sure rtx are more advanced than anything inside gow, but gow just feels like a more modern looking game.

Many, many textures in w3 are rough.

i would argue that this look better or at leat on par than w3 except for lights\shadows

niKU6h8.gif

Uj59pJi.gif

8tYWE0S.gif

And i can't even post the real impressive ones.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

w3 feels exactly like a 2015 good to great but not exceptional looking game with a great graphic mod and rtx.

Sure rtx are more advanced than anything inside gow, but gow just feels like a more modern looking game.

Many, many textures in w3 are rough.

i would argue that this look better or at leat on par than w3 except for lights\shadows

niKU6h8.gif

Uj59pJi.gif

8tYWE0S.gif

And i can't even post the real impressive ones.
Sure. Witcher 3 technically IS a 2015 game with RTX bolted on but dont those screenshots look better than Turk's?

I actually thought Witcher 3's Blood and Wine area looked very underwhelming in RTX but you cant deny those screenshots make GOW look last gen.

P.S color grading is so important in games. Those sunhi gifs are touched up and graded and while I dont think he did much to help with HFW's look, the game looks stunning in pretty much every area save for the desert. GG is far less consistent and doesnt look great half the time. SSM needed better cinematographers to make the visuals pop more.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Sure. Witcher 3 technically IS a 2015 game with RTX bolted on but dont those screenshots look better than Turk's?

I actually thought Witcher 3's Blood and Wine area looked very underwhelming in RTX but you cant deny those screenshots make GOW look last gen.

P.S color grading is so important in games. Those sunhi gifs are touched up and graded and while I dont think he did much to help with HFW's look, the game looks stunning in pretty much every area save for the desert. GG is far less consistent and doesnt look great half the time. SSM needed better cinematographers to make the visuals pop more.
Taking screenshot is an art dude, some people on reeee make spidey 2018 look almost like a movie.

The guy who toke the w3 pics is just very talented, if you played the game you know it doens't look like that at any given moment, rtx or not.
I think ragnarock looks way more consistent, his highs are better than w3 highs, and his lows are not as low as w3.

It still look great for a 2015 modded game but onestly no more than that unless you are an rtx nutjob.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Taking screenshot is an art dude, some people on reeee make spidey 2018 look almost like a movie.

The guy who toke the w3 pics is just very talented, if you played the game you know it doens't look like that at any given moment, rtx or not.
I think ragnarock looks way more consistent, his highs are better than w3 highs, and his lows are not as low as w3.

It still look great for a 2015 modded game but onestly no more than that unless you are an rtx nutjob.
Turk1993 Turk1993 Please hire that era member to take some GOW screenshots lol. Lets do this.

P.S I am going to post my screenshot again because color grading is excellent in this. I also recall the area outside of the wall in Asgard where you first land in the water. Looked way better than Vanaheim during the day. Like you said, its an art. Just changing some color sliders wouldve probably made GOW look far better than it currently does.

FiChepDXgAIplmv

Love this shot of Thor. But he never looks this good again.
FiChfDsWQAAMZNA

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
Turk1993 Turk1993 Please hire that era member to take some GOW screenshots lol. Lets do this.

P.S I am going to post my screenshot again because color grading is excellent in this. I also recall the area outside of the wall in Asgard where you first land in the water. Looked way better than Vanaheim during the day. Like you said, its an art. Just changing some color sliders wouldve probably made GOW look far better than it currently does.

FiChepDXgAIplmv

Love this shot of Thor. But he never looks this good again.
FiChfDsWQAAMZNA

Bruh come on man, post also some of there maxed out gameplay shots without mods and tweaks tools to take custom photo's. You constantly say that my shots are the best GOW:R looks and that it doesn't look like that most of the time. But just see how TW3 looks like during gameplay most of the time (all from those guys with a RTX 4090 maxed out). Just look at the overall detail and character models, GOW:R shits on this on those areas. Yes the RT lighting and effects look good and the foliage upgrade is also nice but the game has also many 2015 low quality assets and charachter models. You see you can break down every game like that if you want. And i never said that GOW looked better than the other games on the list outside the ones that i mentioned. I agree that its not the best looking game out there but its a very good looking game and better than most of the games on that list.
kIQwIFY.jpg

witcherr.jpg

just look at Thor (just because you choose him) which is a side character and see how much more detailed charachter he is compared to Gerald.
God-of-War-Ragnar-k-20221111172842.png

God-of-War-Ragnar-k-20221114210631.png

Thebonehead

Banned
Because i barely notice rtx but i always notice better res\details\higher framerate\graphic mods.

I literally test rtx in any game, even if i have to put at 1440p30, just to see how the game looks with maxed out rtx, they never, ever, impressed me, my brain just don't care about more realistic lights\shadows\reflections.

And games are gonna be so heavy to run that even with a 4080 you have to make sacrifices.

If the game runs maxed out with rtx at 4k60 and i can't lock at 120, then sure, i can keep rtx on.
Which do you prefer out of the two pictures below

5Otqchy.png
dSA8qf2.png

SlimySnake

Bruh come on man, post also some of there maxed out gameplay shots without mods and tweaks tools to take custom photo's. You constantly say that my shots are the best GOW:R looks and that it doesn't look like that most of the time. But just see how TW3 looks like during gameplay most of the time (all from those guys with a RTX 4090 maxed out). Just look at the overall detail and character models, GOW:R shits on this on those areas. Yes the RT lighting and effects look good and the foliage upgrade is also nice but the game has also many 2015 low quality assets and charachter models. You see you can break down every game like that if you want. And i never said that GOW looked better than the other games on the list outside the ones that i mentioned. I agree that its not the best looking game out there but its a very good looking game and better than most of the games on that list.
kIQwIFY.jpg

witcherr.jpg

just look at Thor (just because you choose him) which is a side character and see how much more detailed charachter he is compared to Gerald.
God-of-War-Ragnar-k-20221111172842.png

God-of-War-Ragnar-k-20221114210631.png
nah, you're right. Those witcher 3 bullshots tricked me. Thor looks amazing but the rest of the cast especially freya, her brother, odin and thurd looked like shit compared to Kratos, Thor and Loki.

Sif though is the queen of Milfheim. I couldnt believe a woman that attractive was allowed to exist in a Sony first party game.

GymWolf

Which do you prefer out of the two pictures below

5Otqchy.png
dSA8qf2.png
I don't play still pictures, but from what i'm seeing on my tablet, the second one for the better reflection maybe?! They look pretty similar.

In a still image where you can't break the reflection, ssr is virtually identical to rtx in games where devs put efforts in it.

This is less of a gatcha moment that you think dude.

Edit:you know what? I can't even tell what of those pics has rtx reflections or not, the second one has better reflection in the ground close to the camera but the first one has a better reflection for the chick with the nice ass in the up right corner.
I officially don't know what is the rtx pic between the 2.

Last edited:

Thebonehead

Banned
I don't play still pictures, but from what i'm seeing on my tablet, the second one for the better reflection maybe?! They look pretty similar.

In a still image where you can't break the reflection, ssr is virtually identical to rtx in games where devs put efforts in it.

This is less of a gatcha moment that you think dude.

Edit:you know what? I can't even tell what of those pics has rtx reflections or not, the second one has better reflection in the ground but the first one has a better reflection for the chick with the nice ass in the up right corner.
I officially don't know what is the rtx pic between the 2.
It's not meant as a gotcha.

Many people can't tell a lot of the time what the ray traced picture is, or whether they like it.

That indoor scene is quite good as the lighting is changed everywhere, which you can see when you flick between the two pictures.

But most people I have showed ray tracing struggle to tell the difference.

GymWolf

It's not meant as a gotcha.

Many people can't tell a lot of the time what the ray traced picture is, or whether they like it.

That indoor scene is quite good as the lighting is changed everywhere, which you can see when you flick between the two pictures.

But most people I have showed ray tracing struggle to tell the difference.
Well consider me a man of the people then, because i can't identify rtx to save my life.

Like i think the second one is the rtx one because the first one lack a big reflection in the ground, but the chick in upper right corner has a sensibly more defined reflection in the first image.

What is the rtx one?

Thebonehead

Banned
Well consider me a man of the people then, because i can't identify rtx to save my life.

Like i think the second one is the rtx one because the first one lack a big reflection in the ground, but the chick in upper right corner has a sensibly more defined reflection in the first image.

What is the rtx one?
You're correct..it's the second one.

hard without telling you say, the reflection in the ground looks like it should be there.

At first glance it's the same but slightly different.

On a deeper look you can see that the light has changed everywhere. It shows how good those light source artists are that have to light all these scenes by hand.

GymWolf

You're correct..it's the second one.

hard without telling you say, the reflection in the ground looks like it should be there.

At first glance it's the same but slightly different.

On a deeper look you can see that the light has changed everywhere. It shows how good those light source artists are that have to light all these scenes by hand.
Then why the reflection for the chick in the upper corner is more defined in the first pic?

Can you see that right?

s-bojan

Banned
Have you ever bought a new expensive headphones and after trying them out felt that they are not a lot better than you old gear.
Then after a few weeks you try the old ones and cannot believe how bad they are.
That is how I feel with RT. Differences do not seem that large until you turn it off after playing for a few hours. The games just feel so fake without RT.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Santa has gifted me a Xbox series X this Christmas (I have a PS5 since launch) and I'm truly amazed with Scorn graphics. One of the most next gen feelings I had since this gen started.
You are amazed by art.
Graphics are just static ue4 meshes. Nothing interesting

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I was in the camp that thought GOWR didn't look that much better... until I went back and looked at 2018. We all suffer from remembering things "better" than they were. In my minds eye... the TLOU pt.1 looked like the remake version when I played it on PS3 LOL but clearly when looking at them side by side, I was dead wrong. I think GOWR looks pretty damn good and I'm surprised it didn't make the list at all... I've played Unbound, it doesn't "look" better than GOWR.
I replayed 2018 60fps this year. It’s the same picture. Ragnarok got some better faces and lighting but looks like same gen sequel lite

Last edited:
Top Bottom