• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Discord Voice is now available for all Xbox users

Draugoth

Gold Member
"With this update, you can now chat with anyone on Discord via voice channels or group calls directly from your console, making it easy to connect with friends across mobile, Xbox, and PC."

Fci0zI5XgAIMOTb

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2022/09/13/discord-voice-now-available-for-everyone-on-xbox/

HTK

Banned
This is great news, I expect Discord to eventually become the go to voice party chat on consoles.

I'm disappointed that Sony announced the Discord partnership over a year now and no substantial update on Discord Voice on PS5. Great job Xbox!

dem

Figured discord was fucked on Xbox once Sony announced the investment/partnership.

Good to see discord getting better on Xbox.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Man, I wish all platform holders worked together to implement Matrix protocol. Now they are in the mercy of Discord. I know it's hard to rival Discord, but if they implement Matrix they can just turn their chat framework into a Matrix client. Mozilla already switched to Matrix from irc.

Top Bottom