• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disgaea 4 Complete+ - Launch Trailer (Nintendo Switch, PS4)

Bullet Club

Banned

Out Now!
Find out more @ https://disgaea.us/d4-complete/

The ULTIMATE Disgaea game is here! Valvatorez will stop at nothing to keep the promises he's made, even if he has to turn all of Hades upside down to do it! Experience this insane strategy RPG classic like never before, complete with all the additional scenarios, characters and DLC ever released for this title, along with brand new tweaks and functionality!

Available NOW on PlayStation®4 and Nintendo Switch™.

Is there any reason to pick this up if I've already got 5?
Depends on why you play the games.

Unless you've plumbed the depth of Disgaea 5 including multiple 9999 reincarnations, duping the best Rare items (with matching numbers), maxing out your spells, delving into Chara world for the best bonuses, leveling up your gear, fought the pirates, conquered Carnage Dimension, etc etc then stick with 5. The post-game meat is the point of playing these games (IMO) so unless you've done that I would hold off.

If FETH was my first SRPG and I really liked it would I like this series?
Disgaea has a throwaway story in my opinion, so if story is why you enjoyed FE:TH I would look elsewhere.

However, when it comes to the mechanics I think Disgaea is at the top of the SRPG pile. If you like the idea of power-leveling your characters, delving into 100-floor dungeons for the best gear, acquiring dozens of unique characters + classes, and tweaking almost every facet of your team, this is the game for you.

I also really like how a lot of battles can be solved by puzzling out a one-turn victory.

Look up some combat videos if you aren't sure.

Top Bottom