• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you buy the food sold at Starbucks?

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
Warmed Cheese Danish + Bantam Bagels are both pretty good. Overpriced, but that's Starbucks for you.

As most people said in here, their food offerings are, in a word... uninspired.

The consistent excellence of Mcdonald's inexpensive coffee stands as a testimonial to the fact that American coffee doesn't have to taste horrible to Europeans and doesn't have to cost the earth.

I have no clue where you folks are that McDonalds coffee is better than Starbucks. Starbucks is certainly not the best coffee place on earth (for a chain, that'd be Intelligentsia), but it certainly beats out the cardboardy scalded garbage you get at a typical American McDonald's. I'd choose the hotel room coffee pods over mcdonalds.

Sullichin

The consistent excellence of Mcdonald's inexpensive coffee stands as a testimonial to the fact that American coffee doesn't have to taste horrible to Europeans and doesn't have to cost the earth.
?????????????? Mcdonalds Coffee ?????????????????
I have no clue where you folks are that McDonalds coffee is better than Starbucks. Starbucks is certainly not the best coffee place on earth (for a chain, that'd be Intelligentsia), but it certainly beats out the cardboardy scalded garbage you get at a typical American McDonald's. I'd choose the hotel room coffee pods over mcdonalds.

Yeah. I don't prefer starbucks but mcdonalds coffee is straight up horrible. They also often have difficulty making just black coffee without flavor/cream/sugar

norm9

The past couple years, they're upgraded their coffee line to be more in line with the snobbish starbucks, and it tastes really good. Plus they'll put the sugar and cream in there for you which is convenient when you're driving through.
ETA- I only go to starbucks maybe once or twice a year, usually after the holidays when someone gives me a starbucks card.

Voidwolf

I've had Starbucks maybe 4 or 5 times in my life, only because family members have suggested going and treating us to it. The last time I went I had a chocolate croissant and it was amazing. Their coffee is really good too. If there was a Starbucks in the building I work at I'd probably go there once or twice a month.

I think I got a lemon bar once that was okay, but I don't generally go for sweets. I had one of their Breakfast sandwiches once too, and yeah, even McDonalds is light years ahead in the Breakfast sandwich game.

The past couple years, they're upgraded their coffee line to be more in line with the snobbish starbucks, and it tastes really good. Plus they'll put the sugar and cream in there for you which is convenient when you're driving through.
ETA- I only go to starbucks maybe once or twice a year, usually after the holidays when someone gives me a starbucks card.
If the concern is having to put in the cream/sugar yourself may I recommend Dunkin Donuts

Disclaimer: I am from New England

Machine

I used to work down the street from a Starbucks and they had a delicious banana-chocolate chip muffin that I would frequently buy. Sadly, they stopped carrying that particular muffin and then my office moved. I haven't been to Starbucks since then.

D i Z

Some of their sandwiches are really good. Pricey, but if you're in a pinch they'll do you right. The cakes and pastries are good too.

v1lla21

No, like their coffee, it's overpriced. I only ever go there during winter to get the peppermint mocha and most of the time I get something similar somewhere else

Shaanyboi

Banned
I'll get that chorizo sandwich once in a while. Never as like something I go to them for, moreso just out of convenience of "need coffee and maybe a bite for breakfast"

No, I assume they are over priced and mediocre like their beverages. The only time I go to Starbucks if someone makes me. I actually judge people who go to Starbucks as super pretentious 🙃

No, I assume they are over priced and mediocre like their beverages. The only time I go to Starbucks if someone makes me. I actually judge people who go to Starbucks as super pretentious 🙃

Starbucks is pretty much the McDonald’s of coffee. Why would that be pretentious?

Pretentious? Yeah, the guy sleeping in the corner and the person picking her nose while staring at facebook... super pretentious.

Dude what, Starbucks is about the least pretentious coffee you can get outside of a convenience store.

NewFresh

It's pretty mediocre and overpriced. Even when I'm expensing their food, I feel likes it's a waste of money.

Starbucks pretentious? It's like the McDonald's of coffee chains.

For the record, I go to dunkins for my coffee or McDonald's. I need at least two hobos in the vicinity of the establishment otherwise I consider it too rich for my blood.

old

I tried a hot sandwich there once two years ago. That was also the last time.

That says everything.

Charcoal

For the record, I go to dunkins for my coffee or McDonald's. I need at least two hobos in the vicinity of the establishment otherwise I consider it too rich for my blood.
Yeah, the $3.18 medium coffee at Dunkin is so much more low-brow than the $3.78 medium coffee at Starbucks.

iPaul93

Yea, mostly their cakes.I love the raspberry cheesecake.

6834685719_658ac3af09_z.jpg

GulAtiCa

Mainly just their cookies or treats, nothing really beyond that.

Speaking of Starbucks. I actually saw one of those dumb "Friend's don't let friends drink Starbucks" shirts on a guy who was waiting for his drink. I guess he didn't have any good friends to help prevent him. lol

I think if I ever do buy actual food at Starbucks (pretty rare), it tends to be one of the breakfast sandwiches/the spinach feta wrap. They're actually pretty good.

I usually just get a drink tho.

Valhelm

contribute something
I get their turkey bacon sandwich two or three times a week. It's the only food item on the menu that's not grossly overpriced, and because I can't find a cheaper cafe with wifi I've probably eaten a hundred of those shits

idk why you'd buy any other food there

I'm in the UK. Starbucks coffee tastes, er, weird and rough to my European palate, a bit like cheap instant coffee. McDonald's coffee is actually quite good by comparison. It's certainly possible that the quality of the coffee is different in other countries, and it's also possible that the Starbucks coffee in the UK really does meet American expectations.

Yeah, the $3.18 medium coffee at Dunkin is so much more low-brow than the $3.78 medium coffee at Starbucks.

That's about £2.80, and presumably is before tax. A very good British High Street coffee will typically cost you less than £2 including VAT. Usually a lot less than £2.

Top Bottom