• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you smoke weed?

QSD

Long time smoker here. Live in Amsterdam, and was born on the 23rd of July, which is the birthday of Haile Selassie, emperor of Ethiopia and holy person/god of Rastafarians. So I guess it's sort of inevitable.

I know a lot of smoking music for sure. I also produce severly THC-influenced music with a friend so let me just risk being savaged and drop one of our tracks here:

Meesh

Dude, Desperate House Wives of Atlantaaaahhh, shit is no doubt going down! Dat tude!

Dont dig the OC one as much.... the characters feel... "weaker"???

Kev Kev

day off ✅
50mg of edibles✅

still pretty new to edibles so im taking it easy. i already took one big boy dose that was a bit too much :pie_roffles: so 50mg is all im taking for now. gonna play some guitar, do some laundry and cleaning, and hit up some ffix later... oh and plenty of shit posting lol! down the hatch!

2jNNMhu.jpg

My in-laws (multi generational) seem to base their identity around a very narrow scope of things, one of which is pot. They can’t get through their day without it, so I suppose they are dependent on it. I don’t know enough about it, although they take every chance they can to educate me on “strains” and shit. Taking part in family events is painfully boring if I’m sober.

Last edited:

Meesh

K so after much deliberation I can only say that streaming services like Netflix and Amazon should have the option to create a "line up".

Take your fav shows/ sitcoms, select to view newest episodes or a collection of older ones and whammo!!! Instant Saturday night line up like back in the day. Or Thursday! Or whatever day! Like yesterday....back in the day...
Anyways...

Streaming service line up creation. That's whats up.

Anyone else here stoned?

Tschumi

Never taken a drug in my life.. as a teen in China i was too busy bumping uglies with fine older local women on weeknights and weekends to spend any time with a group of 16 year old dudes bonding over puke puddles in bars with backed up sewerage, in uni i was too busy with my degree and too poor to buy overpriced Australian alcohol, and still too busy picking up girlfriends... And playing too much private server vanilla wow or sports... consequently i see no point in getting drunk or high, social or otherwise, and now I'm too busy with adult married life, too much escapism though, by half

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Not even the slightest bit curious
Not with drugs at all. With alcohol there is family history there that is devastating so I would just rather not give it any opportunity.
Maybe I will try wine at some point. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I always want to be sober.

Gamer Jammy

Neo Member
No I don't. But I think it should not be punished if you smoke weed paying attention to not make others breathe the smoke. Also it should be legal to grow your own weed. All ok if ensured that the smoke is not going to anyone's nose.

John2290

For it, haven't smoked in many years but I'm for complete and full legalization with regulation and if need be for that to happen, cigarettes and alcohol level tax although I don't think it would deserve such heavy taxing as it'd boost the consumer economy with few downsides. I'm for legalization of all drugs though, aside from Meth and Crack and other abominations, with heavy taxation.

INC

I cant smoke bongs anymore, only thing that makes me weird out, and I've done most other drugs, but its the bong that fucks me

Makes my skin feel like cracked glass, and I need to scratch it off

So yeh, I dont do the bong anymore

I really wanna try dab tho

Last edited:

The Fartist

Gold Member
Haven't smoked in two months, but I was hitting it pretty hard since I grew my own plant this past summer, it was a damn good yield. It was stupid good weed, not trying to brag, I was surprised by how dank that shit was, first time growing too.

It really got it's hooks on me, it was a good week of cold sweats at night when I stopped cold turkey, but I'm glad I don't smoke like that anymore. I'm thinking about getting back on it in the near future, maybe once a week kinda thing. The high is sooo much better if you don't smoke everyday, it's like a light mushroom trip for me, I see the matrix, which is what I want when I smoke.

Saiyan-Rox

I've never smoked a thing in my life and tbh I probably won't ever.

The smell of weed disgusts me it makes me wanna vom so bad D: the Gf uses it quite a lot she moved to the oils though thankfully which means no smell.

She did eventually talk me into trying an edible Cause I had sleep issues - a brownie and a chocolate bar. The brownie was meh nothing I'd go omg I need this again it wasn't anything more than feeling slightly odd. the chocolate bar had me feeling dizzy af I was up most of the night throwing up after taking it and the smell of it was so bad.

Last edited:

Hip Hop

Im an addict.
if i found meth id probably buy it too but i have no clue

probably smoke 2oz-3oz a week or about 84 grams or 168 joints. Barely gets me high. This depression is killing me.

Edibles, Tinctures, 1,000MG does nothing to me all at once. Tried CBD to see if it helped, took 3,600MG whole and still nothing

its terrible

Last edited:

Cycom

Banned
I love getting high but I don't love getting high, it's a love hate relationship 😔.
That’s me. I can’t smoke weed anymore. Vaping and edibles for me only.
Im an addict.

probably smoke 2oz-3oz a week or about 84 grams or 168 joints. Barely gets me high. This depression is killing me.

Edibles, Tinctures, 1,000MG does nothing to me all at once. Tried CBD to see if it helped, took 3,600MG whole and still nothing

its terrible
Damn, homie. Have you looked into any addiction counseling?

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
haven't since ~2006

we used to always get high on school breaks and turn up an hour late missing classes. i definitely sat some exams high. remember one time we sneaked into the school at night and sat on the roof. my friend was convinced the world was about to end cause he could see a meteor coming towards him. i couldn't see it but believed him and started freaking out.

Last edited:
Im an addict.

its terrible

Holy shit. At my worst I've done 2 Oz a month and I thought that was a lot. Do whatever you can to take some time away from it, any distraction, occupy yourself. Do something that requires you to be 100% sober. Your head must be foggy as all hell and I guess you depend on it for every little thing.

Night.Ninja

Banned
Im an addict.

its terrible
You need to stop for a while, allow your body to get back to normal levels.

The Fartist

Gold Member
Im an addict.

its terrible
Damn, son.

You should give Kundalini Yoga a shot, it's worked wonders for hardcore drug addicts and helped me kick my alcoholism. It's pretty incredible. I get high just off a one hour session, it's real shit.

Last edited:

TrainedRage

Banned
Im an addict.

its terrible
Im an addict too. I feel ya, luckily weed doesnt seem to put me in that spiral like the booze does. I cant drink the hard stuff anymore and stepped away from harder drugs. Rehab helped me quite a bit to get clean and realize I was on a path to nowhere. It opened my eyes.

levyjl1988

Banned
Nope, I tried it however out of curiosity and because I was depressed because I was turned down, she wasn't interested.
It was interesting as I saw faces that were in my consciousness a whole wall of them and they were all mutating and configuring themselves to other faces. Think of the wall of faces in Game of Thrones and all of them face changing like some sort of face app. It was weird. I dislike the smell. I now face my depression head-on and was never really deeply depressed.
The cure to depression is Dark Souls. Play that, struggle, become better, and then you'll find yourself being the invader.

Iorv3th

Nope, I tried it however out of curiosity and because I was depressed because I was turned down, she wasn't interested.
It was interesting as I saw faces that were in my consciousness a whole wall of them and they were all mutating and configuring themselves to other faces. Think of the wall of faces in Game of Thrones and all of them face changing like some sort of face app. It was weird. I dislike the smell. I now face my depression head-on and was never really deeply depressed.
The cure to depression is Dark Souls. Play that, struggle, become better, and then you'll find yourself being the invader.
That certainly doesn't sound like weed. I smoke regularly and have never seen anything. It just helps me chill and think of things better and be more focused.

The Fartist

Gold Member
That certainly doesn't sound like weed. I smoke regularly and have never seen anything. It just helps me chill and think of things better and be more focused.
It's possible, assuming he's talking about closed eye visuals.

I have pretty vivid closed eye visuals if I take a week off or more and I've been smoking for 19 years+. It's totally possible for someone's first huge rip. It definitely varries from person to person, though.

With that said, if he's talking about open eye, then that shit was totally laced.

Last edited:
Im an addict.

its terrible
I think you should really seek professional help if your tolerance is that high. 84 grams a week? Damn man, I never got close to that even in my height of pot smoking. No matter how much you somke your tolerance is too high and with 1 or 2 joints you have already hit max drug efficacy. You won't fix that addiction until you work on your depression. Hang in there man.

Last edited:

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
I used to daily but at this point I am so busy with a family and real responsibilities it isn't as fun anymore.

The best part about blazing was really being able to chill and enjoy it. Now there is always something to do, always some task to complete or make progress on.

I didn't quit by any means but looking forward to getting back into it when I retire.

acm2000

being in the UK where its illegal of course i dont* smoke weed.

* except for a few times a week where i use it medicinally to help with both physical and mental issues, currently using Gas and Orange Zkittlez

Kev Kev

I used to daily but at this point I am so busy with a family and real responsibilities it isn't as fun anymore.

The best part about blazing was really being able to chill and enjoy it. Now there is always something to do, always some task to complete or make progress on.

I didn't quit by any means but looking forward to getting back into it when I retire.
i will do any and everything high. however, recently, ive realized im more productive when im sober (go figure lol). so yeah, you got the right idea. ive recently cut down to one hit at night, around 8 o clock, just to wind down. seems to be going well so far. but i dont have kids or a wife either so 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
i will do any and everything high. however, recently, ive realized im more productive when im sober (go figure lol). so yeah, you got the right idea. ive recently cut down to one hit at night, around 8 o clock, just to wind down. seems to be going well so far. but i dont have kids or a wife either so 🤷‍♂️

Yup I was the same, including earning 3 degrees, going to work etc. I could still do it but the anxiety hits me a bit more, like I should be doing something more productive then its just not enjoyable.

200mg!?
lol i am the guy in the red shirt at the bottom right ^ lmao. 200mg would kill me
My tolerance is out of control, gonna try and take a break for a minute so I can get fucked up off of 75 or so. As for now I am sitting in the cockpit waiting for liftoff if you know what I mean 😂

i got another 200mg for tomorrow tho, paid holiday @ work so I’m gonna get everything done that I need to first thing when I wake up then enjoy 😎

Kev Kev

My tolerance is out of control, gonna try and take a break for a minute so I can get fucked up off of 75 or so. As for now I am sitting in the cockpit waiting for liftoff if you know what I mean 😂

i got another 200mg for tomorrow tho, paid holiday @ work so I’m gonna get everything done that I need to first thing when I wake up then enjoy 😎
sounds amazin, enjoy the ride! say hello to jupiter for me lol

Top Bottom