• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you smoke weed?

moka

My experience smoking hash is very limited tbh. Always heard it is good. I just find that Europeans, especially Italians always go on and on about hash. I always put it down to a limited supply of the real good stuff. Just an assumption though, as I said.

I first smoked hash when I was in Lisbon, it was a completely difference experience! Managed to find a good source in London, and it costs more than weed but it's worth it. It takes a little longer to prepare as well, you have to pick it apart, but in my opinion it's wayyyy better than weed.

*Nightwing

Drugs and alcohol are for degenerates. You don't need it and both only ruin lives

Everyone is having a nice time enjoying life and you barraged in here to ruin our time and call everyone degenerates when you know we can't hear you cause your too high up on your high horse? There is a great natural plant God made that will take that edge off and let you enjoy life more man.

livestOne

so if I was using this thread for firsttimer info about weed I would think every time you smoke you felt the same exact high which most of the time it makes you paranoid, anxious, depressed has withdrawal symptoms on par with alchohol and Snoop Dogg's on his deathbed and hiding it well because he's about to have 5 heart attacks in a row.

How could one anti drug campaign from the 90s do so much damage.

Virex

Banned
Everyone is having a nice time enjoying life and you barraged in here to ruin our time and call everyone degenerates when you know we can't hear you cause your too high up on your high horse? There is a great natural plant God made that will take that edge off and let you enjoy life more man.
No I'm not on my high horse. Here's what drugs and drinking brings a person

- Destroys families
- Destroys relationships
- Destroys marriages
- Destroys jobs and futures
- Brings sorrow and misery

I can go on and on about what drugs and alcohol brings into a person's life. I destroyed my marriage(well technically not married but been together forever), relationships with people, relationship with my family and hurt the ones I love the most. The only shining light was my boss could have fired me and I have a really good job. Instead they got me help. And I've managed to meet so many people who ruined they're lives and more because of drugs and alcohol.

Edit : I'm just happy I never had kids because it messes them up the most. Guess I was lucky not to be married in the sense wedding and paperwork. But my long long long term girlfriend(we were basically living like a married couple for years) ended up not wanting to put up with me either. This does sound terrible but now that my life is back on track and being single really feels great. I've read more books and play I ever did

Last edited:

moka

- Destroys families
- Destroys relationships
- Destroys marriages

I can go on and on about what drugs and alcohol brings into a person's life. I destroyed my marraige, relationships with people, relationship with my family and hurt the ones I love the most. The only shining light was my boss could have fired me and I have a really good job. Instead they got me help. And I've managed to meet so many people who ruined they're lives and more because of drugs and alchol.

Sorry that drugs and alcohol did this to you but it is perfectly possible to enjoy drink and drugs sensibly. If I eat too much pizza I will put on weight.

Virex

Banned
Sorry that drugs and alcohol did this to you but it is perfectly possible to enjoy drink and drugs sensibly. If I eat too much pizza I will put on weight.
I do understand what you mean. I've just come across, so many people that have walked the same path I did to understand the dangers of drugs and alcohol. I can never touch a drink ever again but damn do I still miss beer

moka

I do understand what you mean. I've just come across, so many people that have walked the same path I did to understand the dangers of drugs and alcohol. I can never touch a drink ever again but damn do I still miss beer
It's very to use drugs and alcohol to mask underlying issues such as depression. If you are doing this, you're doing it wrong. Similarly, it's also easy for someone with an addictive personality to quite easily become hooked onto non-physically addictive drugs, similar to how it can be really easy for someone to become addicted to shopping and max out their credit cards, or become addicted to McDonalds and eat too much junk. It's all about having self control and using these substances as part of a balanced and healthy lifestyle!

I can't believe I just said that.

Last edited:

*Nightwing

- Destroys families
- Destroys relationships
- Destroys marriages

I can go on and on about what drugs and alcohol brings into a person's life. I destroyed my marriage(well technically not married but been together forever), relationships with people, relationship with my family and hurt the ones I love the most. The only shining light was my boss could have fired me and I have a really good job. Instead they got me help. And I've managed to meet so many people who ruined they're lives and more because of drugs and alcohol.

Edit : I'm just happy I never had kids because it messes them up the most. Guess I was lucky not to be married in the sense wedding and paperwork. But my long long long term girlfriend(we were basically living like a married couple for years) ended up not wanting to put up with me either. This does sound terrible but now that my life is back on track and being single really feels great. I've read more books and play I ever did

It's very to use drugs and alcohol to mask underlying issues such as depression. If you are doing this, you're doing it wrong. Similarly, it's also easy for someone with an addictive personality to quite easily become hooked onto non-physically addictive drugs, similar to how it can be really easy for someone to become addicted to shopping and max out their credit cards, or become addicted to McDonalds and eat too much junk. It's all about having self control and using these substances as part of a balanced and healthy lifestyle!

I can't believe I just said that.

Moca said it better than I. Just one last note to add, you are lumping in weed with heavier drugs and just using hyperbole to substantiate your viewpoint. Nothing wrong with that, let's just be realistic and honest about it because the absence of facts surrounding weed has enabled this type of fear mongering

SKM1

I used to smoke a lot when I was younger. Now it's just a social thing sometimes. What I don't like about it is that it makes me lazy and too self conscious. I like to smoke when attending family gatherings so that I can tolerate all the bullshit and have some semblance of fun.

xsarien

daedsiluap

- Destroys families
- Destroys relationships
- Destroys marriages

That's what drug abuse does. That's what alcohol abuse does. It's not a black and white scenario. People can drink responsibly, and people can smoke a joint after a particularly stressful day responsibly.

roflcaust

Neo Member
Will be celebrating two years of sobriety next month. In February 2017, I finally decided to check into rehab after a 12-year period of using/ abusing drugs. By the time I had checked into rehab, I was taking 4x 2mg Xanax bars, 4-6x 2mg Klonopins, 1x 70mg Vyvanze, 2x 30mg Adderall, and upwards to 16mg of Suboxone a day... for almost four years. As well as smoking pot every day of course. By the time I turned 29-30, I was having difficulty staying awake at work I was so dosed up and had to quit before my employer found out what was going on.

During that period, I still graduated from college; graduated from Berkeley Haas Graduate school with honors (while smoking black tar heroin regularly); and held jobs at some of the most prestigious high-tech companies in the Bay Area.

What did it cost? Any women that tried to love me. Any kind of meaningful relationship with my family (which has been now repaired and are on great terms). Any kind of meaningful friendship. All I cared at the time was when people met me, I could tell them what Ivy League school I went to and what job I had so I could give them the impression I was a successful, upstanding person when I was a total undercover, borderline suicidal druggie.

I did a lot of emotional damage to a lot of women. Awful things I'll never forget but had to forgive myself for to move forward.

Next month, I'll be celebrating the opening of my second start-up as well.

Life can change but abusing drugs of any type will always prevent you from doing what you want.

(If you can moderate your weed smoking and be a casual user, there's nothing wrong with that and more power to you).

Last edited:

cryptoadam

Banned
Joint or Vape?

Sometimes you just feel like smoking a nice hand rolled joint. But then other times you want to vape a bowl.

So WeedGAF which do you prefer. If you were given a gram of the greatest bud to grace gods green earth do you grap your zig zags or you Pax?

SKM1

lsqPn.jpg

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Joint or Vape?

Sometimes you just feel like smoking a nice hand rolled joint. But then other times you want to vape a bowl.

So WeedGAF which do you prefer. If you were given a gram of the greatest bud to grace gods green earth do you grap your zig zags or you Pax?
I only discovered vaping weed was a thing from this thread. I’m old and out of the loop. I’m still not even sure how this works. Is it only common where weed has been legalised? Therefore shops can sell liquified weed extract?

cryptoadam

Banned
I only discovered vaping weed was a thing from this thread. I’m old and out of the loop. I’m still not even sure how this works. Is it only common where weed has been legalised? Therefore shops can sell liquified weed extract?

Most vapes you just grind up your bud and put it in the chamber (or bowl). You can get use oils as well, but the common way to vape is grinded up bud.

So instead of rolling a joint you put the weed in the vape and then you take hits off of it. Like smoking a bong in a sense.

https://www.paxvapor.com/pax-2

I have the Pax2 which I think is a great personal vape and its very innocuous.

*Nightwing

I second this:
Most vapes you just grind up your bud and put it in the chamber (or bowl). You can get use oils as well, but the common way to vape is grinded up bud.

So instead of rolling a joint you put the weed in the vape and then you take hits off of it. Like smoking a bong in a sense.

But will add the lower temperature heating seems to taper down the effects, and also lowers the length of its effects. On a positive side, you can consume the already vapped herb afterwards, getting a mild edible effect as well, getting a 2 for 1 use out of you herb. But if smoking and it's effects are just the tits for you as it is for me, vaping does not give the same level of high.

Now vaping dabs or concentrate instead of dry herb is a different ballgame all together, but I still don't stray from the good old lighting herb on fire and inhaling for my personal preference

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken

I second this:

But will add the lower temperature heating seems to taper down the effects, and also lowers the length of its effects. On a positive side, you can consume the already vapped herb afterwards, getting a mild edible effect as well, getting a 2 for 1 use out of you herb. But if smoking and it's effects are just the tits for you as it is for me, vaping does not give the same level of high.

Now vaping dabs or concentrate instead of dry herb is a different ballgame all together, but I still don't stray from the good old lighting herb on fire and inhaling for my personal preference
So how does this differ from when people used to use those battery operated bongs where you light up the weed, switch it on and it blows the smoke down your throat?

TrainedRage

Banned
I use wax. Its concentrated weed; like little THC balls that you heat without fire (vape).

hdOYDR3wTTP3cBMSVgOk_Refine1.JPG

Pretty good video...

*Nightwing

So how does this differ from when people used to use those battery operated bongs where you light up the weed, switch it on and it blows the smoke down your throat?

It is a lower temperature and more control on the vaping products to avoid combustion of the herb, same principal in function though. Those battery bongs burn the herb to create smoke, vaping heats it but keeps the herb below burning to get the moisture out in a gas to vape

G-Bus

Banned
Joint or Vape?

Two years ago I'd have said joint. Vape for sure. Lasts longer, tastes better. Best way to smoke imo.

How do you all view smoking around kids? I'm in Canada so it's legal and I got a kid on the way. I don't smoke inside. Probably won't smoke around them for a long time but it just got me thinking when and if it's ever appropriate.

TrainedRage

Banned
Two years ago I'd have said joint. Vape for sure. Lasts longer, tastes better. Best way to smoke imo.

How do you all view smoking around kids? I'm in Canada so it's legal and I got a kid on the way. I don't smoke inside. Probably won't smoke around them for a long time but it just got me thinking when and if it's ever appropriate.
I would not do it (the act of smoking) around them. Like wait until they go to bed, or sneak off to the bathroom and hit the vape. But as they get older they will figure that shit out.

cryptoadam

Banned
I second this:

I agree there is a difference between vaping and smoking a joint. Also most vapes hold .3-.5 so you aren't even smoking a dime if you only smoke one chamber. Its different for sure and vaping takes some time to get used to.

I like to roll my vapped herb into a joint instead of tobacco for my 2 for 1 use.

cryptoadam

Banned

In Canada too. Government can't get shit straight and meet demand its stupid.

I would avoid smoking around kids. I don't think it would ever be appropriate IMO. Teenagers though who cares LOL.

Graven

Why would you never even try it?
Do you think you would become addicted or something or are you afraid of getting caught?

To put it simple, i despise any substance that can impact behavior(and i sure have my reasons), let alone other damaging effects to the health. ,

Less money spendance, better health and one less potential addiction to deal with it(since addiction can come in many forms), It's a win-win the way i see it.

TrainedRage

Banned
To put it simple, i despise any substance that can impact behavior(and i sure have my reasons), let alone other damaging effects to the health. ,

Less money spendance, better health and one less potential addiction to deal with it(since addiction can come in many forms), It's a win-win the way i see it.
Damn so you don't drink soda or coffee? You don't take medicine when you are sick? I hear you and have no problem with you not wanting to do it but I don't think it's as bad as you may think it is. Where are you from by the way?

SKM1

I've induced five or so friends of mine to smoke weed and every single one of them said things like "no, weed is bad, it changes you, etc" and ended up enjoying it and tripping balls. They are all doing great.

Weed ruining your life is such a stupid myth. If your life is ruined by weed then you had some underlying problems you were not addressing or you were always a bum.

RedVIper

Banned
I first smoked hash when I was in Lisbon, it was a completely difference experience! Managed to find a good source in London, and it costs more than weed but it's worth it. It takes a little longer to prepare as well, you have to pick it apart, but in my opinion it's wayyyy better than weed.

You paid more for hash than weed? You were robed.

Graven

Damn so you don't drink soda or coffee? You don't take medicine when you are sick? I hear you and have no problem with you not wanting to do it but I don't think it's as bad as you may think it is. Where are you from by the way?

I do not drink coffee because i simply do not like it, i do drink soda from time to time but with a very tight moderation. Sparkling water and grape juice is all i need really.

Medicine is a whole different situation, if something happens and i have to take some to help me get better i will do it without a problem(with medical orientations). I'm from Brazil.

Dark Star

Joint or Vape?

smoking a whole joint by yourself gets you super ripped, great time, though a bit of a waste if you're low on weed.

vaporizing, from my experience, and many others, gives you a very clean high. saves bud and it's great for sharing, passing back and forth. my experiences with PAX are amazing... i remember taking a few hits while playing videogames with my friend (his PAX), one of my first time vaping weed... i was so high i forgot the controls lol, got me really spacey.

vaping dabs/oils is next level as well, totally grounds you with just a couple hits.

i think my prefered method will always be using spoon pipe / bubblers and bongs, quick snap and you're lifted.

Last edited:

TrainedRage

Banned
I do not drink coffee because i simply do not like it, i do drink soda from time to time but with a very tight moderation. Sparkling water and grape juice is all i need really.

Medicine is a whole different situation, if something happens and i have to take some to help me get better i will do it without a problem(with medical orientations). I'm from Brazil.

OK. I mean marijuana is legally used for medicinal purposes in many places in the world. Just think of it as a plant based medicine. Many people with chronic (no pun intended) illness, use it to relieve pain and ease symptoms. My mom used it when she had cancer because she would get incredibly nauseous for days at a time. But using marijuana helped her to elevate the nausea making her much more comfortable.

I understand your hesitation about it, but don't vilify it or people who use it. We are good folks! I would love to get high with you and listen to some sweet Brazilian music and eat some Fogo de Chão style/ churrascaria!

Night.Ninja

Banned

Where in London 🙃

Top Bottom