• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you think Konami's strategy for efootball will work out?

Will Konami's apparent efootball strategy work out?

• Yes it will

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • No it won't

Votes: 21 42.0%
  • I have no idea

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Maybe/not sure

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • They have a strategy?

Votes: 19 38.0%

• Total voters
Their apparent strategy anyway, that being:
Focusing on the mobile market first, pushing their crossplay and myclub microtransactions, fragmenting the base game's features.

edit: they're going where the money's at, will it work out for them?

Last edited:
I think it might eventually.
This industry has severe short term memory, and the ftp plan was good on paper.

If they fix this up eventually, enough people will forget the shit launch and their model might just work out

Last edited:

Freeman76

I am a rare abnormal species who prefers the gameplay of PES to Fifa. Ever since ISS Pro ive been a fan. I think it will work personally, even though I dont agree with the actual model myself.

Reactions: TLZ

Shut0wen

Efootball definitely not but EA could definitely make ulimate team separate F2P model and make a shit load, all theyd have to do is update the game with its yearly fifa installment that way theyd make money off there yesrly fifa games since more then 50% of people who buy fifa dont play online while F2P ulimate team caters to those that do play online

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Nope.

Their mobile game doesnt smell like a must buy.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
They had enough evidence to prove the strategy was solid but I think theyve under delivered on the game/tech side. The question now is can they recover from this launch because its really terrible.

RAIDEN1

There is NO strategy this installment was virtually an own-goal they can't come back from.....Anyone still playing the previous edition?

nah they will always be the poor mans FIFA.

as much as FIFA sucks in that it is the same bullshit each year...it still sells really well. EA are killing it and Konami can only dream of being half as good as FIFA.

Do they have access to real player names and clubs now ? As long as EA has control over those nothing can be done on football field.

Aldynes

Phase 1 of the plan is already over, with a record 2 days !

1633048575_845_eFootball-le-jeu-Konami-a-la-pire-note-Steam-de.jpg

hideo-kojima-hideo-kojima-sippin-on-konami-tears-non-tears-4364038.png

just according to keikaku

TLZ

Banned
nah they will always be the poor mans FIFA.

as much as FIFA sucks in that it is the same bullshit each year...it still sells really well. EA are killing it and Konami can only dream of being half as good as FIFA.
FIFA has been top selling since the 90s. Doesn't mean their game is better. It was always a rubbish game until FIFA 08 it became decent.

Top Bottom