• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you wish remakes of games included the original graphics?

TaySan

Banned
As someone who has never played any of the classic RE games i really wish they had an option to be able to play the ps1 version visuals of the game. I loved how in the Master Chief Collection you have the option to switch between the classic and the anniversary visuals i even preferred playing the classic visuals.

mortal

Gold Member
Your example is not something that can be applicable to any remake though.
Some developers opt to redesign the game fundamentally, which would make what you're proposing impossible to implement.

Although HD remasters make more sense for this.

Three

As someone who has never played any of the classic RE games i really wish they had an option to be able to play the ps1 version visuals of the game. I loved how in the Master Chief Collection you have the option to switch between the classic and the anniversary visuals i even preferred playing the classic visuals.
That would be fundamentally different for a remake, they would need to put in work to create dated graphics for a new game. A Remaster is different. A Remaster is the exact same old game with new graphics.

Top Bottom