• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does Anyone Else Love 'Lore Rich Games?

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
For me canon and rich lore and world building is extremely important to me. Even when it comes to table top gaming I love games that are very well fleshed out.

Elder Scrolls and Halo are good examples. But I also love video games based on tabletop games that are rich in lore and try to adhere to the canon. There are many examples of that but one that comes to mind is Warhammer 40,000.

There are mods for The Elder Scrolls like Nehrim and Enderal that are extremely well in background setting and world building.

When people talk about statistics in tabletop games, I find it more interesting to explore the actual setting itself and any ongoing metaplot.

Who here loves games that are rich and lore and take the time to follow and immerse in it?

Robb

Gold Member
I don’t really deep-dive into lore much outside of the games themselves, but I definitely enjoy games that are well thought out and have detailed lore.

Absolutely love Metroid Prime for that very reason. Scanning stuff is my jam.

I generally prefer when the world/setting do most of the “talking”.

Top Bottom