• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

does eb still let you exchange open games?

i bought driv3r tonight and it sucks. i'd like to exchange it for the new thief game on xbox. do they still let you do that?

Haha, nope. Not for a LONG time now. People abused the system.

Edit: IBHAT

Edit 2: Check out my rad new icon:
ibhat.gif

robot

If your blockbuster has a gamerush, they should have a deal where you trade any game and get a new one for $29.99 PLUS the trade in value of the game. Now since Driv3r just came out, it'll be worth $35 trade-in credit. Through complex science and simple math, you can get Thief for free.

I just traded Chronicles of Riddick using this deal and got Psi-Ops for free. Good times.

belgurdo

Banned
I generally only did it when I either beat the game and wanted something similar to prolong the experience, or I couldn't play the game and needed something better. I tried to keep the "revolving door" stuff to a minimum.

Hellraizah

No luck. I can't believe that with all the reviews in magazine, on the internet AND rental service, people still don't know what to expect when they buy a new game.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Ninja Scooter said:
hell no, and thank god they don't. Go to blockbuster if you want to rent games.

That's not really the same thing, though...

Trying something for a short period of time and deciding you didn't like it isn't the same as buying, playing and returning (which is what the problem was). Considering that they are often assholes about trying out games in the kiosks...it kinda seems unfair. However, those who abused the system really shouldn't be given a break so really, EB is probably doing the right thing for itself...

xsarien

daedsiluap
dark10x said:
That's not really the same thing, though...

Trying something for a short period of time and deciding you didn't like it isn't the same as buying, playing and returning (which is what the problem was).

Most rental places give you a freakin' week. If you can't decide if you like a game in that amount of time...

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
xsarien said:
Most rental places give you a freakin' week. If you can't decide if you like a game in that amount of time...

I just don't like that idea...

When renting, I feel that I am wasting money unless I plow through a game...and when I plow through it, I tend not to enjoy it quite as much. Some games that I really love are actually quite short and could be finished in a rental period. As such, I could blast through it in a rental period and return it. So, I lose the chance to savor the game AND I won't be able to replay when I wish unless I shell out for the title (which suddenly loses some value as a result).

If I use the rental period as nothing more than a quick test to see whether I will enjoy the game, then I feel as though I have wasted THAT money.

Basically, I personally have some odd issues with renting something I want to buy. Thankfully, it isn't really a problem for me as 9 times out of 10, I KNOW about the games I am buying and can tell whether or not I will enjoy it before touching it (though HOW MUCH I enjoy it varies...).

I'm sure there are others that feel that way about renting games, but perhaps they lack the knowledge to realize which games are actually very good.

Top Bottom