• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does it bother you seeing animals kill other animals?

Tesseract

Banned

because+I+choose+to.gif

Cutty Flam

Banned
I know it's mother nature and all, but still their living beings and to see it happen makes me want to look away. Especially if its just for fun like one of my cats like bringing dead birds in the house for fun. :/ Not cool dude thats a waste of life.
I love animals and fully appreciate life. It pains me to se them mistreated at farms, and knowing their lives are so filled with torture and an ongoing cycle of life raised only for their deaths. I always wonder if we're way off in killing them, and all animals, all life, should be given a chance to live. I know it's kind of an outlandish idea for today's times, but recently I thought about how far say the intelligence of a dog or a cow could go if there were schools for them to attend with an education suited for them and their needs, and we could see just how close to them we are in intelligence and how close they are to our intelligence. Get an accurate measure of just how intelligent a cat, or dog, or cow, chicken, etc really is. Because they all love their young, the think to survive like we do, I believe it's wrong to kill them at the end of the day

In the bible it states in the commandments thou shall not kill. I don't think we'd be as far as we are without killing tbh, it's unfortunate, but experimenting on mice and other animals has lead us to a lot of scientific discoveries that help us immensely, but at the same time, where do we draw the line? Id animals are not so far off from us in intelligence, then killing them for food would be a heinous crime at any point in time, past, present, future

I love animals too TC. And although the food web/chain is vicious, it serves a purpose. We might be able to live optimally without meat one day, but some animals need it for their survival. That's just the way this planet, this world, happens to be

Super Mario

Banned
Certain folk have too much empathy. It's very detrimental.

This is spot on. If given the choice, of course I wouldn't want to see an animal harmed. However, at the end of the day, it's life. We are way too emotional and allow those emotions to completely control ourselves and society. Some people will literally cry or have their whole day ruined if they see this kind of stuff. Frankly, I don't even care when people die.

Top Bottom